Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY'

Almodusa

"The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived" is giving "King Of Everything" by Madison Beer

• Replies 48.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Just now, Klein said:

But it's still available in France for another 30 hours. So for it to be removed of the US store means the initial stock is completely sold out. I have no doubt they'll make more though. 

I believe it sold out immediately :rip:

I buy it from Universal Spain and they keep restocking it and it sells out in 20 mins. I fear we will hit a new 1st week peak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Maroon legacy said:

"The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived" is giving "King Of Everything" by Madison Beer

wAIT :jonny5:

57 minutes ago, TayDuaStan said:

Take out The Archer? No way. It’s my 2nd favorite Taylor song & it better be on the setlist when i’m going to see her in July. Or else i’ll riot cuz wtf. It was already awful that it wasn’t featured on the theatrical version of the Eras Tour film, I can’t live without hearing it live :biblio:

She should take out most of the Evermore filler (cough cough tis the damn season, marjorie, champagne problems  & tolerate it). Those songs won’t be missed :mandown:

react_confused.png

• Haha 9
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Klein said:

Seriously though, I wonder how they could know the release date. I mean, would even her label know about it so far in advance? 

I would understand if it was leaking the tracklist or cover or whatever because of vinyl production etc., but the release date? 

Someone on her team talked. Either that, or Lana put it in her Google Calendar :deadbanana4:

12 minutes ago, Klein said:

But there were 6/7 songs on each side, while this one has only four. :coffee:

lets pray the average length is over 4 minutes :clack:

the countdown on her website ends in 1 day and 5 hours. Do we think another cover is coming?

:ryan3:

The Track 5 journey from "Delicate" -> "So Long, London" will be brutal

Also "King of My Heart" -> "The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived" is a bit of a kii

I was just thinking about the rollercoaster of her dropping Rep TV (her first love album to Joe) after the album reflecting on their break up and/or lashing him

:clack:

• Like 2

The cassette is already sold out in the Austrian store. :shutup:

3 minutes ago, greeneyedsoul said:

The cassette is already sold out in the Austrian store. :shutup:

Miss Österreichana strikes again :ryan3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Miss Österreichana strikes again :ryan3:

Good for her for securing a #1 debut pretty much everywhere but I wanted the cassette (even with the €20 shipping).

:clack:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wastedpotential said:

The TaySnipers are already en route to the leaker's house, and they will be dealt with appropriately :ryan3:

I will close my eyes and happily look the other way :clap3:

• Haha 2

Cara Bow is going to end me I just know it 

spacer.png

I also saw a theory that there are a lot of references to classic Hollywood movies Like Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf :jonnycat:

• Like 2

Honestly I think trying to extrapolate the songs quality or soundscape from the titles with Taylor is foolish as there have been multiple times where track titles have been "red herrings". Illicit Affairs, The Last Great American Dynasty, Hoax all had me side-eyeing in fear of Taylor trying to make songs about macro-level problems or being Wattpad-esque whilst actually being good to great. Or Sl!T being a soft ballad, so I would not try to guess the quality or sound of the songs just from the titles. The only guess I would try to make is that maybe But Daddy I Can Fix Him is something like I Bet You Think About Me, a tongue in cheek country song.

46 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Don't forget it's 5 more tracks than the standard Midnights sister

Oh. Oops

It’s hard to remember how many tracks Midnights started with due to all the quick lil editions. 

when this is her unexpected alt rock magnum opus then what? :jonny: she’ll get the straight doubters on her side too :jonny: 

3 hours ago, sbenci said:

do you guys think this album will have its own section on the tour and if yes, what is taken out? 

I hope she takes out the archer, WANEGBT, WD and mastermind. 

The album being a double LP just tells us that the album is longer than 44 minutes and shorter than 1h28 minutes as a singular side can hold about 22 minutes. I assume the album is about an hour+, something similar to Lover, Folklore, Evermore.

I assume Midnights standard was whittled down to 13 tracks as that barely fit onto a 1LP, making production costs lower and making vinyl production cheaper and the extra tracks were released as the 3AM edition. As this wasn't done for this album, I assume that even when whittling it down to 13 tracks, it did not fit into the 44 minute time window. Folklore was also 2LP and I think that during release Taylor mentioned that "the 1" and "hoax" were written very last minute, so called prologue and epilogue and "the lakes" was always a deluxe track. Without them Folklore would have been about 56-57 minutes long and removing an additional track to get it to 13 would still have made the album too long for a singular LP so it was easy to add them as the cost was gonna still be for a 2LP. I would not be surprised if Taylor's though process was similar for this album so we are probably not gonna get too many short tracks.

Now watch this analysis be wrong as Taylor posts the tiktokified, 2:30 track lengths. 

Edited by Joesuda
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

The album being a double LP just tells us that the album is longer than 44 minutes and shorter than 1h28 minutes as a singular side can hold about 22 minutes. I assume the album is about an hour+, something similar to Lover, Folklore, Evermore.

I assume Midnights standard was whittled down to 13 tracks as that barely fit onto a 1LP, making production costs lower and making vinyl production cheaper and the extra tracks were released as the 3AM edition. As this wasn't done for this album, I assume that even when whittling it down to 13 tracks, it did not fit into the 44 minute time window. Folklore was also 2LP and I think that during release Taylor mentioned that "the 1" and "hoax" were written very last minute, so called prologue and epilogue and "the lakes" was always a deluxe track. Without them Folklore would have been about 56-57 minutes long and removing an additional track to get it to 13 would still have made the album too long for a singular LP so it was easy to add them as the cost was gonna still be for a 2LP. I would not be surprised if Taylor's though process was similar for this album so we are probably not gonna get too many short tracks.

Now watch this analysis be wrong as Taylor posts the tiktokified, 2:30 track lengths. 

Almost all of her short tracks are on the pop albums. This album doesn't look pop to me. :bird:

• Like 1

the mystery of "The Bolter" is gonna haunt me forever

8 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

Almost all of her short tracks are on the pop albums. This album doesn't look pop to me. :bird:

To be honest, the imagery that we have seen so far is very leaning this modern alternative, maybe soft-rock or even RnB sphere, but after the Midnights photoshoot red herring I really do not trust Taylor's style sense enough to just make genre predictions on the few photos we have. I assume that it will be similar to Red, Folklore, Evermore that it will house songs from different genres and the average track length is about 4 minutes, but definite genre predictions for songs seems kinda hard.

The only two predictions I'm willing to make is "But Daddy I Love Him" is a tongue in cheek country song, something akin to "I Bet You Think About Me" and that "So Long, London" is a sad goodbye, something akin to "Sad Beautiful Tragic" or "Tolerate It". 

ok the most likely eras tour songs to go, if she wants to add another set, are imo:

1. marjorie

2. long live (it wasn't in the original setlist or movie)

3. betty

she's not cutting singles, songs with elaborate props like "the man," or songs with elaborate choreography/costumes like "the last great american dynasty."

i think it's also unlikely she'll cut any transition songs like "the archer" unless the new set directly follows/precedes.

but overall i think she's just not gonna add another era and will perform these as surprise songs. maybe she'll drop one song like "marjorie" and then do 2 surprise songs + 1 TTPD surprise song in the acoustic set?

• Like 1

…Now broken pieces everywhere

I’m drowning in a sea of despair

In the tortured poets department, yeah

Every line that I write, is stained with tears

Every rhyme echoes the pain that I feel, so clear

I pour my heart out, but you’re never here

In the tortured poets department

Sounds like a banger

Edited by delugeional

2 minutes ago, delugeional said:

*…Now broken pieces everywhere* 

*I’m drowning in a sea of despair*

*In the tortured poets department, yeah*

​

*Every line that I write, is stained with tears* 

*Every rhyme echoes the pain that I feel, so clear*

*I pour my heart out, but you’re never here* 

*In the tortured poets department*

​

What

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.