Do you think Britney should have won more Grammy's?

A Million Lights

4 minutes ago, Comedor said:

She was a label puppet so no. A win for Toxic sounds alright. 

You can continue to spew this nonsense like sheep

but it has been constantly proven (and still continues to be) that she was Not in fact, a label puppet :toofunny3:

Some of yall should start acting like you are on a POP forum and do your research..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BionicWooHoo

• Jay07

• supaspaz

• Yes, AND

The importance placed on the Grammys is ridiculous. They sold out decades ago. 

In the Zone, Blackout & Circus were all deserving of Best Pop Vocal Album.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

People here talking about needing vocals to win but yet the recent winners can't even hold a note live :bam:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NEX said:

Her chances were definitely hurt by the presence of the word "vocal" in pop categories. The grammys should have never used that word to differentiate from the classical categories. Many pop artists have been snubbed because of it 

This is a common misconception. Vocal just refers to the fact that someone is singing, it does not speak at all to the quality of the particular singing. 

3 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

This is a common misconception. Vocal just refers to the fact that someone is singing, it does not speak at all to the quality of the particular singing. 

Which part of "used that word to differentiate from the classical categories" did you not understand?

2 minutes ago, NEX said:

Which part of "used that word to differentiate from the classical categories" did you not understand?

You claimed pop singers were "snubbed due to the use of the word Vocal" which is basically something you made up, because it has no basis in fact. 

The academy members back in her prime were dinosaurs that aren't with us anymore. The new members would've rewarded her.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

You claimed pop singers were "snubbed due to the use of the word Vocal" which is basically something you made up, because it has no basis in fact. 

Because the wording is confusing and not every voter understands that. Even musicheads on forums like this one don't understand it, often claiming that such and such album does not deserve it because someone else's vocal abilities were stronger. Obviously there will be similar confusion among the voters. Thus disadvantaging singers who are perceived as less capable in the vocal department. 

She should have won less. :suburban:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NEX said:

Because the wording is confusing and not every voter understands that. Even musicheads on forums like this one don't understand it, often claiming that such and such album does not deserve it because someone else's vocal abilities were stronger. Obviously there will be similar confusion among the voters. Thus disadvantaging singers who are perceived as less capable in the vocal department. 

Surely everyone voting would read the category descriptions first. 

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, BionicWooHoo said:

What does me laughing at your delusion have to do with my fave? Why are you as a mod not following your own rules and going off topic? 

Furthermore, since you wanna bring up my fave, if the recording academy is ageist why does my fave have 4 pop vocal Grammys total when Britney has zero? Hmmm? It's not like you said the recording academy is ageist for just general field 

p.s. beautiful has a song of the year nom (yes I know it's a songwriter award)

Okay, sorry. Thought we were having a conversation but you’re just an insane stan.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Okay, sorry. Thought we were having a conversation but you're just an insane stan.

Cop out answer, yawn 🥱 your logic just didn't hold up. It's okay to admit that sis. You honestly thought putting a bunch of links to articles written by Britney stans counts as logic but it doesn't. 

Edited by BionicWooHoo

I think she would've won more had she been in her prime these days.

• ATRL Moderator
37 minutes ago, BionicWooHoo said:

Cop out answer, yawn 🥱 your logic just didn't hold up. It's okay to admit that sis. You honestly thought putting a bunch of links to articles written by Britney stans counts as logic but it doesn't. 

It’s clear that you didn’t even click on the links, which aren’t about Britney. So yes, I’m the illogical one for pointing out that the major artists winning Grammys at the peak of her career were Santana and Steely Dan and Allison Krauss.

• Thanks 1

Maybe? For BOMT… but after Toxic she didn't really deserve any imo… everytime deserved something

• Confused 1

No, she's the female Milli Vanilli 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

"Toxic" should've been nominated for and won Record of the Year, the production is absolutely insane

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

It's clear that you didn't even click on the links, which aren't about Britney. So yes, I'm the illogical one for pointing out that the major artists winning Grammys at the peak of her career were Santana and Steely Dan and Allison Krauss.

And why didn't any of those things mentioned in said links (you specifically mention age) that stopped Britney from getting Grammys stop Xtina or Beyonce from getting Grammys?

Let's be real, you just are grasping at straws for why Britney only has one Grammy for a song she neither wrote or produced (or even really sang with her own vocals for all we know)

She sealed her one win wonder fate when she told them to kiss her ass, but I applaud her for it honestly hjkl

Edited by Trash

Not particularly, sis was limited in more ways than one 

Britney is a nice entertainer, but she's not a musician. 

She got a Grammy. That's already good. We're happy for her. 

vomxZ2.gif

Edited by alexrex
  • Like 1

I was very ready to say no, but looking at the nominees each time she was nominated, I do think she probably should have won Female Pop Performance for Baby One More Time.

It's like asking if the Avengers should win more Oscars. 

• Confused 1

• ATRL Moderator
15 minutes ago, BionicWooHoo said:

And why didn't any of those things mentioned in said links (you specifically mention age) that stopped Britney from getting Grammys stop Xtina or Beyonce from getting Grammys?

Let's be real, you just are grasping at straws for why Britney only has one Grammy for a song she neither wrote or produced (or even really sang with her own vocals for all we know)

Christina didn’t win that many. That’s literally the point. Even someone that they christened their Best New Artist never made it back to the general field. It’s taken years for them to shed the Grannies reputation and reward more contemporary music. I don’t know why this is so difficult for you to grasp.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.