Fair 1st day: 700,026

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Spotify (April 26): 877,344 streams

:clap3:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Spotify (April 26): 877,344 streams

Considering it didn't debut on a single country chart other than Norway's, this is actually a bit higher than I was expecting :deadbanana:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Fair 1st day: 700,026

So she got more attention now, even if by a low margin. Fair had the advantage of having a hit before it to build expectations, so it kinda slowed down her momentum. She needs to pick that up

overall with the previous days numbers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

i can't believe they didn't have a video ready for this after all that time :deadbanana4:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, jdanton2 said:

All pictures of her are so STUNNING like she absolutely gets it outfit and setup wise :jonny:

It's giving Iggy where their visuals are kind of more impactful than their music

• Like 3

Saw on my twitter feed from someone called mr pop official that it not enter any top 200 spotify chart... is that really true. Wow just wow all those people on twitter saying she the next big thing...  and this. Anyway ive known her with that khalid and sam smith song.  7 years of her youth lost like that when its your best music years to become succesful. Whats the point now ?

• Thumbs Down 1

Hmmmmm. I like this song. Too bad they're dragging these numbers.

But I've peeped that whenever an artist is breaking/returns from a mini (+ extended?) hiatus there's the 'gap' single before huge momentum occurs

10:35 came before greedy

Attention came before PAINT THE TOWN RED

Holiday came before CMBWN

Rumors before About Damn Time

Cobra came before HISS

Ella Mai's Not Another Love Song came before DFMU

There are other examples too. 

And for the OG's who remember:

Lick came right before BODAK YELLOW

Maybe you'll come back and quote me on this. But I fear this song/it's performance is a great starting point.  And you never know what's coming next :clap3:

BANKZ.thumb.gif.4ae73066626d8da67011f7529faa3220.gif

• Like 9

this song gives me the vibe that while it may not have a big peak on the charts it will gather a lot of streams and help her with her monthly listeners stats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jdanton2 said:

It's not bad after all, people still check her music :clap3:,so she needs to be consistent and just promote. 

It could have been better with a mv!

• ATRL Moderator
40 minutes ago, Alex said:

i can't believe they didn't have a video ready for this after all that time :deadbanana4:

Normani and her team should be embarrassed. Making fans wait years is understandable given the circumstances she’s been through within the past few years, but to not even have a proper strategy after years of delays is baffling 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, wehavetostan said:

Normani and her team should be embarrassed. Making fans wait years is understandable given the circumstances she's been through within the past few years, but to not even have a proper strategy after years of delays is baffling 

You're right. I'm not surprised by any of this though, let's just hope there's a plan to rollout the album

Not what I expected as a comeback single, although I like the smooth chill vibe.

I feel like she should have led her debut era with Waves despite its performance. It's obvious that's the sound she wants to make. We keep going back to the start, after all these years wtf.

7 hours ago, remming said:

I do not care. The roll out has been terrible. Normani disappeared for days and the day before this was supposed to come out she posted a tiktok for an unreleased song. She's very unserious :laugh:

Exactly. This was VERY expected. Normani did nothing to build up the hype for the two months prior to the release of 1:59 and already seemingly indicated that Candy Paint is the actual lead to the album by doing the choreo video and confirming that it has a music video.

I'd bet we will see them go ALL OUT for Candy Paint (and see much better numbers for that one).

Honestly the numbers don't seem bad at all. I'm quite happy people checked the song out. They def could and should have released at least a visualizer, but oh well I guess that might still come.

Just hope that this is her Attention, her PTTR will follow shortly :eli:  

• Like 3

A lot of Normani's appeal is tied to her visual art. The biggest promo her label can give her is investing in music videos, preferably on release day. If Candy Paint is the next single it better come with a video 

4 hours ago, TripToYourLove said:

OBSESSED WITH THIS!!!!! After 4-5 listens it really clicked with me :jonnycat: was the Gunna collab needed? Absolutely not. But this still has me really excited for the album! 

People crying about the numbers need to get a grip. Firstly, it's day one. Normani isn't an A-list musician, you're dumb if you thought this had a chance of getting great numbers from the start. Especially without a music video. Second, this clearly wasn't released to be a smash hit. It's a lowkey RNB song and it's what NORMANI wanted to release. 

Be happy she's finally releasing her music and that we actually have a date for the album. Y'all so negative and chart obsessed. Completely ruining the vibe. At this point in Normani's career we know we've past the initial public hype era so any big hits she's gonna get are most likely gonna have to be organic hits. If you want singles that shoot to #1 first week then this isn't the girlie to stan for you. 

tell 'em!!!

• Like 1

Her Fair Pt 2

This song isn't bad. It's not as good as wild side or even waves but it's miles better than that awful fair and even motivation. I wouldn't made it the lead single but I'm glad they didn't use candy paint since that leaked a year ago. 

that being said her best two solo songs are wild side and one on one

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.