Do you actually like Taylor music or just stan her because she is Taylor Swift?

leyaris11

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevyy

• BLΔCKP!NK

• Shimenawa

• Virgos Groove

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone who stanned her before 2020 is a genuine fan but a lot of fans that joined from 2020s onwards want to feel part of something succesful

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Success Stan. I love feeling like a winner and living an imaginary love life through her :heart:

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

I've been a fan since I was a kid when the Love Story MV just came out and You Belong With Me was just a leaked album track on YouTube. :rip:

I stanned Fearless and Speak Now and even some tracks from her debut album.

She lost me around the start of the Red era but I still bopped to her hits, didn't like her Regina George-like persona that developed since then, especially in the 19Katy9 era.

Then Folklore happened although the music was NOT instant for me (cause I was used to Taylor's upbeat bops) but I LOVED the cozy, secluded, almost fairy tale-like cottagecore concept and aesthetics and the album grew on me. I think her newly adopted mellow and whisper-like vocal style kind of obscured the melodies at first which were actually catchy and interesting. Truly a lightning in a bottle moment during the first lockdowns where everything irl was crazy and surreal, almost apocalyptic and the Folklore concept and sound were like a safe haven. She will NEVER top that and it's ok, no one will, it was truly a "you just had to be there" moment.

Evermore was like the less interesting sequel which I still loved, it had its moments.

I think that was the last time I reached Fearless/Speak Now level stanning and since Midnights, I reverted back to just being a casual listener, bopping to the bops and appreciating the lyrics, MVs, etc.

The re-recordings made me love some hidden gems I overlooked in the eras where I dropped her (especially Red) and The Eras Tour was entertaining, I watched the film everyday for some weeks, even warped my album ranking for a time, but I'm pretty much over it now.

• Like 1

It was over for me the day I heard teardrops on my guitar. She has been one of the constants in my life and it's been amazing to see so many over the years becoming fans with every single era.

• Like 2

I've been enjoying her since the end of the 1989 era so... :bird:

• Like 1

My theory is that people stan that talentless woman ironically. Global inside joke.

spacer.png

• Thumbs Down 6

ive been a fan since 2008, a stan since 2012 and its been fizzling out since 2018. my stan card expired in 2020.

• Like 2

Taylor is the artist with the least cool factor. She has never been perceived as being cool or hip. 
Maybe only in some parts of Asia she might be perceived as cool. 
But I personally feel like that makes her success even more impressive :clap3:

And no I genuinely love Taylor the person and the artist 

• Like 2

I stan her mostly because of her music

• Like 2

I've liked her music since SN and I have liked her more and more with each album :cm: 

I became a fan when I first heard State of Grace - Red - Treacherous :allears:

My username in this forum is Taylor__fan since 2011, if that answers your question

• Haha 1

I've loved her and her music since Fearless. Anyone who stans for her success and to hide behind her is a massive loser

• Like 2

I've been a fan ever since I saw her perform Our Song on Live with Regis and Kelly lol I always wonder if I still would have been a fan of hers because I stayed home from school that day so had I went to class, I never would have known about her (yet). I remember I immediately called my mom at work to ask her to buy her cd at HMV for me!

Other than folklore, evermore and ttpd... all her albums are decent for a casual music lover. She is great at doing catchy pop songs so she should ditch her current producers and go back to make another reputation/1989. 

I used to be one of those who loved everything their fave released... and forced myself to like it. 

Not so anymore. I stream whatever I like from my faves and don't care for whatever I don't like. 

Objectively speaking, not every song on this 31 tracks album is an "instant classic" (Rolling Stone Magazine)... how could it. Even the best albums of all times have duds. 

9 minutes ago, Diesel is Desire said:

I've loved her and her music since Fearless. Anyone who stans for her success and to hide behind her is a massive loser

success stans are the worst, I agree. 

• Like 1

i remember hearing you belong with me from a tv channel at my friend's house and at that point, i knew next to nothing about english but thought the song was so damn catchy.

when i bought my first phone ever, a nokia, i quickly downloaded some gaga and taylor's songs.

so i'd say i genuinely like her music. her stats and records are just bells and whistles :suburban:

also i don't get the stanning cuz it's cool and trendy. like, is it peer pressure or is it menthol eelness?

30 minutes ago, Solaria said:

I think everyone who stanned her before 2020 is a genuine fan but a lot of fans that joined from 2020s onwards want to feel part of something succesful

The first time I really liked something by her was in 2014... and then she truly won me over with Reputation. <3

Well according to some in here, since I joined the fandom slowly after hearing evermore, I guess I don't like her music. :suburban:

• Haha 1

i actually only stan Taylor's MUSIC. 

i am a fan of her work. her lyrics, her albums. i don't care about her as a person or about her chart stats cuz i don't even have time for that 

i only have time to care about one "famous person" life and that's already Selena. I'm a fan of Taylor's WORK. Her albums are top tier and her The Eras Tour was one of the best concerts i've ever been to cuz it's such an experience 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Klein said:

Well according to some in here, since I joined the fandom slowly after hearing evermore, I guess I don't like her music. :suburban:

Becoming a stan after Midnights vs. becoming a stan after Evermore

be-mindful-of-why-you-were-invited-into-

I've been in this for a decade now. I'm not going anywhere. :gaycatina1:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.