Do you actually like Taylor music or just stan her because she is Taylor Swift?

leyaris11

1 hour ago, Digitalism said:

I don't trust anyone that started stanning after folklore

Specially the ones that stan inactive girls and hide behind Taylor. We all know who you are.

This :giraffe:

• Like 1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevyy

• BLΔCKP!NK

• Shimenawa

• Virgos Groove

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who became a fan during 2016-17 hate train era you can call me a REAL swiftie :fan:

• Like 1

Was a fan since Enchanted grabbed me by the neck and chokeslammed me into the floor in 2012

I've been listening to Taylor and loving her since Speak Now came out. I discovered her on my older cousin's iPod and we used to make lyric videos together of her music on YouTube. I even vividly remember when she first announced Red in 2012 on that livestream and we both had reacted to WANEGBT for the first time. I eventually made my first stan account when I was 12 when 1989 was being released in 2014.

I liked  her before but when I heard "never be so kind you forget to be clever" something shifted. 

Then with  "she would have made such a lovely bride what a shame she's ****** in the head they said" 

I knew she was my kind of poet and from now on I'm sticking beside ha. 

• Haha 1

I like Taylor's music so :gaylorcat2:

I like her music, especially her singles + Snow on the beach and The Archer and more 

Yes 

:suburban:

I've been listening to her in some capacity since Teardrops On My Guitar was blowing up on the charts, so I'd say yes I do like her music. Not a stan necessarily but I enjoy keeping up with her output and watching how far she's come as an artist. 

Why are people turning this lame thread into a contest of who knows Taylor longer? 

i don't stan anyone's name, i stan because of their artistry, and something about their music resonates with me. if you stan Taylor because of her success, I am judging you tbh. :giraffe:

• Thanks 1

Why are people acting as if Taylor's insane success isn't because of her music? Nobody decided one day to massively buy her albums just because they liked the name "Taylor Swift", let's be serious for one second :toofunny3:

• Like 3

I'm more of a casual fan

I kinda jumped on the bandwagon when Red was released. I love Speak Now, but I've loved her much more since she went more pop. She's a veracious artist (like Beyoncé, Prince, etc) and that's why she's so successful — acts like them are PASSIONATE about it! I like her music and I admire her artistry and passion. 

I am capable of choosing what I like and what I enjoy! As do others!

• Like 1

I think it's honestly the other way around at this point. I'm over her as a person I thinksies but still enjoy her music a bit. that said, my stan card is crusty and a bit torn now… 

I enjoy 5 or 6 tracks on the new album, and I definitely love Folklore and Evermore. I think I was a fan from the ages of 10 (2007) to right before I turned 27 (so decemberish 2023 is when stuff began to change). I think seeing her live was the beginning of the closing chapter moment, a great bookend for my STANNING of Taylor, and now i don't consider myself a swiftie but rather just a Taylor fan. I don't like her that much as a person from what we can GATHER, and I think her artistry is often a bit overrated and touted a bit too highly. at the same time, she HAS written and given us some excellent music throughout her career. But Daddy I Love Him, Guilty as Sin?, Clara Bow, and Peter are all gorgeousss songs :heart:

All major artists have success stans, but they're not gonna sit down and tell you that, are they? This seems like an odd question to ask lmao

• Thanks 1

I don't know her.

I just know she released thee REPUTATION and that's a timeless record worth stanning for one eon per track.

You just remember where you were on that day this pop song with fangs was unleashed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, greento said:

Well I liked her before it was "cool". I also couldn't care less about her personal life or who she's dating. I just love her music :michael:

this. she was the first album I bought in middle school ff 

Ive never got the point of "stanning" someone because it's popular? like what do you actually get out of it :rip: 

I've liked her music since Fearless and I was in the trenches for snakegate, so no. 

I don't like her music and I actually hate her because she is Taylor Swift :ryan3:

• Haha 1

I love her music that's why I stan her. 

I don't think someone really stans a celeb only because the "personality" but not the music/work.

Edited by Sad Serenade

On 4/26/2024 at 7:38 PM, Selegend said:

i actually only stan Taylor's MUSIC. 

i am a fan of her work. her lyrics, her albums. i don't care about her as a person or about her chart stats cuz i don't even have time for that 

i only have time to care about one "famous person" life and that's already Selena. I'm a fan of Taylor's WORK. Her albums are top tier and her The Eras Tour was one of the best concerts i've ever been to cuz it's such an experience 

I feel the same way, I think Ariana is the only artist I follow closely, charts and everything. 

I don't know if it's also because I'm quite new to the swifties fanbase (and honestly I hate it) but I don't find myself wanting to engage in conversations and activities with her fans. I don't care about her charts success - she's always on top which makes it kind of boring for some reason :deadbanana4:  I love her albums, her tours and everything, but there's a lot of things her fans love that I don't, like the Midnights countdown, the Easter eggs etc. there's nothing entertaining about that for me, but it's fine by me, I'd rather just enjoy the music.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 10:11 PM, Enrique523 said:

Why are people acting as if Taylor's insane success isn't because of her music? Nobody decided one day to massively buy her albums just because they liked the name "Taylor Swift", let's be serious for one second :toofunny3:

There is a documentary on YT by German national broadcaster ARD and they interviewed some people... and they said for example attend the Eras tour bc of the hype and the atmosphere, but don't know many of her songs. Which means that her success has also become somewhat of a hype. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.