• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ethereal

• nooniebao

• popularmoonlight

• Armani?

Good song, over it though. Let it do whatever but she should release Candy Paint in a couple weeks with the video

• Like 2

2 hours ago, americanshameless said:

This song has crack in it 

Yes! I can't get over the production on it. So freaking good. :jonny:

• Like 2

its just getting better with every listen :clap3:

• Like 1

The production really sucks you in just like with Wild Side

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SimpleKindofLife said:

The production really sucks you in just like with Wild Side

And the silky smooth vocals too :jonny2:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nooniebao said:

Dua's a much bigger artist w/ a bigger fanbase and global reach. Idk why you'd compare the two?

I think you forgot where I said flop singles months later, but if yall wanna bury your heads in the sand and act like ***** cute when those debut numbers come out and she's in limbo again don't say the chickens didn't come home to roost

1 hour ago, Parallel said:

I think you forgot where I said flop singles months later, but if yall wanna bury your heads in the sand and act like ***** cute when those debut numbers come out and she's in limbo again don't say the chickens didn't come home to roost

I'm not sure why you keep bringing this up every day. We know the numbers aren't great, but what did you expect? She's been gone for three years and released this without any promotion. Considering the minimal effort from her team, it's actually doing well. This song is meant to lead the album, and the radio single, possibly Candy Paint, which already has a video, will get more promotion.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Ethereal said:

I'm not sure why you keep bringing this up every day. We know the numbers aren't great, but what did you expect? She's been gone for three years and released this without any promotion. Considering the minimal effort from her team, it's actually doing well. This song is meant to lead the album, and the radio single, possibly Candy Paint, which already has a video, will get more promotion.

Okay maybe you're right I'm being a little pessimistic. But Candy Paint has been recorded for years now, I feel like she could've released it by now. I know she's been going through hardship but I'm jus frustrated because I know she can be doing so much better, I don't mean to sound like a hater I'm just annoyed with her team or whoever's making these decisions

4 minutes ago, Parallel said:

Okay maybe you're right I'm being a little pessimistic. But Candy Paint has been recorded for years now, I feel like she could've released it by now. I know she's been going through hardship but I'm jus frustrated because I know she can be doing so much better, I don't mean to sound like a hater I'm just annoyed with her team or whoever's making these decisions

I've learnt something about Normani: we can't be sure if it's her decision or her team's behind these choices. So, if she's not promoting the song everywhere, it's not entirely her fault. Besides, extensive promotion isn't really the norm anymore. But one thing is clear: she's happy with the music she's putting out, and as fans, we shouldn't try to dictate the direction of her sound.

The main issue right now is that her fans are divided. Some want her to be a huge pop star like Doja Cat or Sabrina Carpenter, considering she came from a big pop group. Others want her to stick to R&B, and it seems like she's chosen the latter.  Even though this seems to be the case, I don't believe Normani should be pigeonholed into one box. Unfortunately, this is something that many black female artists seem to experience. I believe she's more than capable of excelling in and exploring multiple genres. She has infinite potential imo. 

• Like 6

i been seeing a lot of tweets from locals saying they love the song. once this slow burns and becomes an urban radio hit.. ion wanna hear nothing. this is OBVIOUSLY a slow burner while "candy paint" is gonna be the hit in ur face. very clear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Arianna Kylie said:

i been seeing a lot of tweets from locals saying they love the song. once this slow burns and becomes an urban radio hit.. ion wanna hear nothing. this is OBVIOUSLY a slow burner while "candy paint" is gonna be the hit in ur face. very clear.

I feel like y'all are setting her up. Don't know about you but the one above is def up to something

normani-kordei.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, Prodigal Self said:

I feel like y'all are setting her up. Don't know about you but the one above is def up to something

normani-kordei.gif

Setting her up where? We literally try not to make any Normani-related threads in the main sections and stick to the single/album and base threads because you guys are out in full force trying to come in for a quick kiii; it's embarrassing at this point :toofunny3: 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I'm one of the 3 people streaming this. You be nice!

normani-kordei.gif

• Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 3

I don't see the point of keeping to bring negative thoughts in here as if she's flopping so damn hard and that's not true.

You cannot compare Normani to DUA LIPA, who's on her third album cycle, is actually a huge artist and also makes very accessible pop music. Compare her to other R&B girlies and I'm sure you'll see why everyone is being optimistic. 

It's simply not productive. It seems like some of you wants us to cry in here all the time or admit that Normani is doomed. What's the point? 

She's doing great for her own standards. Period. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Y'all will NOT convince me that this song is doing terrible. 

• Like 4

it's a good song, but I don't think it's intended to be her come back single. it sounds like a song to generate some hype for the album.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Are we surprised? ONHs would love to see her fail, but the fact that this is doing decent, with zero promo, is making them fume

:ahh: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

What do the people saying the song "flopped"

have to say about this?

It's clearly a hype single to start the sprint towards the album release. We know a 1:59 video is coming, her monthly listers are rising, and Candy Paint is still rising on TikTok 

The song is doing its job RN

Fashion Rihanna GIF by Amazon Prime Video

• Like 3

This song would go from a 3 to a decent 5 if it weren't for that generic and lackluster Gunna part. I have to skip the song when the rap part comes on.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, AFullMoonlight said:

I mean...are your standards not to chart on Hot 100 as the lead single. Then, I guess.

The 1st day Spotify #s weren't terrible though. But it's not charting in any country, so it's not catching on anywhere.  Down to #80 already ⁸mid week on Apple Music R&B charts which is supposed to be the target audience.

• Thumbs Down 2

2 hours ago, AFullMoonlight said:

3 hours ago, popularmoonlight said:

I don't see the point of keeping to bring negative thoughts in here as if she's flopping so damn hard and that's not true.

The same people running to threads of her bandmate's singles debut, kii'ng, calling her a whole flop and that Normani will wash her

Now that 1:59 is not charting anywhere, suddenly it's not flopping? What's the truth?

spacer.png

Spotify (day 4): 409,063

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.