Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY'

Almodusa

seeing as she said she started making the album right after Midnights i wonder what kind of album we would have gotten if the Matty fling didn't happen 

• Like 1

• Replies 49.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Posted (edited)

Not the tour making High school enjoyable to me 

spacer.png

Edited by vale9001
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

Even though I criticized Jack a lot in the past, he basically saved this album. Anything slightly interesting was produced by him, except a couple of tracks where you can see Aaron was inspired a little bit. 

Careful, the Aaron stans are gonna be mad at you for this blasphemy :ryan3:

You're 100% right though, Jack did some amazing production work on this album but of course some people won't ever give him credit as always.

• Like 3

Enough time has passed: Who's Afraid Of Little Old Me IS a career defining, once in a generation, mesmerizing, effervescent, grandiose, Pulitzer-deserving MAGNUM OPUS :jonny3: :jonny3: :jonny3:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Enrique523 said:

Jack did some amazing production work on this album but of course some people won't ever give him credit as always

Is the amazing production in the room with us? Most of his production drag the songs down instead of elevating them. What kind of production standards do we have here? Cowboy Carter is what I would call amazing productions, ones that elevate the music and take you on a wild journey from start to finish - bold, expansive, rich, innovative, artistic. TTPD productions are a stagnant sludge of safe and reused sounds that take you nowhere. She needs to fire them both asap. They are stifling her at the most creative and pivotal point in her career. This album could have been so much more with a more fitting sound. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 14

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NEX said:

Is the amazing production in the room with us? Most of his production drag the songs down instead of elevating them. What kind of production standards do we have here? Cowboy Carter is what I would call amazing productions, ones that elevate the music and take you on a wild journey from start to finish - bold, expansive, rich, innovative, artistic. TTPD productions are a stagnant sludge of safe and reused sounds that take you nowhere. She needs to fire them both asap. They are stifling her at the most creative and pivotal point in her career. This album could have been so much more with a more fitting sound. 

YIKES. No offence but there's just no reasoning with "logic" like that. And PLEASE Beyonce doesn't even write anything, i'm not gonna give her any credit for anything. "Innovative" :rip:

Jack haters are truly something i swear :biblio:

Edited by Enrique523
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, NEX said:

Is the amazing production in the room with us? Most of his production drag the songs down instead of elevating them. What kind of production standards do we have here?

Say it louder :clap3:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

Some great things about the new Eras:

- I completely love WAOLOM now. I didn't like it until the performance and live arrangement sold me on it. great song and very camp

- I love that So High School is on the setlist so much. Can TikTok be useful for once and make this an undeniable smash that she can't ignore? I have never wanted a single from her so bad like this :jonnycat:

- But Daddy I Love Him just keeps getting better and better

- She left out the dreadful My Boy out of the setlist THANK GOD

The awful:

- Guilty as sin not being performed when it's so clearly a standout track. Girl can't choose a single for her dear life 

• Like 3

Like So High School is the next cruel summer and I'm very serious about it

1 hour ago, YR. said:

- Guilty as sin not being performed when it's so clearly a standout track. Girl can't choose a single for her dear life 

GAS is a fan favorite for some reason but it won't do well as a single. Many other album tracks are already doing way better.

Fortnight RISING. ATRL and a good chunk of swifties wrong again, why?

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Life Savers said:

Fortnight RISING. ATRL and a good chunk of swifties wrong again, why?

They're always wrong tho cut them slack :coffee:

To the fortnight/ttpd haters, I'm glad y'all are seething that this is doing just as well as midnights with a less commercial album :bird:

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

I Look In Grammy Voters' windows is the Ivy of TTPD

:clack:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently obsessed with So High School.

Yes girl promote THE classic sex/comedy American Pie. :falcon:

• Haha 1

Am I the only one mishearing these lyrics in the bridge of WAOLOM?

I keep hearing "You wouldn't last an hour in me:deadbanana4: 

but it's actually "you wouldn't last an hour in the asylum." :toofunny2:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Fortnight - 4/5

The Tortured Poet's Department - 4/5

My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys - 3.5/5 there is something about this song that makes me turn the album off when i get to it though. YAWN.

Down Bad - 4/5

So Long, London - 3/5

But Daddy, I Love Him - 3/5

Fresh Out The Slammer - 3/5

Florida! - 2.5/5

Guilty As Sin? - 3.5/5

Who's Afraid Of Little Old Me - 3.25/5

I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can) - 2.5/5

Loml - 3/5

I Can Do It With A Broken Heart - 4.5/5

The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived - 2/5

The Alchemy - 4.25/5

Clara Bow - 3.5/5

Edited by selena_lavigne

Atp, TTPD album is going more than 5 weeks at number one in Billboard 200.

Posted (edited)

If we are talking about the standard edition of the album AND ONLY THAT VERSION, TS11 gets a 3.5/5 from me. 

AND A VERY GENEROUS 3.5/5.

These scores are extremely generous.

Edited by selena_lavigne

Posted (edited)

Like, i love this album, technically. 

I like this album better when i'm not playing it than when i'm actually listening to it.

But for some reason i can barely sit through it nowadays.

She starts it out with Fortnight and it starts off right where we left off with Hits Different.

A great start.

It takes a slight pivot with Track 2 but i can tolerate the shift in direction.

But when we get to Track 3 i can't help but acknowledge this is not the album it could have been.

She could have told a really cool story here, like the one she told in Midnights but a different story.

But instead it all kinda gets muddled and incoherent at times.

I enjoy many of the themes.

I just feel they aren't tied together in a way where i can say THAT is an incredible album you should listen to.

It's not that. But i have learned to enjoy it for what it is.

Edited by selena_lavigne
  • Like 1

This album just gets better and better she really did put narcotics up in this bittchh :jonny6:

Also, I still can't believe queef was about ratty :hoetenks:

• Thumbs Down 1

13 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

Even though I criticized Jack a lot in the past, he basically saved this album. Anything slightly interesting was produced by him, except a couple of tracks where you can see Aaron was inspired a little bit. 

honestly the biggest problem is the flow of the tracklist itself. the first four songs are kinda the samey lo-fi midtempo synthpop that it becomes so immediately jarring to a casual listener. even i was fully bought into the "this is just 1989 vault/Midnights all over again" narrative.

but then we get so many more interesting songs production-wise afterwards like Florida!!!, FOTS, WAOLOM? afterwards. I believe moving some songs around and switching some for a couple interesting The Anthology tracks (The Black Dog, So High School, How Did It End?, I Look in People's Windows) would easily solve a lot of listening problems from the get go.

4 minutes ago, Prismee said:

honestly the biggest problem is the flow of the tracklist itself. the first four songs are kinda the samey lo-fi midtempo synthpop that it becomes so immediately jarring to a casual listener. even i was fully bought into the "this is just 1989 vault/Midnights all over again" narrative.

but then we get so many more interesting songs production-wise afterwards like Florida!!!, FOTS, WAOLOM? afterwards. I believe moving some songs around and switching some for a couple interesting The Anthology tracks (The Black Dog, So High School, How Did It End?, I Look in People's Windows) would easily solve a lot of listening problems from the get go.

MAYBE but i'm really loyal to the tracklisting. I always believe the tracklistings are done intentionally, so if the album at times doesn't flow well, i would instantly judge the quality of the album as a whole. I personally enjoy the tracklisting. I understand it. I get it. I am judging the album as a whole.

Is The Manuscript about All Too Well TV?

2 minutes ago, Saint James said:

Is The Manuscript about All Too Well TV?

At least partially, yeah. 

the tour has made me like the smallest man and omg she really dragged 🐀 :lmao:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.