Normani f/ Gunna - "1:59"

hallucinate

10 hours ago, Friendlyreminder said:

I still don't understand why so many people are obsessed with charts and streaming numbers. Plenty of great music doesn't chart high 

artists today release 7 versions of a song explicitly to game the charts, so it's confusing why she is 

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ethereal

• nooniebao

• popularmoonlight

• Armani?

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

artists today release 7 versions of a song explicitly to game the charts, so it's confusing why she is 

Artist typically release acapella and instrumental versions to encourage remixes and unofficial modifying to increase song exposure. It's not that deep.

It's not very uncommon. Well except if Normani does it, then it's completely unnecessary and stupid.

Edited by 4RCH1M3D35
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, 4RCH1M3D35 said:

It's not that deep.

agreed :gaycat5:

10 minutes ago, 4RCH1M3D35 said:

Artist typically release acapella and instrumental versions to encourage remixes and unofficial modifying to increase song exposure. It's not that deep.

It's very uncommon. Well except if Normani does it, then it's completely unnecessary and stupid.

literally this 100%

Seems 1:59 has gotten 37 adds on Urban radio. Hope they play the song :duca:

• Like 1

Waste of money sending this to radio, especially when a better song for that format is coming 

• Like 4

37 adds compared to 53 for Coco Jones, who has the same management, suggest they are only making limited investment in radio on this song.

13 minutes ago, 4RCH1M3D35 said:

37 adds compared to 53 for Coco Jones, who has the same management, suggest they are only making limited investment in radio on this song.

They don't share the same management so there's that. Coco and Lydia are no longer connected.

38's great. I predicted 25-30 yesterday so it exceeded my expectations :duca: Cute little Urban radio hit while we wait for Candy Paint and the album!

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

This is so scary. Normani picked the worst year to drop out of the years she delayed. Like the competition is HELL right now. How can Normani stand out (with Urban audiences) in a crowd of international girlies, established r&b girlies, rap girlies, tiktok viral girlies, and more?

She's better off fighting in pop honestly 😭

Edit@_jays_ sir idk why you're giving me a thumbs down. Candy Paint is viral in asia and australia. It will be pushed to a crossover "pop" audience. It's the next single. Nothing I said was wrong or mean. :bird:

Edited by Flare
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, _jays_ said:

They don't share the same management so there's that. Coco and Lydia are no longer connected.

So Coco who's no longer working with her got more radio adds and premiered her brand new song with a music video. Oh... okay

Confused Thinking GIF

9 minutes ago, eXaggeration said:

So Coco who's no longer working with her got more radio adds and premiered her brand new song with a music video. Oh... okay

Confused Thinking GIF

I'm not sure what the confusion is.

what Coco has going on has nothing to do with Normani nor affects what she does

1 hour ago, Flare said:

This is so scary. Normani picked the worst year to drop out of the years she delayed. Like the competition is HELL right now. How can Normani stand out (with Urban audiences) in a crowd of international girlies, established r&b girlies, rap girlies, tiktok viral girlies, and more?

She's better off fighting in pop honestly 😭

Edit@_jays_ sir idk why you're giving me a thumbs down. Candy Paint is viral in asia and australia. It will be pushed to a crossover "pop" audience. It's the next single. Nothing I said was wrong or mean. :bird:

They all can coexist.

You all have this warped perception that it has to be an either or situation with these artists and that's not the case.

1 minute ago, _jays_ said:

I'm not sure what the confusion is.

what Coco has going on has nothing to do with Normani nor affects what she does

My point was that Coco changed her management for a reason.

Think About It GIF by Identity

15 minutes ago, eXaggeration said:

My point was that Coco changed her management for a reason.

Think About It GIF by Identity

I know this roll out hasn't been easy but we really can't blame them 100% as of now.

If you smell dog **** every where you go, maybe the fault isn't in other people but yourself :michael:

Coco's got a more recent hit at Urban Radio. Seems pretty logical to me.

• Like 3

Just now, nooniebao said:

Coco's got a more recent hit at Urban Radio. Seems pretty logical to me.

This. Normani's last song to chart on Urban radio was Fair more than two years ago, and I don't think that ever went higher than the 40s or maybe the 30s. 

They're also not on the same record label so the discussion about management makes no sense. Record labels service and promote songs to radio, not management teams.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, _jays_ said:

They all can coexist.

You all have this warped perception that it has to be an either or situation with these artists and that's not the case.

Never said that. Stop inserting words into my post. 

8 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

I know this roll out hasn't been easy but we really can't blame them 100% as of now.

If you smell dog **** every where you go, maybe the fault isn't in other people but yourself :michael:

This was more what we should be discussing but let's see how the album and post-album run goes first. 

-

Lastly, Lydia put Coco Jones on the map and walked her right to the Grammys just like she did Doja Cat. If Lydia and Coco aren't working together anymore, it could be 100 diff reasons we're not aware of from money, to conflicts of interest, to literally anything. I wouldn't read into it at this point or say it has any effect of Normani. Normani has joint management anyways.

They need to *jointly* do better for Normani but the way managements and labels are set up now, you gotta have a tiktok viral sound then they start moving all the obstacles out your way. :coffee2:

I'm just tired... it's just such an awful introduction to a debut era. Now, I know I'm gonna majorly enjoy the album (if it ever sees the light of day) I think I'm just stuck in the past when a "new" act emerged on the scene and it was undeniable that we were about to see them everywhere... doing everything... all at once

wannabe GIF by Spice Girls

When it comes to Normani we're lucky to see her acknowledge anything or even post once a month. I need to be seeing her so much I can clock new growth on her scalp.

Anyone know if this is getting plays on urban? If it's close to top 50?

2 hours ago, scrltwtch said:

Anyone know if this is getting plays on urban? If it's close to top 50?

It's at about 200 spins across all Urban stations. The all-stations #50 has 521 spins today, so still some time to go before Top 50, but it's been climbing pretty consistently and its bullet is growing. 

18 hours ago, shelven said:

It's at about 200 spins across all Urban stations. The all-stations #50 has 521 spins today, so still some time to go before Top 50, but it's been climbing pretty consistently and its bullet is growing. 

do you have any radio update for today?

this is from Pulse

URBAN

MOCK-UP
NORMANI 1:59 f/Gunna 241 49 192 0.321
+42 Spins
+22 Bullet
+0.039 Audience

SPINCREASE
NORMANI 1:59 f/Gunna +182 (+17), 35 stations (+4)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.