• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SmittenCake

• Communion

• Minogue

• Jjang

Biden foreign policy has been doing wonders for the state of the world :clap3:

Why is this not being trested more seriously? Wouldnt this be a trigger for WW3? And yet nobody is talking about it.

• Thanks 2

Cameltoe Chariot
25 minutes ago, Sun said:

The amount of incels here is insane. Imagine rooting for a country to be attacked by Iran of all countries :rip: that's like supporting North Korea potentially launching missiles at the US. Antisemites not even hiding it anymore, huh?

This may be news to you, but on the international stage Israel is no longer able to hide behind "antisemitism" now that they are actively committing genocide.

Being a victim of trauma and violence does not excuse the perpetuation of trauma and violence. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Can't believe anyone would willingly pick sides in this entire mess. It's an endless cycle of revenge on revenge and has been for close to a century. All "sides" are guilty of countless crimes against humanity. 

"Defending yourself" will not win anyone lasting peace here, which should be the real goal.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Mezik said:

I mean, what did Israel expect to happen from committing mass genocide and terrorizing innocents?

I mean. I'm all for trashing the Israeli military but Iran's impending response is very much not because of the current war so this response is kinda weird. Especially since we are also talking about Iran. They aren't exactly angels over there either. 

• Like 6

I'm so tired of these countries threatening to bomb each other.

Do us all a favor and bomb yourself out of existence.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

Why is this not being trested more seriously? Wouldnt this be a trigger for WW3? And yet nobody is talking about it.

It wouldn't trigger anything. Israel attacked Iran first this time and Israel is not a NATO state that would trigger a war. 

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

A bully getting bodied by a bigger bully. As much as I would want the US to stay out of it you know we'd suddenly deploy troops there. Ugh. 

Not necessarily, you know that fighting jets can do the wonders, plus Iran right now not in good position to provoke US, since they provided a lot of ammunition to Russia. Anyway, when all that madness with continuous wars and murders will finally stop... it seems like Covid has hit their brains very hard :gaycat6:

Isn't this how actual world war starts?

One bullies a country, another bigger bully gets involved, then the more powerful countries start getting involved 

Idk, this would be catastrophic imo

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

"I'm not taking sides! Everyone involved is bad!" automatically translates to you being on Israel's side. 

It's quite easy to take sides when there's only one apartheid ethno-state committing genocide here. One that has no right to exist in the first place. 

What Liberal Zionists and even the "I just want peace" crowd refuse to get is that being pro-Palestine doesn't mean we're pro-Iran and support everything that country does/has done.

Sigh

And this is why I know you don't see peace as the end game. I hate Netanyahu and the Israeli government more than anyone. They should abandon the settlements and leave Palestinians alone. But when you say "Israel shouldn't exist", what's your realistic idea of the end game? Should 10 million Israelites leave the country? You realize that's ethnic cleansing as well, right? Peace should come before revenge or even justice, but I'm well aware most people will never see it that way.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, ForgottenSoul said:

Maybe Iran shouldn't fund groups that attack israel? 

Should Israel bomb itself too for funding Hamas? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Arrows said:

Sigh

And this is why I know you don't see peace as the end game. I hate Netanyahu and the Israeli government more than anyone. They should abandon the settlements and leave Palestinians alone. But when you say "Israel shouldn't exist", what's your realistic idea of the end game? Should 10 million Israelites leave the country? You realize that's ethnic cleansing as well, right? Peace should come before revenge or even justice, but I'm well aware most people will never see it that way.

These ATRLers will write paragraphs about ending genocide and in the same breath advocate for the total annihilation of Israelites. :coffee2:
it's hypocritical and performative. Like… maybe let's try to end genocide without committing another genocide?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 7

15 minutes ago, Arrows said:

Sigh

Girl… no one is asking for the 8 million Jews living in Israel to just magically go away. We are calling for a single one-state where Arabs and Jews all have equal civil rights.

The two state solution is a myth.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, beautiful player said:

These ATRLers will write paragraphs about ending genocide and in the same breath advocate for the total annihilation of Israelites. :coffee2:
it's hypocritical and performative. Like… maybe let's try to end genocide without committing another genocide?

were the UK and France wrong to declare war on Nazi Germany? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arrows said:

Sigh

The problem is not Netanyahu and the "Israeli government". You could have a leftist government and they still would be committing the same crimes.

Should 10 million Israelites leave the country? You realize that's ethnic cleansing as well, right?

You realize that's what Palestinians have been actually experiencing for decades, right?

I love how you all scream "but where will the jews go????" as if anyone said they should be expelled. Also asking for settlers to leave a land that isn't theirs is not ethnic cleansing. We're calling for a fully decolonized Palestine aka one secular, democratic, and multi-ethnic state where Christians/Jews/Muslims live together like they did for centuries before. One form of citizenship with equal rights for all. Reparations for Palestinians. And obviously the right of return for the Palestinian diaspora who are still not allowed to visit their land. Israelis who don't like it can leave and go back to Europe/America/anywhere else. Many Israeli settlers already have dual passports/citizenship.

You can't both sides this and ask for peace without asking for the state of Israel to be dissolved.

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 8

Apparently Israel is supposed to get away with killing 33K Palestinians and bombing a whole embassy with zero repercussions. Absolute craziness!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jjang said:

I love how you're prioritizing an imagined scenario for Israeli Jews over Palestinians' 80 year old reality

Like… the imagined scenario you fantasized is quite literally Palestinians' reality. It's already a one state. There are no two states here. One state. The only question is - should apartheid be the ruling regime or real democracy? That's the only relevant calculation here. 

Palestinians always have and have it now by far the worst. Happy?

Obviously Palestinians should be treated fairly, as I expressed previously, but I sadly can't see either a two-state solution or a functioning country of Israelis and Palestinians working out. Too much hatred from both sides now. I really don't know what a peaceful solution could look like.

4 minutes ago, Invincibles said:

Girl… no one is asking for the 8 million Jews living in Israel to just magically go away. We are calling for a single one-state where Arabs and Jews all have equal civil rights.

Thanks. I think both scenarios are equally unrealistic, sadly. Millions just wouldn't be able to peacefully live alongside the other, but I'd love to be wrong.

• Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, Arrows said:

Palestinians always have and have it now by far the worst. Happy?

Obviously Palestinians should be treated fairly, as I expressed previously, but I sadly can't see either a two-state solution or a functioning country of Israelis and Palestinians working out. Too much hatred from both sides now. I really don't know what a peaceful solution could look like.

Thanks. I think both scenarios are equally unrealistic, sadly. Millions just wouldn't be able to peacefully live alongside the other, but I'd love to be wrong.

You say obviously Palestinians should be treated fairly but then say there's no solution when the solution is literally giving Palestinians fair treatment. I'm not attacking you, I'm just trying to make you look at things differently. 

There are already 2 million Palestinians living inside 48' borders and despite conflicts and daily discrimination they don't go around "terrorizing" Israeli Jews because they're not living under a direct military occupation that's stripping them away from their civil rights. If "hatred" was truly the core issue then 48' Palestinians and Jews would have already massacred each others to the bones by now (48' Palestinians received their citizenships / civil rights in 1968) so it's fair to say that a military apartheid regime is the core issue and not some "these guys don't know how to get along" issue. We're not little kids. 

Like… you really can't equate someone hating someone for existing vs someone hating someone for restricting their freedom by force. 

Edited by Jjang
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Sun said:

The amount of incels here is insane. Imagine rooting for a country to be attacked by Iran of all countries :rip: that's like supporting North Korea potentially launching missiles at the US. Antisemites not even hiding it anymore, huh?

The amount of incorrectly used buzzwords in this word-salad comment :rip:

• Like 10
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

39 minutes ago, Invincibles said:

A one state solution where citizens of each side have openly supported the murder of citizens of the other side? 

Make it make sense.

There is no logical reason a two-state solution can't be achieved.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

58 minutes ago, Arrows said:

Including Israel, which is why these kumbaya statements never work.

And, once again, Israel not existing does not mean Israeli citizens leave the area. They would live in Palestine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.