The user scores of TTPD are horrible everywhere. What happened?

Digitalism

3 hours ago, BabyBenzz said:

because people did not hate her back then like they do now

that's not true at all :rip:

• Like 2

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Digitalism

• WildHeart

• americanshameless

• dejmieeen

Charlie Puth happened!

On 4/19/2024 at 7:08 PM, MusicLoverDude said:

I'm sure there is trolling going on but Taylor's album is definitely more experimental this time around so not every song is going to click right away.

Explain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

Just now, Phaunzie said:

Explain.

It doesn't have very obvious pop hooks on it and the production isn't very typical of her other albums either. The Anthology is kind of more organic though but again, it's not as pop either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Much like Fetch and Gretchen Weiners, they're desperately trying to repeat 2016 and make the Taylor hate train happen and it's just not this time. She's literally blown everyone's faves out of the water, pissed off all the chads and Karen's of the nfl, riled up republicans again and she's still gonna have her biggest sales week yet. I'd be fuming too if I put in all that energy for it to backfire. 

Edited by woohoo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

What hapenned is that she needs to take a fckn BREAK

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bielneira said:

The fact that is 31 songs left open space for pretty bad songs I'm afraid

I am curious as to what the "pretty bad songs"  you are referring to. 

it's some jobless fandoms (yeah it's Arianators, Beyhive, and Lil Monsters) who hate Taylor dominate and ended their flop fave.

i mean, you are so pathetic to sabotage someone new album, just because your fave can't compete with Taylor Swift. :gaycat5:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 9

20 hours ago, Rotunda said:

So Taylor stans have time to drag Joe and Kim and look for easter eggs to prove Taylor is a lesbian, but they don't have time to rate the album? 

:rip:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

She has a lot of haters. I do the same to Lady Gaga's albums

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 2

22 hours ago, Rotunda said:

So Taylor stans have time to drag Joe and Kim and look for easter eggs to prove Taylor is a lesbian, but they don't have time to rate the album? 

This has to be in the running for post of the year :ahh:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Dragonbeast said:

I am curious as to what the "pretty bad songs"  you are referring to. 

Fortnight
The Tortured Poets Department
I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)
I Can Do It With a Broken Heart
So High School
thanK you aIMee
I Look in People's Windows

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 4/22/2024 at 1:54 PM, Phaunzie said:

Explain.

Experimenting with your patience. As in, how many cringe lyrics can you listen to before you barf? Truly the Bill Nye of music :alexz:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

All this and this is her most album release 

Tells me a lot

• Confused 2

as it's been stated before, the album is f boring

• Like 2

the tortured haters deparment

• Haha 2

honesty this album is receiving similar reception to reputation but with more sales bc of her increased starpower since the Eras Tour. a lot of anger, a lot of playing with artifice in an appearance to mask her simpler messages of anger, a lot of songs in similar keys and tempos. musically they're different genres but they suffer from similar downfalls. nobody outside of swifties wants to hear her angry and vitriolic because her voice and stature barely fit that image at all, and when it does its usually from a teen-pop perspective (better than revenge, etc). 

reputation is miles ahead to me because max martin knows how to produce massive pop songs. if you wanna be THAT angry you need the production and melodies to back it up or else people will just see you either as a sore loser or somebody with a massive victim complex that hasn't gone away for almost 20 years :devil:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Objectively, the album features tired production and weak melodies. It's sad that people are having their lives threatened for simply telling the truth.

• Like 1

The album is boring. Case closed.

Kitchen Baking GIF by Ariana Grande

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 4/20/2024 at 4:04 AM, Klein said:

Because of jobless users being pressed all day 

Klein

Hmm?

Digitalism

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

The hostility to the GP... my God. 

Maybe a lot of people felt underwhelmed with this album. 

On 4/22/2024 at 1:56 PM, MusicLoverDude said:

It doesn't have very obvious pop hooks on it and the production isn't very typical of her other albums either. The Anthology is kind of more organic though but again, it's not as pop either.

That's the problem though. It doesn't have strong hooks OR any type of experimentation either. 

On 4/19/2024 at 1:04 PM, Cruel Summer said:

Fans are busy enjoying the music while people who are simply angry that someone they don't like is having a big moment are not.

I mean that's not even close to being true, obviously than her fans are horrible if they are "too busy". Some fans can't accept it's not up to par with her other albums. Try pulling your head out her azz, that might help. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Taylor is more loved than ever. This mixed reception is a sign that the music is simply NOT GOOD. 

There are less OTHs than ever, Swifties have to come up with a better narrative to cover up this complete debacle of what was anticipated (and hyped) as THEE music event of the year. Their excuses so far have been shameless straw-clutching and number-crunching numbness. :coffee2:

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.