Normani f/ Gunna - "1:59"

hallucinate

This thread is so WEIRD, why have multiple people who obviously don't like the song been perched in here for days on end? :deadbanana2: More ATRLers need jobs tbh!

• Like 10

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wonbin

• nooniebao

• popularmoonlight

• Armani?

4 hours ago, shelven said:

This thread is so WEIRD, why have multiple people who obviously don't like the song been perched in here for days on end? :deadbanana2: More ATRLers need jobs tbh!

It's pretty obvious :toofunny2:They can't call her lazy anymore or claim her album is shelved, so now they're focusing all their hopes on the single, hoping it will bomb. Honestly, ONHs have become so predictable.

OT: As I've mentioned before, nobody expects this song to be a massive hit. It will probably serve as an introduction to the album. The radio single, with some promotion behind it, will likely be Candy Paint. With that being said, I do think people need to lower their expectations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Her and Dua need to have an emergency meeting and release If It Ain't Me with a sexy dance video

Espresso smashing is a sign disco-lite can still smash in 2024

• Like 1

I thought people were going to be talking about Normani for weeks to come (according to her stans). even her haters are barely talking about her except for the same 2-3 people.

No chart, no streams, no noise - it's as if her debut never even happened.

1:59 isn't a bomb, it's more equivalent of a tree falling in a forest and no one hearing it

Better luck with Crayola Paint miss Mani

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

23 hours ago, Kimbra said:

Stable drops.

Day 7: 406K (+77K)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Can said:

MWAH! 

spacer.png

• Like 5

1 minute ago, nooniebao said:

:clap3:

IMG_1444.gif?ex=66367164&is=66351fe4&hm=

Lol

32 minutes ago, Can said:

Oh my GOD! Number one bubbling under debut is certain.

• Thumbs Down 5

We need a performance 

I wonder how's she gonna  do now that Coco and Tyla have entered the ring. They are serving vocals and choreography and the gp is responding .  And while Chloe stumbled she has not given up. When motivation came out I remember them having her stand with Megan and Sza and those two have launched to new height during her absence. The field has gotten much more crowded

Good :clap3:. I wasn't really expecting any increase until radio picked up :laugh:

I do think the rise was because her viral clips from the ELLE video. i've seen 10+ viral tweets from that clip yesterday. this a sign that she needs to do more promo

1 hour ago, rac7d said:

I wonder how's she gonna  do now that Coco and Tyla have entered the ring. They are serving vocals and choreography and the gp is responding .  And while Chloe stumbled she has not given up. When motivation came out I remember them having her stand with Megan and Sza and those two have launched to new height during her absence. The field has gotten much more crowded

Sure but none of them exactly have the Normani factor nor do any of them do the same thing. Her closest peer is Chloe and even then, it's a different pov and artist vision. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

Sure but none of them exactly have the Normani factor nor do any of them do the same thing. Her closest peer is Chloe and even then, it's a different pov and artist vision. 

Literally this. None of these women are close to the same artist and they've all proven they can coexist and all be successful.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kimbra said:

Oh my GOD! Number one bubbling under debut is certain.

4 hours ago, l3disko said:

I thought people were going to be talking about Normani for weeks to come (according to her stans). even her haters are barely talking about her except for the same 2-3 people.

No chart, no streams, no noise - it's as if her debut never even happened.

1:59 isn't a bomb, it's more equivalent of a tree falling in a forest and no one hearing it

Better luck with Crayola Paint miss Mani

I think people should hug their children more when they are young.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Parallel said:

Her and Dua need to have an emergency meeting and release If It Ain't Me with a sexy dance video

Espresso smashing is a sign disco-lite can still smash in 2024

Off topic but omg, that song honestly sounded SO much better with Normani - not Dua's fault, it just melodically felt like a flat road without a transition in the middle. I've always wondered which team decided to scrap it and why.

Edited by Raichu
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Raichu said:

Off topic but omg, that song honestly sounded SO much better with Normani - not Dua's fault, it just melodically felt like a flat road without a transition in the middle. I've always wondered which team decided to scrap it and why.

Now knowing that Normani didn't want to release Motivation implying she didn't wanna go the classic pop star route maybe she thought it was too pop for her. But it was a such an easy hit for her, DWAS was another collab that was such a good song and big hit

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Raichu said:

So many missed opportunities :katie:

She also was slated to be a feature on Raye's flip a switch. Who knows why that didn't work out but imagine what that could have done for her profile in the UK...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Raichu said:

6 hours ago, maaricle said:

So many missed opportunities :katie:

She also was slated to be a feature on Raye's flip a switch. Who knows why that didn't work out but imagine what that could have done for her profile in the UK...

She should have been on both of them. It makes zero sense. The non-Normani If It Ain't Me sucks.

Rooting for Mani big time and can tell that there are (for sure) some haters camped here to shade her. 

But for those of us that aren't, can I just temperature check what the vibe is towards 1:59 and the album's potential... in this very moment?

I'm seeing a lot of claims of "hating" thrown at any kind of constructive criticism, but I'm just sat here wondering what those same people will point to IF Mani releases and everything underperforms terribly. Kind of how 1:59 doesn't even look like it'll chart on the Hot 100.

I'm legit curious. Is it that some have let go of commercial expectations or feel that things will catch on eventually or with another song (like Candy Paint)? Or is it that her unfortunate set of circumstance is what will make it hard to turn the tide in any kind of impactful way?

Hope none of this sounds condescending. I for sure have my own view, as expressed up and down the thread, but I'm keen to understand where others are at.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.