Where does *every* pop girl stand with you?

The7thStranger

53 minutes ago, punisher said:

oqwfZrp.jpeg

idgaf about top 3 i stan wayy too many people

also i know some people in the genuinely don't know field but i haven't listened to an album

genuinely do not know … janet, brandy, mary j blige, kelly rowland, donna summers, tinashe, TLC …

but cardi and lorde in the holy trinity?

i- :hoetenks:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The7thStranger

• punisher

• Achilles.

• Gladiator

its hard to say if i like someone if i know who they are but dont know their music

so heres my best guess

VKErkWY.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

genuinely do not know … janet, brandy, mary j blige, kelly rowland, donna summers, tinashe, TLC …

maybe they r joking or Gen Z :cm:

i put Sade under Like her even tho i genuinely only know 1 of her songs lol

Edited by Into The Void

Just now, Devin said:

ive heard of them but i never listened to them

ive been meaning to listen to the velevet rope but never got around to it, i tried to listen to SFY by tinashe but it was kinda boring, i like the song that summer renaissance samples, i also like waterfalls and no scrubs, but the rest....

anyways im young asf you cant expect me to know these people from the 90's:giraffe:

1 minute ago, Into The Void said:

maybe they r joking or Gen Z :cm:

im gen z lmao

Posted (edited)

The absolute beating NIcki is taking in these results. :clap3:

Edited by The7thStranger

1 hour ago, The7thStranger said:

I'm sick in bed with COVID and literally had nothing better to do than to compile this ultimate list of pop girls, beloved female musicians, and gay icons. Where do they all stand with you? How many do you already know? (Did I forget anybody?)

• The Holy Trinity: Your Top 3 of all time.
  • We Stan Her: Any girl you stan.
  • We Like Her: Any girl whose music you generally like (at least more than just a few singles).
  • We're Not a Fan: Any girl whose music you've heard enough of to know that you just don't like it.
  • Get Her Away From Me: Any girl whose music and presence makes your skin crawl.
  • Genuinely Don't Know Her: Any girl whose music you do not know outside of one song.

https://tiermaker.com/create/pop-girls---from-classic-era-to-now-16978390

:gaycat2: I look forward to seeing your ranks.

Holy Trinity: Beyoncé, Gaga, Adele 

Stan: Gaga

Like: Adele

Not a fan: Meghan Trainor 

Get her away from me: Rita Ora 

IDK her: Anne Marie 

• ATRL Moderator

tO0QjFu.png

Added a category of "Indifferent-ish" for artists that I check out and have a mostly positive thought about but I don't necessarily consider myself a fan.

If I didn't put the artist on the list, then I know who they are but have no feelings about them either way.

We love the inclusion of Annalisa especially since I just bought her latest release on vinyl this past weekend, the special edition with Sinceramente alongside classics like Euforia and Mon Amour. Album of the century :clap3: 

• Thanks 2

I have a hard time doing these things, especially with so many artists, it should be 20-25 maximum for me. Also there's a lot of them I just don't care about so I wouldn't put them in any of these tiers.

My issue is also with legends and artists from past decades, I don't listen to them nor know their discography but I respect them and their talent/impact so I wouldn't know where to put them :bibliahh: it's an issue of mine tho

• Like 1

The Holy Trinity: Madonna, Madonna, Madonna

We Stan Her: Dua, Ariana, Gaga, Carly, Miley, Selena, Foxes

We Like Her: Beyoncé, Olivia, Doja, Billie, Riri, Katy, Lana, Britney, Kim, Kesha, Sabrina, Bebe, SZA, Addison, Kali, Marina

We're Not a Fan: Ava, Tinashe, Camila, Lizzo

Get Her Away From Me: Demi, Sam Smith, Kelly Clarkson, Charlie Puth

Genuinely Don't Know Her: Tate, Anne-Marie

Love Some Of Her Songs But Can't Stand Her As A Person: Nicki Minaj, Troye (i've started to ease up on him), Harry Styles, Demi Lovato (2008-2011)

Edited by BANKS

27 minutes ago, punisher said:

ive heard of them but i never listened to them

ive been meaning to listen to the velevet rope but never got around to it, i tried to listen to SFY by tinashe but it was kinda boring, i like the song that summer renaissance samples, i also like waterfalls and no scrubs, but the rest....

anyways im young asf you cant expect me to know these people from the 90's:giraffe:

Same issue here, I'm gen z living in Europe, there's no way I could ever come across many of those artists in my life, I see their names on ATRL and people talking about their impact but I have no idea who they are or what they sang :deadbanana4: and honestly I don't take music and pop culture seriously enough to lock myself in a room and listen to new discographies.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, khalyan said:

We love the inclusion of Annalisa especially since I just bought her latest release on vinyl this past weekend, the special edition with Sinceramente alongside classics like Euforia and Mon Amour. Album of the century :clap3: 

TASTE. :clap3:

• Thanks 1

• The Holy Trinity: Mariah Carey, Rihanna, Doja Cat
  • We Stan Her: Tinashe, Adele, Billie Eilish, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Red Velvet, Kali Uchis, SZA, Ariana Grande, Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin, Britney Spears
  • We Like Her: Tate McRae, Shakira, Cardi B, Camila Cabello, Megan Thee Stallion, Blackpink, Laufey, Kelly Clarkson, Madonna, Celine Dion, Janet Jackson, Rosalia
  • We're Not a Fan: Phoebe Bridgers
  • Get Her Away From Me: Grimes
  • Genuinely Don't Know Her: Gracie Abrams
Edited by Lightbringer007

Your inclusion of Mylène gave me my perfect top 3 :clap3: the "we love her/we like her" categories are pretty much synonymous for me so no shade to anyone who landed in the latter. 

9K4R6O0.png

1 hour ago, The7thStranger said:

As I said before, I'm stuck in bed. :eatpopcorn::eatpopcorn::eatpopcorn:

so you are an easy target. :hippo:

included some notable ones

dOmd4SU.png

• Like 2

iDpNuiR.png

mlCmHY8.png

1 hour ago, khalyan said:

Added a category of "Indifferent-ish" for artists that I check out and have a mostly positive thought about but I don't necessarily consider myself a fan.

If I didn't put the artist on the list, then I know who they are but have no feelings about them either way.

If you are not a fan then they should be in the not a fan category. :cm:

hJhpLUe.png

Had to tweak the "trinity" category to a T10 for the full spectrum of my taste. Also changed the "I don't know her" category bc there are some oldies who I know of, but not necessarily their music (outside of 1-2 songs).

Holy Trinity: I know their discography by heart :heart:

We love her: I've delved into their deep cuts, listened to the albums and liked it

We like her: liked more than a couple of songs that I heard but have not gave actual attention to the rest. Will still look for them from time to time. A GP style fan ig

We're not a fan: basically all of the guilty pleasures goes here + those that I'm open to discover

Get her away from me: will skip :)

Genuinely don't know her: those that I either really never heard of + those that I only know very few classics and no more, and I'm less likely to discover

spacer.png

• The Holy Trinity: Britney Spears, Madonna, Miley Cyrus.
  • I like them overall: JLo, Mariah Carey, Céline Dion, Lady Gaga, Shakira, Pink, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Selena Gomez, Ava Max, Dua Lipa, Ariana Grande.
  • Not a fan of their music: Christina Aguilera, Beyoncé, Taylor Swift.
  • Strongly dislike: Nicki Minaj, Cardi B.

I'm having a blast going through all the responses.

Here's my own:

M0OlnP8.png

I really should have added Joni, Faith Hill, and The Supremes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.