Do you think Britney should have won more Grammy's?

A Million Lights

Yes. Oops, Baby one more time and Blackout. Maybe everytime too. 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BionicWooHoo

• Jay07

• supaspaz

• Yes, AND

imagine not giving gimme more song of the year

Yes, she should have. But I also think we put too much weight on these awards. Grammy's don't make an incredible artist.

Just from her nominations

Best New Artist - either way, her or X were the obvious top 

Female Pop Vocal 2000 - yes BOMT is the obvious winner from that group

Female Pop Vocal 2001 - fine with any of the nominees taking it.

Pop Vocal Album 2001 - yes absolutely Oops should've won over that Steeley Dan record (or Music)

Female Pop Vocal 2001 - fine with Norah Jones beating Overprotected

Pop Vocal Album 2003 - fine with Norah Jones beating Britney

Best Dance Recording - no Poker Face clears Womanizer with ease.

So 2 more Grammys.

• Like 1

Baby One More Time was obviously THE song of that year. If they're throwing them at Miley and Taylor for being succesful, Britney obviously should have won. But it was 25 years ago. 

On 3/23/2024 at 1:44 PM, leyaris11 said:

Just look at the list of their best new artist recently, the reductive is real... :rip: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Meghan Trainor, Chance the rapper, Alessia Cara, Sam Smith, Megan Thee Stallion, Billie Eilish, Olivia Rodrigo, Samara Joy... 

They just handover the awards for whoever is popular these days. :pig:

All those people mentioned deserved BNA more than Britney. And the one Britney lost was rightfully given to Xtina.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

K-Fed didn't have enough money to buy her Grammys in bulk like someone else's hubby.

• Haha 1

She's always been more of a Teen/People Choice Awards kind of artist.

She's not respected in her industry because her artistry is missing, and sometimes so are her vocals.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bradphord said:

She's always been more of a Teen/People Choice Awards kind of artist.

She's not respected in her industry because her artistry is missing, and sometimes so are her vocals.

It's always amusing to see another obsessed soul go on a rant about how unimportant Britney is when they have dedidated their own profile picture to her. 

• Like 2

No, she should thank the rules for Dance Recording we're so loose back then and her only Grammy is for a Kylie Minogue reject. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Looking at her nominations... BOMT (or Genie In A Bottle) should've won best female pop vocal performance over sarah mclaughlin. That's the only one of her nominations where her winning would've made sense. Blackout deserved a grammy for Best Dance/Electronic album though. So maybe she'd have 3 in total

2 hours ago, Triton said:

No, she should thank the rules for Dance Recording we're so loose back then and her only Grammy is for a Kylie Minogue reject. 

I love that the OBH are still seething that she has a Grammy since they would love to pull the Grammyless card.

A Kylie reject with a billion streams by the way. What other Kylie songs have a billion streams dear? Talk about turning nothing into something :gaynetcat4:

On 3/23/2024 at 10:21 AM, Devin said:

she shouldve won BNA and something for Oops.

Im a Britney fan, but she did not deserve BNA at the time. Britney was just a teen pop artist, while Christina had an amazing unique voice which the Grammys appreciate. They actually both did not deserve it, many other nominated BNA deserved it more.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 2:48 PM, Kyoto said:

All those people mentioned deserved BNA more than Britney. And the one Britney lost was rightfully given to Xtina.

Xtina turned out to be a mediocre musical artist, what's next? :gaycatina1:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, SuperCiC1 said:

Xtina turned out to be a mediocre musical artist, what's next? :gaycatina1:

Etta James, Whitney Houston, Ariana Grande, Patti Labelle, Celine Dion all disagree. It's great that you acknowledge she is an artist though, not everyone gets to pass off other ppls creativity as their own 

1 hour ago, BionicWooHoo said:

Etta James, Whitney Houston, Ariana Grande, Patti Labelle, Celine Dion all disagree. It's great that you acknowledge she is an artist though, not everyone gets to pass off other ppls creativity as their own 

Xtina wrote basically NONE of her music, especially not any of the good ones. I would be interested in seeing a Britney vs Xtina co-writes thread matching songs each of them are credited on. I think we already know who would win. :coffee:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SuperCiC1 said:

Xtina wrote basically NONE of her music, especially not any of the good ones. I would be interested in seeing a Britney vs Xtina co-writes thread matching songs each of them are credited on. I think we already know who would win. :coffee:

Christina Aguilera HAD decent vocals (questionable tbh) but apart from that, zero talent. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SuperCiC1 said:

That's not true. She wrote Fighter and Dirrty which are two of her most iconic songs. She's always involved in song writing and music production since she's an actual musician.

Edited by XDNA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

she got what she deserved

and she didn't deserve bna (she wasn't even in 2nd place in the race lol)

• Like 1

Yes but I also think she should of won more VMAs. She was the show for so many years. I can't believe she never won one until 2008 for Piece Of Me and its a great song but I feel like they gave her all the awards bc of her "comeback" and everything going on and how badly they treated her in 07.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, freakum. said:

Yes but I also think she should of won more VMAs. She was the show for so many years. I can't believe she never won one until 2008 for Piece Of Me and its a great song but I feel like they gave her all the awards bc of her "comeback" and everything going on and how badly they treated her in 07.

ironic she got a vma after the gimme more vmas

they must have felt bad considering she singlehandedly made them relevant in the 00's.

• Like 1

Blackout Deserved best Pop vocal album

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.