Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY'

Almodusa

51 minutes ago, cruelcooper said:

Since she hates London now, I fear for my surprise songs when I see her this summer:rip: she’s gonna serve us ME! (Piano Version) and ME! (Acoustic Version):gaycat7:

THIS

my mom and i are making a years-in-the-process trip to london and we're seeing the show, and watch us end up with macavity and christmas must be something more 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 48.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

21 minutes ago, Fama said:

I agree with this take.

please no more TIWWCHNT/IFTYEs, I wouldn't be able to defend her anymore :rip:

do you guys think this album will have its own section on the tour and if yes, what is taken out? 

The midnights thread was surprisingly a pretty good indicator of the opening week numbers with 1 page = 1,000 units.  Will this thread get to 2,000 pages before April? 

2 minutes ago, sbenci said:

do you guys think this album will have its own section on the tour and if yes, what is taken out? 

She is a workaholic…she is just going to add 30 minutes to the tour to make it 4 hours.

(or maybe the tour film was an indication of what she is cutting out to make time for the new material) 

She can take out  archer/ tis the damn season/ Betty/ tglad and mastermind

She won’t touch the singles 

• ATRL Moderator
29 minutes ago, Fama said:

I agree with this take.

I feel like we’re always thinking her next album will be more rock and then it’s not at all. Watch it be synthpop 

what is the tiktok handle that leaked?

best,

6 minutes ago, sbenci said:

I don't think so. At best some surprise songs during the acoustic set. 

• Like 1

I think she’s playing with the concept of “tortured artist” and will be dragging some people who act like.

I think a good number of the track names are sarcastic.

• Like 1

also. will there be a lead single?

i know midnights popped off without one, but it also caused anti-hero to block other hits. thoughts?

best, 

5 minutes ago, meredithbenson said:

what is the tiktok handle that leaked?

best,

krayziefemale

That TikTok user needs consequences. The tracklist, okay, but now the rep date and selling things?? Tayvoodoo, I chose you!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, meredithbenson said:

also. will there be a lead single?

i know midnights popped off without one, but it also caused anti-hero to block other hits. thoughts?

best, 

I don't think so. Not knowing the sound of her albums is one of the biggest driver of interest for Taylor. She probably won't be ruining that, unless she has something absolutely incredible to release as a first single. Something that would be of the highest quality, but also a guaranteed monster monster smash hit. 

Personally, I don't know if I want one. Of course I'm dying to know more about the album, but lead singles always have this weird effect on me where I then have a problem to consider the lead to truly be part of the album in a way. Like it makes the first experience of the album weird, and I almost want to skip it. It takes time to then be fully part of the album in my mind. At first, it will feel like an add-on. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, sbenci said:

yes, she can cut ttds, the archer, mastermind, betty, tlgad, and wildest dreams out

54 minutes ago, YR. said:

So the leaker just leaked the rep tv release date and is now selling lyric sheets from the rep sessions. 

If they don’t figure out who is doing this, I fear this album might leak (or rep tv’s cover and tracklist)

Um spill

Edited by Shoful

42 minutes ago, Fama said:

我同意這個看法。

Not IFTYE or TIWWCHNT!

• Haha 1

Just now, Klein said:

I don't think so. Not knowing the sound of her albums is one of the biggest driver of interest for Taylor. She probably won't be ruining that, unless she has something absolutely incredible to release as a first single. Something that would be of the highest quality, but also a guaranteed monster monster smash hit. 

Personally, I don't know if I want one. Of course I'm dying to know more about the album, but lead singles always have this weird effect on me where I then have a problem to consider the lead to truly be part of the album in a way. Like it makes the first experience of the album weird, and I almost want to skip it. It takes time to then be fully part of the album in my mind. At first, it will feel like an add-on. 

Lead singles absolutely demolish any hype there might be for an album. Adele did that with Easy On Me, Ariana did that with yes, and.

And no matter how great of a song a lead single can be, there are still people who would find it not good enough or something that is not necessarily up their alley.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MidnightsAtPeace said:

Lead singles absolutely demolish any hype there might be for an album. Adele did that with Easy On Me, Ariana did that with yes, and.

And no matter how great of a song a lead single can be, there are still people who would find it not good enough or something that is not necessarily up their alley.

That's why I said she shouldn't do it unless it's the ultimate song of her career. And even then, all it would do is make the album seems weak next to it cause she cannot do 16 ultimate songs of her career on just one album. So I completely agree with you. 

These song titles are… something. She wants to be Lana Del Rey so bad it’s actually hilarious. Wonder which Lana songs she’s gonna blatantly rip off for this album.

• Thumbs Down 2

10 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Um spill

sep 13 supposedly, 15 years after the vmas incident. honestly believable

best,

• Thanks 1

I don’t think the leaker really understands that what they’re doing is dumb and is just going to drive her to be even more restricted and secretive with her process in the future. :doc:

• Like 6

1 minute ago, meredithbenson said:

sep 13 supposedly, 15 years after the vmas incident. honestly believable

best,

Wow that makes so much sense. It’s crazy how far out she plans releases

4 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I don’t think the leaker really understands that what they’re doing is dumb and is just going to drive her to be even more restricted and secretive with her process in the future. :doc:

And honestly, it kills it for me too. If Rep TV is indeed coming Sep 13th, it's just all the excitement of wondering what and when her next move is gonna be going out the window. 

Like, I'm ok with the tracklist leaking. I can live with missing out on another Midnights Mayhem With Me. But a whole new album announcement 8 months in advance before the prior one is even released? Go **** yourself. 

Edited by Klein
  • Like 8

It really baffles me how people continue to trash Jack Antonoff when he made this absolute MASTERPIECE.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.