Do you think Britney should have won more Grammy's?

A Million Lights

Tbh when your competitions are Christina, Beyoncé, Alicia Keys, Mary J Blige etc it's hard to win when these people are far more talented vocally or artistically.

• Like 4

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BionicWooHoo

• Jay07

• supaspaz

• Yes, AND

No. Her Grammy win is for a song she has no writing on producing credits on. It was created for Kylie who passed on it. Janet passed too. You can hear Cathy Denis vocals on it. Britney having a Grammy for that is questionable already and you want her to have more?

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 2

seeing the nominees for pop vocal album the cycle she won for Toxic, I think In the Zone should've at least been in the running for that one

no 

3 hours ago, Yes, AND said:

Surely everyone voting would read the category descriptions first. 

pls, they don't even listen to the music submitted

16 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Christina didn't win that many. That's literally the point. Even someone that they christened their Best New Artist never made it back to the general field. It's taken years for them to shed the Grannies reputation and reward more contemporary music. I don't know why this is so difficult for you to grasp.

Not you randomly moving the goal post. First it's Grammys doesn't reward young artists. Then it's not rewarding young artists in the general field. Then it's not rewarding a young artist "that many" (which is already vague AF) :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

grammy should go to acts who can sing (like beyonce) or write great songs (like taylor), not some label pupets with baby voice and no artistis input other then few dance moves.

• Confused 1

Tbh yes and no. Toxic is a top tier pop song, so that song was definitely deserving of its Grammy.

I don't think anything from her discography would be more deserving than that or Blackout winning something. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

pls, they don't even listen to the music submitted

More fan fiction. 

39 minutes ago, BionicWooHoo said:

Not you randomly moving the goal post. First it's Grammys doesn't reward young artists. Then it's not rewarding young artists in the general field. Then it's not rewarding a young artist "that many" (which is already vague AF) :bibliahh:

I literally never heard of them being called The Grannies until this thread. Scammys yes. 

59 minutes ago, Crazy in Love said:

No. Her Grammy win is for a song she has no writing on producing credits on. It was created for Kylie who passed on it. Janet passed too. You can hear Cathy Denis vocals on it. Britney having a Grammy for that is questionable already and you want her to have more?

I agree with this. Toxic should really be co credited to Britney and Cathy and should have won Best pop vocal recording as a duo. 

• Like 1

Tbh no but maybe a retrospective career Grammy.  She never really checked all of the right boxes to qualify.

16 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

More fan fiction. 

Huh?

A quick search will show otherwise

Album of the year: "Harry's House.’ Did I personally listen to it a ton? No. Did it make itself known in every TikTok? Absolutely. ....

Record of the year: "I try to be ecumenical, but there's a significant percentage of music I've never heard. It's a lot of work to listen to all of it. I guess I'm a bad voter because I didn't do my diligence. But that's my right…

x

19 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

I literally never heard of them being called The Grannies until this thread. Scammys yes. 

Probably bc it's only a thing in that posters head and not based in reality 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BionicWooHoo said:

Probably bc it's only a thing in that posters head and not based in reality 

Like a lot of posts in this thread. 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, BionicWooHoo said:

I am begging you to get educated. Actually read the articles I posted. You are genuinely so ignorant of Grammy history.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
42 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

Okay, so now you know! Congratulations.

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

I am begging you to get educated. Actually read the articles I posted. You are genuinely so ignorant of Grammy history.

In the time you've taken to call me names and use personal insults as a mod and find all those articles that do nothing to help your case, you could have just answered my question but you can't. Hell you could have even copy and pasted a quote from one of these "great articles" but alas here we are. 

• Like 1

SuburbanSluts

She actually deserves less :sorry: 

1 hour ago, BionicWooHoo said:

In the time you've taken to call me names and use personal insults as a mod and find all those articles that do nothing to help your case, you could have just answered my question but you can't. Hell you could have even copy and pasted a quote from one of these "great articles" but alas here we are. 

What is your question user BionicWooHoo? You are doubting that in the 90s and 00s the Grammys were reluctant to award mainstream popstars, especially in the major categories? Just look at the winners. Again, Madonna got her first Grammys for Ray of Light, 15 years into her career. 

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, BionicWooHoo said:

":bibliahh:I have to laugh " isn't a question. And pointing out your ignorance of Grammy history isn't a personal insult. It's just a factual assessment of your complete unwillingness to grasp the point, which is that Britney Spears probably would have had a better chance to win Grammys if the Recording Academy rewarded success and youth culture more back then.

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

What is your question user BionicWooHoo? You are doubting that in the 90s and 00s the Grammys were reluctant to award mainstream popstars, especially in the major categories? Just look at the winners. Again, Madonna got her first Grammys for Ray of Light, 15 years into her career. 

He doesn't have a question. He's just fighting some stan battle from 25 years ago. Another member completely uninterested in actual music history.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supaspaz said:

":bibliahh:I have to laugh " isn't a question. And pointing out your ignorance of Grammy history isn't a personal insult. It's just a factual assessment of your complete unwillingness to grasp the point, which is that Britney Spears probably would have had a better chance to win Grammys if the Recording Academy rewarded success and youth culture more back then.

So out of all the replies I've made to you, you chose the one that doesn't have a question mark and then act like I've never asked a single question? Lmao I don't know if you know this but the question marks in all the other posts indicate questions 

Here I'll ask it again despite your being willfully obtuse with your revisionist history lesson: If ageism were such a huge factor, why was Beyonce nominated for record of the year in 2004 at 22 years old? Why did Christina's rendition of Beautiful get a song of the year nom instead of being completely snubbed? Why did Christina have three pop vocal Grammys to her name by 26 while Britney still has zero? Clearly 

It's very clear that it's only "Grammys ageist!!! PlEaSe LeArN my vErSiOn of hIsToRy.” bc the recording academy has awarded plenty of Grammys to young artists EXCEPT your fave. Sucks to be a label puppet I guess.

• Like 1

No. :clap3:

I always think about how Mariah only has 6 and remember the Shammys are worthless. :coffee2:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.