These past few months has really sobered me on any sort of leftism.

Kimbra

So Interesting.. Let's negotiate away mass death because my feelings are hurt. First world over privilege. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• GraceRandolph

• Harrier

• Kassi

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Carla Rosón said:

@Communion I'm out of the loop with most of US and EU politics but just out of genuine curiosity, do you suggest having Trump on a 2nd term would be less bad than more Biden?

I think Trump is a horrific fascist who poses extreme harm to the American people. That very reason is why I'm angry that Joe Biden seems set on trying to lose to him. 

It's hard to believe that elite Democrats actually hate Trump and recognize the harm he possesses when purposefully attacking their own voters months before an election. But this thread shows several examples of liberal preferring fascists over leftists so it's apparently not unbelievable it's happening.

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Miss Show Business said:

The swiftness of the left of supporting BLM to telling Jewish scholars to "go back to their country" is shocking and appalling. Many have already said it better than me so I'll just leave it at that.

This framing doesn't work on 90% of the world anymore. You no longer even have young Americans buying your propaganda. Because most of the world understands Israel is a nation found on supremacist ideals. So signs that condemn Israelis as European settlers is not telling anyone to 'go back to their country'.

You'd have argued the end of apartheid was somehow anti-white, anti-Dutch racism with the same framework.

Most of the world understands Israel is an ethnostate - a nation built on the concept of Jewish supremacy.

Even Zionists know this and say so. Israel is not just a piece of land that is just called "Israel".  It can't just be a country.

Israel has to be a "Jewish homeland", it has to maintain a perpetual ethnic majority; Israel would no longer *be* Israel if it was no longer majority Jewish. 

Even the land outlined by the UN would have seen Israel become majority non-Jewish In 20-30 years time, which is why the settlements have continued to grow and push Palestinians out, while the nation itself went as far as planning terrorist attacks to 'convince' neighboring Jewish populations to migrate.

This is why liberals are unconvincing. They are the first to scream how astute they are to Islamic extremism yet seemingly can't grapple with the realities of a Jewish supremacist nation being an ally. Or their ally being a nation founded on theocratic ideals of Halakhic law (not as scary to say as Sharia law, I guess!).

Every liberal accusations is just a confession. Western leftists don't even call for some collective violence on Israel. Where has anyone argued America should blow up and bomb Israel, for instance? Our ideals are to just not be complicit in death by directly funding it yet some of Israel's defenders would be calling for drone strikes if it was a Muslim nation.

Edited by Communion
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 2

I'm sorry but changing your entire political beliefs because you don't like someone who also holds them or because they don't win elections is very childish and petty. It shows you don't judge ideas by their own merit but are more interested in being the "winning" club, which is pretty much the cultist behaviour you claim to disavow. 

I just don't see how you can sincerely be convicted in something and then switch solely on the grounds of not liking how it makes you look in front of other people. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.