Normani f/ Gunna - "1:59"

hallucinate

1 minute ago, shelven said:

I'm not, I've said for weeks in the Base thread that I didn't expect this to do numbers. Just emphasizing the point :laugh:

I mean cute album track + disastrous roll out 

literally no one but her team would expect this to do decent. :dies: they are the biggest joke of the music industry.

watch them stick out to this for 1 more month

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ethereal

• nooniebao

• popularmoonlight

• Armani?

1 hour ago, Post Malone said:

So it's Fair 2.0 :suburban:

The writings were on the wall with that boring teaser. Her and Chloe annoy me to no end, we want POP STARS :gaycat6:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I honestly don't see where they're lacking, besides not having a video, which I'm sure they do have and it will be released pretty soon.

There is a plan in motion, y'all just want huge numbers. I ain't bothered

• Like 1

2 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

No bcs im mad at Normani dropping the ball like this.

Her and her team are ridiculous to the point it's making me upset.

Go outside please. Nothing should have you this invested or upset. It's just music at the end of the day. 

• Haha 1

On 4/27/2024 at 11:19 AM, shelven said:

Honestly I think the biggest takeaway from this whole thing (which most people knew already, except her team apparently :toofunny2:) is that she's the type of artist where she NEEDS a Day 1 music video. That was always what drove the vast majority of the debut week interest in both Motivation and Wild Side. Not saying a video would have turned this into a huge smash, but it would have gotten more people talking about her online and driven some more interest.

Her label and team are honestly fascinating because they seem so oblivious to really basic aspects of what Normani's commercial appeal is :deadbanana:

I think you're right. Her biggest selling points are the visuals and performance. That video should be coming soon hopefully. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

text me where you at

let me know you back

gets me everytime

[texting noises]

spacer.png

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, lovely88 said:

I think you're right. Her biggest selling points are the visuals and performance. That video should be coming soon hopefully. 

Yeah she should've had both a video and a performance lined up upon release (at least a late night tv performance). 

2 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

No bcs im mad at Normani dropping the ball like this.

Her and her team are ridiculous to the point its making me upset.

I'm not surprised…I didnt have high hopes with her new mgmt.  Coco Jones has same person, she prob gonna have a messy rollout too.  :toofunny3:

…matter fact, WHY did this single get pushed back and a video was STILL not ready.  Like…? 

Am I the only one who finds the autotuned ooh oohs annoying and lowkey embarrassing? It does not sound good or pleasing at all.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, SharGaga said:

Am I the only one who finds the autotuned ooh oohs annoying and lowkey embarrassing? It does not sound good or pleasing at all.

Yes, you're the only one apparently 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

Yes, you're the only one apparently 

spacer.png

Atleast I'm streaming:celestial2:

She is not an A list artist. She was the fifth most popular member of 5 member girl group that disbanded over 5 years ago.

People act like they know what budget she got for this song. They probably decided to invest in radio rather than visuals out the gate. I could see this doing really well on Urban/Urban Contemporary.

A nice solid R&B radio hit followed by a more uptempo song with visuals and performances would be good for her.

• Like 1

It pleases me how well they mesh together :jonny: 

• Like 2

There shouldn't be a video for this. We need a video for the lead single, this is just a buzz one.

• Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, popularmoonlight said:

It pleases me how well they mesh together :jonny: 

wild side being oiam inspired and 1:59 being 4 page letter inspired :jonny5:

1 hour ago, OBEY said:

There shouldn't be a video for this. We need a video for the lead single, this is just a buzz one.

this one is going for radio adds though. A video can only help it, should have released one with the single but they still could.

This really needed a visual for maximum exposure, but the song itself is incredibly addictive.

insta.gif?ex=6630b9c9&is=662f6849&hm=309

Third day streams?

2 hours ago, Kimbra said:

Third day streams?

430,778(-86,729)

36 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

430,778(-86,729)

2 million streams in 3 days on Spotify alone sounds pretty good to me, how does that compare to other recent R&B releases?

Anyone know the Apple Music stats?

12 minutes ago, Friendlyreminder said:

2 million streams in 3 days on Spotify alone sounds pretty good to me, how does that compare to other recent R&B releases?

Anyone know the Apple Music stats?

These numbers are so mid girl considering it got cute playlisting. Dua's "flop" singles from this era get 2 million a day months later, let alone three days after release. It hasn't charted on Apple Music Top 200 where R&B is way stronger

• Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Parallel said:

These numbers are so mid girl considering it got cute playlisting. Dua's "flop" singles from this era get 2 million a day months later, let alone three days after release. It hasn't charted on Apple Music Top 200 where R&B is way stronger

I didn't know Dua Lipa was an R&B singer.

Does anyone else know how 2 million 3-day streams on Spotify compares to other R&B songs on Spotify?

22 minutes ago, Parallel said:

Dua's a much bigger artist w/ a bigger fanbase and global reach. Idk why you'd compare the two?

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

430,778(-86,729)

It's actually quite stable, given the fact that she's barely even promoting this.

Edited by Ethereal
  • Haha 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.