Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

3 hours ago, DollyPardon said:

Is there a way to block this thread from appearing?

Don't worry you won't be around long enough to continue seeing it :heart:

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

• Replies 49.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

23 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

Don't worry you won't be around long enough to continue seeing it :heart:

Fr, aren't they in the Camilla thread where they're pretending to be an "insider" but they were dragged ?:deadbanana:

3 hours ago, Goaty said:

And speaking of Horny as Sin - this morning it came on shuffle in the car with the windows down and the sun shining, and I felt my chakras open :jonny5:

And your hole? :bird:

• Haha 11

In 2ish days, Fresh Out the Slammer will be the only track out of the first 10 below 100 million streams on Spotify. :biblio: Like significantly behind, in the 70 million range. :biblio: I need the Swifties to get on board with the best song on the album

• Like 3

Another summer takin' cover, rolling thunder
He don't understand me
Splintered back in winter, silent dinners, bitter
He was with her in dreams

light as a feather stiff as a board gif | WiffleGif

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

In 2ish days, Fresh Out the Slammer will be the only track out of the first 10 below 100 million streams on Spotify. :biblio: Like significantly behind, in the 70 million range. :biblio: I need the Swifties to get on board with the best song on the album

YUH what's not clicking bc that song is the Midnight Rain of TTPD for me. The second chorus with the higher vocals leaves me breathless 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

Good luck booking that top 10 placement on the YEC for fortnight that you speak of 

:clack:

unless fortnight can spend 200+ points every week at hot 100 in the next 10 weeks with the eras tour boost until the final week of the 2024 billboard year end tracking week

Edited by Migs30283

I think fortnight will stay in top 5 in next week's hot 100 due to the 2nd batch of CD single being shipped

• Like 1

fortnight is number one in worldwide apple music song chart for 23 straight days.

https://kworb.net/apple_songs/

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

The lack of taste is astonishing, huh?

One of her best songs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyle-x said:

That song will only be appreciated one year after the album is released when it gets some viral moment on TikTok. I hate it here… 

• Like 1

I'm going to share a, potentially, unpopular opinion.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I do not like her vocals in So High School. Like, at all :deadbanana4: I really enjoy the song, the lyrics are cute and the melodies are fun. And I get the appeal. All around it's a good song, I can't deny that. But her vocal inflections on the "cheeks PINK in the TWINKling lights" part and the "I'm hearing voices.. like a Maaaaadmaaaaaaaan" aren't that easy on my ears :gaycat6: 

I gave it all this time to see if maybe I was just adjusting but no, her vocals there just haven't really grown on me at all. Not sure what it is but it's a very unusual style for her these days and I hope she does not utilize it again. 

Love the vocals in the "you know how to ball I know Aristotle" bridge part though, her lower register deliveredT :gaycat1:

• Like 2

after watching the whole set together, broken heart feels like an inevitable single. it's the closer, it has the biggest spotify increase, and she sings the song instead of just a snippet like down bad.

who's afraid would be an...interesting choice though. i'd love to see a solo written smash. but it's 5.5 minutes and feels abrasive in a way that alienated a portion of the audience during the rep era.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

I do not like her vocals in So High School. Like, at all :deadbanana4: I really enjoy the song, the lyrics are cute and the melodies are fun. And I get the appeal. All around it's a good song, I can't deny that. But her vocal inflections on the "cheeks PINK in the TWINKling lights" part and the "I'm hearing voices.. like a Maaaaadmaaaaaaaan" aren't that easy on my ears :gaycat6: 

I gave it all this time to see if maybe I was just adjusting but no, her vocals there just haven't really grown on me at all. Not sure what it is but it's a very unusual style for her these days and I hope she does not utilize it again. 

Love the vocals in the "you know how to ball I know Aristotle" bridge part though, her lower register deliveredT :gaycat1:

Speaking of So High School, I just came across this. This is pretty cool….

I'm watchin' American Pie with you on a Saturday night

Your friends are around, so be quiet

I'm tryin' to stifle my sighs

Cause I feel so high school every time I look at you...

fa35c912aad2292a4bf425f063c2e197.gif

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

after watching the whole set together, broken heart feels like an inevitable single. it's the closer, it has the biggest spotify increase, and she sings the song instead of just a snippet like down bad.

who's afraid would be an...interesting choice though. i'd love to see a solo written smash. but it's 5.5 minutes and feels abrasive in a way that alienated a portion of the audience during the rep era.

At the same day by day comparison Midnight Rain was still in the global top 10 and karma almost out of the top 30, but She still made the latter a single and the other not.

I'm serious when I Say at this phase of her career with re recordings, new albums at a fast rate, She doesn't care to have like 5 hits from an album (in some way It could be even a negative thing), i think She Cares about having at least one number one and then She can chose singles She thinks are the better show case for the album.

If have to be a single i can't do It sounds  good for when the tour closes. I feel She has made a down bad music videos already, while this One would get only a video tour. 

Posted (edited)

Did you guys know the full version of the Fortnight AI is coming out soon? They had to replace Taylor's vocals because Tree Paine got onto them lol. You can listen to the new previews on their TikTok @fortnightai

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLVGF5VN/

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLVGf5Wv/

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLVGMDTf/

Edited by Buffy

4 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

At the same day by day comparison Midnight Rain was still in the global top 10 and karma almost out of the top 30, but She still made the latter a single and the other not.

I'm serious when I Say at this phase of her career with re recordings, new albums at a fast rate, She doesn't care to have like 5 hits from an album (in some way It could be even a negative thing), i think She Cares about having at least one number one and then She can chose singles She thinks are the better show case for the album.

If have to be a single i can't do It sounds  good for when the tour closes. I feel She has made a down bad music videos already, while this One would get only a video tour. 

I said 3 different points.

Let's look at the other 2:

Set closer Karma, Karma was a single

Set closer Broken Heart, Broken Heart as a single perhaps

She gives Down Bad time to itself for 1 minute on the tour.

Karma 5 minutes

Broken Heart 5 minutes

I think she may spend more time doing setup for Broken Heart than actually singing Down Bad.

We have 31 songs and some of y'all are listening to cheap ass AI tracks? And pretending thier better?  :priceless:

• Thanks 6
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

That AI song is not good. Why is there demand for a full version?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hide contents

she felt so high school so she tried to imitate her vocals from mixtape too. thoughtful queen :clap3:

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.