Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY'

Almodusa

So Long, London is already wrecking me. She's loved London for so long. I fear for my mental health on April 19th. :jonny:

• Replies 46.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Since she hates London now, I fear for my surprise songs when I see her this summer:rip: she’s gonna serve us ME! (Piano Version) and ME! (Acoustic Version):gaycat7:

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

"april 19 :heart2:"
She revealed her craziest tracklist and didn't even said a thing. SHE'S MAD. 
I think she had some Midnights Mayhem-type thing to reveal the tracklist, but now we're probably gonna spend 2 month in drought, 'cause she won't release any singles before the album comes out.

Honestly it's for the best lol April 19th isn't really that far away anyway. 

24 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

I imagine we might get limited pressings (25-30k) of special edition vinyl, especially since this is coming out on Record Store Day, but I do think we'll get a wider release of CDs with several covers (and probably a unique deluxe track for each). I thought it was weird that the deluxe track wasn't a Target exclusive like most of her deluxe tracks have been (folkmore excluded), but given the branding of "the manuscript", I'm feeling quite certain that there will be other versions with other deluxe tracks. 

If there’s any limited variant, it would be limited to 250-400k considering how much the 1989 variants sold

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cruelcooper said:

Since she hates London now, I fear for my surprise songs when I see her this summer:rip: she’s gonna serve us ME! (Piano Version) and ME! (Acoustic Version):gaycat7:

She’s replacing Cruel Summer with ME! and the acoustics will be Macavity and Only the Young.

I realllly hope she doesn’t do variants with this album :giraffe: cuz 1) the OG cover is perfect already. 2) she doesn’t need to to get that 1m+ first week and 3) my wallet hurts, girlie:rip:

The tracklist really made me even more excited IM SO HYPED WTF

Also both Posty and FLORENCE are two of my favorites and I've been begging for a Florence and Taylor collab for the longest time. :jonny5:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruelcooper said:

I realllly hope she doesn’t do variants with this album :giraffe: cuz 1) the OG cover is perfect already. 2) she doesn’t need to to get that 1m+ first week and 3) my wallet hurts, girlie:rip:

She ABSOLUTELY needs to get that 1M+ debut if she doesn't want annoying mfs on twitter claim that she's overexposed and that she's well past her prime. I would even say she needs to get that 2M+ debut.

2 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

She’s replacing Cruel Summer with ME! and the acoustics will be Macavity and Only the Young.

Her version of Macavity is actually a bit of a serve so I guess I win after all :gaycat4:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MidnightsAtPeace said:

She ABSOLUTELY needs to get that 1M+ debut if she doesn't want annoying mfs on twitter claim that she's overexposed and that she's well past her prime. I would even say she needs to get that 2M+ debut.

If she plays her cards right, she could absolutely do 2m+ first week with one version:clap3:

• Like 1

I kinda want her to experiment with new collaborators. Jack can produce 2-3 songs but should not be responsible for the whole album. Please don't collaborate with Joel Little. He's responsible for some of the worst songs of her discogs

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruelcooper said:

If she plays her cards right, she could absolutely do 2m+ first week with one version:clap3:

Imagine the gag when Taylor debuts with over 1.5M+ pure sales with only one version while Ariana struggles to crack 200K with 7 different versions and variations. :deadbanana2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I thought we were getting a different sexier side of Tay.

These titles remind me of Lover :deadvision:

Edited by NEUTRON

1 minute ago, MidnightsAtPeace said:

Imagine the gag when Taylor debuts with over 1.5M+ pure sales with only one version while Ariana struggles to crack 200K with 7 different versions and variations. :deadbanana2:

I can’t wait:mandown: time, the ultimate truth teller!

So the leaker just leaked the rep tv release date and is now selling lyric sheets from the rep sessions. 

If they don’t figure out who is doing this, I fear this album might leak (or rep tv’s cover and tracklist)

2 minutes ago, YR. said:

So the leaker just leaked the rep tv release date and is now selling lyric sheets from the rep sessions. 

If they don’t figure out who is doing this, I fear this album might leak (or rep tv’s cover and tracklist)

Are we sure that the leaker isn’t Joe? Lmao :ahh:

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Klein said:

It would be surprising if we didn't get some variants, but for now we know nothing else. 

But if there's indeed 1,000,000 copies of the original vinyl pressed just for the 1st week in the US, I doubt there's many variants. 

There are definitely multiple variants

Post + Taylor would be a collapse, I'm so excited! :duca: 

The titles are so weird but I love them. Why do I feel like the music will be The 1975-ish :eli: 

50 minutes ago, dzwiekolubny said:

Are we getting mutiple covers or not this time? How do you think?

I would be pretty shocked if we didn’t get the usual 4 variants, honestly.

Also, I have a hunch that there will indeed be other bonus tracks unique to each variant. It’s a bit odd how much they highlighted The Manuscript, or even just the fact that they revealed the title at all. Makes me think the other variants will have different bonus tracks and each variant will be themed after that track, just like how The Manuscript is so present on the main cover thus far.

The other reason I am predicting this, is that the TikToker who leaked the tracklist had every song right except track 17. Sure, it’s possible they just somehow messed that one up since The Bolter and The Manuscript both start with The, but there are already four song titles that start off that way, most likely an overarching theme due to the album title. So… yet another ‘The’ track is definitely not impossible.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JasonGosling said:

I kinda want her to experiment with new collaborators. Jack can produce 2-3 songs but should not be responsible for the whole album. Please don't collaborate with Joel Little. He's responsible for some of the worst songs of her discogs

Honestly, let's just stop blaming her producers for her awful decisions. Joel was obviously very uncomfortable when she was singing Me and the Ogre to him thinking that she did something :khalyan:

• Haha 2

I kinda want Dave Bayley production on some of this, maybe a possibility since he worked with Florence on Dance Fever?

• Like 2

I'm listening to Post's Austin album, and the rock songs are exactly the direction I want her to go in, plus the Florance collab is also giving me hope 

Spoiler

The only thing I'm worried about is the track lengths :ryan3:

• Haha 1

Just finished listening to Post Malone's Austin from last year. Gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised by what I heard. Something in the vein of Joy for the Taylor collab would be amazing imo 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.