Whatever happened to ATRL's support towards Britney?

Lana Banana

Those posts don't even get reported because us Britney stans are reaching the age of not giving a **** about ugly people's opinions. If we do is because we are bored and want blood for fun.

LqXrRqP.gif

• Haha 2

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WhateverYouWant

• The7thStranger

• My Tears Ricochet

• Josh

Britney's stans have always confused me on this matter. First, we can all agree that the nasty comments aren't necessary. That out of the way, Britney fans are torn between infantalizing her whenever she does something wrong or troubling ("Leave her alone! She's traumatized! She needs help!") and attacking other people who say the same thing ("She's fine! Saying she needs help is just a dogwhistle!").

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

Britney's stans have always confused me on this matter. First, we can all agree that the nasty comments aren't necessary. That out of the way, Britney fans are torn between infantalizing her whenever she does something wrong or troubling ("Leave her alone! She's traumatized! She needs help!") and attacking other people who say the same thing ("She's fine! Saying she needs help is just a dogwhistle!").

Have to disagree. Most Britney fans are just fine with her dealing with her trauma whatever way she needs. What else are we supposed to do? Yes, we should leave her alone.  

1 minute ago, WhateverYouWant said:

Have to disagree. Most Britney fans are just fine with her dealing with her trauma whatever way she needs. What else are we supposed to do? Yes, we should leave her alone.  

I can only speak from my own experiences, and I've been told by Britney fans to not say anything akin to "she needs help" because they link that to the conservatorshp.:michael: Help can come in any form as long as it works. I really just meant therapy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

I can only speak from my own experiences, and I've been told by Britney fans to not say anything akin to "she needs help" because they link that to the conservatorshp.:michael: Help can come in any form as long as it works. I really just meant therapy.

Saying "she needs help" is almost degrading at this point. That's been the narrative since 2006. She's been a slave to the industry for most of her life. Honestly, she begs for it so let's just let her be her. 

we all heard what's she's been though. Your a shitty person to keep on judging her for the aftermath. 

Edited by WhateverYouWant
  • Haha 1

Saying "she needs help" is almost degrading at this point. That's been the narrative since 2006. She's been a slave to the industry for most of her life. Honestly, she begs for it so let's just let her be her. 

I don't understand how having concern for somebody's well-being is degrading. Britney didn't get the help she needed then, and it's clear she needs it now. Maybe she's getting it, maybe she isn't. I'm not judging her. I'm concerned for her.

1 minute ago, The7thStranger said:

I don't understand how having concern for somebody's well-being is degrading. Britney didn't get the help she needed then, and it's clear she needs it now. Maybe she's getting it, maybe she isn't. I'm not judging her. I'm concerned for her.

She has said she sees a therapist. What more can we ask for? As a dancer, dancing IS therapy.  She's dealing with her ****. She's denounced her status. She doesn't want our opinion. 

• Like 1

She has said she sees a therapist. What more can we ask for? As a dancer, dancing IS therapy.  She's dealing with her ****. She's denounced her status. She doesn't want our opinion. 

That's good! I'm glad she's getting help. I hope it's helping.

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Kinda like how Justin is suddenly reuniting with NSYNC because his album is bombing? :dies:

For your information Justin has ALWAYS supported *NSYNC during the peak of his career. Just because you're living in your own fantasy doesn't mean it's reality. Even the new song (Paradise) was recorded BEFORE the album was released sale with the troll songs you think he rush released it immediately :deadbanana2:.. 

Britney Stan's live in your own world Make it make sense. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Facelessboy said:

For your information Justin has ALWAYS supported *NSYNC during the peak of his career. Just because you're living in your own fantasy doesn't mean it's reality. Even the new song (Paradise) was recorded BEFORE the album was released sale with the troll songs you think he rush released it immediately :deadbanana2:.. 

Britney Stan's live in your own world Make it make sense. 

Bullshit, Justin refeused to reunite with NSYNC prior to Trolls. 

• Thumbs Down 1

23 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

That's good! I'm glad she's getting help. I hope it's helping.

What's not helping is feeding this dated narrative.  

I think your kinda shooting yourself in the foot to come for Britney Spears. It's 2024. Most people get it. 

Side note. She basically took down JT if you read any review of his album. Britney is liked no matter what. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

It's only the flamebaiters and OBHs..

Like..look at the JT and Xtina stans who are liking and commenting in here :ahh:

Anyways, more than half of the "negative" comments are - "she needs help"..

which is okay, since those people don't even know that she is getting help, and that healing needs Time :bird:

• Thanks 1

During the #freeBritney days, the Xtuna stans had some decency to at least stay quiet but now that we're past that they're back full force. It's a screaming minority, a blend of their fave's favorite hobby and the amount of people who listen to her music.

torturedpoet

I mean personally I am very happy cship ended but I'm not going to pretend like she's fine. She's clearly spiraling so there is nothing to support about the situation. 

1 hour ago, WhateverYouWant said:

What's not helping is feeding this dated narrative.  

What dated narrative am I feeding? :skull:

22 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

What dated narrative am I feeding? :skull:

The narrative that she's unwell and needs help. She's dancing in her living room in her mansion and when she's not she's at a 5 star resort. If that's unwell I wish. 

She has said she is seeking help. She has said dancing is therapeutic. If anyone deserves some grace it's Britney. 

Just now, WhateverYouWant said:

The narrative that she's unwell and needs help. She's dancing in her living room and when she's not she's at a 5 star resort. If that's unwell I wish. 

Where did I mention her dancing in her living room?

4 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

Where did I mention her dancing in her living room?

Well that's basically her content. 

Well that's basically her content. 

I don't care if Britney Spears wants to dance around her living room. Britney has been through a traumatic experience where she has been treated like a trained seal for well over a decade. There is no way you can come out the other end of that and not need help processing all the abuse. I urge you look up the case of Brian Wilson, because a very similar thing happened to him, and he has always struggled with mental health issues. That's not something to be ashamed of, and talking openly about Britney's struggles is not degrading her. The contrary suggests that mental illness, neurodivergence, trauma, or anything not perceived as the "norm" are things that people should conceal and never discuss, and I simply do not agree with that.

The conversatorship was abusive, exploitative, and managed by people who did not have her at heart. And it's fantastic that it's been broken, but that does not mean that all is happy and hunky dory in Britneyland. It appears she still has a long way to go, and that's not a bad thing, not is it a bad thing to talk about. I'm rooting for her to get that inner peace she deserves.

Britney is a major public figure that many people looked up to, and the fact that she's not the perfect Barbie doll that the industry wanted her to be only makes her more endearing.

13 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

I don't care if Britney Spears wants to dance around her living room. Britney has been through a traumatic experience where she has been treated like a trained seal for well over a decade. There is no way you can come out the other end of that and not need help processing all the abuse. I urge you look up the case of Brian Wilson, because a very similar thing happened to him, and he has always struggled with mental health issues. That's not something to be ashamed of, and talking openly about Britney's struggles is not degrading her. The contrary suggests that mental illness, neurodivergence, trauma, or anything not perceived as the "norm" are things that people should conceal and never discuss, and I simply do not agree with that.

The conversatorship was abusive, exploitative, and managed by people who did not have her at heart. And it's fantastic that it's been broken, but that does not mean that all is happy and hunky dory in Britneyland. It appears she still has a long way to go, and that's not a bad thing, not is it a bad thing to talk about. I'm rooting for her to get that inner peace she deserves.

Britney is a major public figure that many people looked up to, and the fact that she's not the perfect Barbie doll that the industry wanted her to be only makes her more endearing.

She has said she is seeking help. She has also said she's retired. If I was always associated with mental illness after a 13 year long illegal conservatorship id feel pretty degraded. 

Just now, WhateverYouWant said:

She has said she she is seeking help. She has also said she's retired. If I was always associated with mental illness after a 13 year long illegal conservatorship id feel pretty degraded. 

I mean, if you think that mental illness is degrading, that's on you. I think it's commendable that she's even still alive. She's a very strong woman despite her troubles. I'm sorry you don't see it that way.

6 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

I mean, if you think that mental illness is degrading, that's on you. I think it's commendable that she's even still alive. She's a very strong woman despite her troubles. I'm sorry you don't see it that way.

I think having your metal heath broadcasted on a global scale while being in a 13 year long illegal conservatorship that's constantly being discussed would be pretty degrading. She can't do anything without someone calling it crazy. Lbr. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.