• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nefertiti0

• Aethereal

• Green

• Raphy23

2 minutes ago, FlyOnTheWall said:

This is putting things so nicely into perspective considering how miss Lipa stans have been acting towards Miley ever since Prisoner :sistrens: The clown came back to bite QUICKLY this time around.

It's cos I actually like Dua and think she's a great pop star. This might be dramatic of me but Dua flopping so early on isn't a great sign for pop music in general, it just seems harder for the pure pop girls of this era to garner a strong fanbase to push debuts. 

These are terrible numbers wow :rip: 

She needs to build a fanbase and have a new album out by early next year, another long break will destroy her career. 

18 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

spacer.png

What's the context of that gif :deadbanana2:

• Haha 2

VpRrDmK.gif

3 minutes ago, visions said:

It's cos I actually like Dua and think she's a great pop star. This might be dramatic of me but Dua flopping so early on isn't a great sign for pop music in general, it just seems harder for the pure pop girls of this era to garner a strong fanbase to push debuts. 

Pure pop girls have always struggled with having a strong fanbase and big album debuts.

Madonna, Britney and Gaga are exceptions. 

Most of the female artists that had big debuts in pure sales and/or streaming have crossover appeal - Taylor, Beyoncé, Alicia, Mariah, Janet, Mary, Shania, Ariana, Sza, Billie, etc. 

• Thanks 1

Watcha Doin or French exit will smash :fan: Just wait and see 

Omg this is REALLY BAD but not surprising since I'm not even motivated to listen to the album. The audience said NO

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

DL-removebg-preview.png

Ugh her mind. A true conceptual artist :WAP:

She had the 2 most streamed female albums ever (until very recently), "Dance The Night" was everywhere just last year, her recent tour did quite well and she's been in this game for almost a decade at this point… how does she still have no sizable fanbase or even just enough hype from the GP to have them tune in for her new music? :gaycat6:

If you compare her career now with her career in early 2020, her status should, by all logic, have increased considerably. Yet she debuted with like ~10M less than 'Future Nostalgia'? That's a disaster in every way, and it's sad… :gaycat7:

• Like 2

I have nothing but good things to say about ms Lipa, but even so this is a historic bomb. Biggest sudden decline since Witness for sure, but at least that era still got some negative attention as opposed to just being ignored :rip: I think its a case of people tuned in for the singles, didn't love them, and then didn't come back for the album drop :rip:

We're living through MPG history once again. Will she be able to come back?

16 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

DL-removebg-preview.png

Life imitates art

Happy Oprah Winfrey GIF

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

DL-removebg-preview.png

she knew it herself.

I hope Dua will take this and do something about it. She did well in 2019/20 to take the feedback about her performance skills and instead of letting it get her down, she used it as motivation to improve. Hopefully she realises the music isn't clicking this time and it inspires her to make a better album.

• Like 6

That dramatics in here :bibliahh:

She will bounce back from this, never underestimate Ms. Lipa :gayalipacat3:

• Like 2

I guess people finally realized that she's a talentless hack with horrible music.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 16

2 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Pure pop girls have always struggled with having a strong fanbase and big album debuts.

Madonna, Britney and Gaga are exceptions. 

Most of the female artists that had big debuts in pure sales and/or streaming have crossover appeal - Taylor, Beyoncé, Alicia, Mariah, Janet, Mary, Shania, Ariana, Sza, Billie, etc. 

I know you're right but this is even worse than the Katy's, Rihanna's, Kesha's etc. of the last gen. She has the makings to be as successful as them, she's just not? 

Idk what it is, there just seems to be a distinct difference between them. Like gp attitudes to pop these days is allowing for singles to be successful now and then, but no interest in listening to the album that follows. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Sawk said:

That dramatics in here :bibliahh:

She will bounce back from this, never underestimate Ms. Lipa :gayalipacat3:

You guys are saying that since Houdini came out.. it was six months ago. Is her time to smash extended to one year gap now? 

Edited by Villas
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

20M for a 11 song album... I don't see the problem. 

It's almost 2M average. 

If it had 31 songs it would be at 60M debut. 

You guys are too much. 

Dua is never about her debut numbers... But the longevity. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

who cares its a great album 

time to tuck dance the night away, potion and cold heart and show these haters what's up dua :eli: 

• Like 1

Fortnight alone outstreams the whole album gets me. A mess, a pee a cackle 

:suburban:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Villas said:

You guys are saying that since Houdini came out.. it was six months ago. Is her time to smash extended to one year gap now? 

houdini has 400m streams it might not be on par with her long list of huge smashes but its nowhere near a flop

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dua has never been a huge debut type of pop girl like rihanna

she's always been about longevity and her eras and songs take time to grow. it has been this way since her debut in 2017 and this new era is nothing different

I have to say she deserves it because comparado to FN this whole album and cicle has been half assed and she doesn't seem to really care

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.