Do you think Britney should have won more Grammy's?

A Million Lights

5 hours ago, Avenger said:

For sure, but Grammy has lost their integrity they are no Oscars in today's time so it's alright really! 

They gained it back this year! (lol)

Grammy awards 2024: Kylie Minogue earns first win in two decades for Padam  Padam | Kylie Minogue | The Guardian

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BionicWooHoo

• Jay07

• supaspaz

• Yes, AND

5 hours ago, Ck.cR said:

Dua Lipa has a discography that simply obliterates Britney's career and life. The nerve that you have, go try to rewrite history on that basement your crawled out of but in reality spears has never been an artist no one respects her as an artist and your history revisions will not change that fact. 

:ahh: 

DELULU HAS ENTERED THE BUILDING

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, toxicgenie said:

Britney is more an entertainer & performer than an artist. It's not a necessarily a bad thing and it's the truth. Not sure why some people want to make her something she is not.

Because she's had plenty of impact even up to 2024. But then again we are talking about awards that have given zero Grammys to Lana and some to Lorde and Billie

• Confused 1

No Way Smh GIF

14 minutes ago, Lana Banana said:

Because she's had plenty of impact even up to 2024. But then again we are talking about awards that have given zero Grammys to Lana and some to Lorde and Billie

Billie deserves it more. Lana naming her songs after cult movies like "Paris Texas" for cred is cringe. Maybe it impresses the Letterboxd crowd who fake their top 4 to be edgy but it doesn't make the music better or Grammy worthy.

• Confused 1

Blackout is a music bible and deserves 100 Grammys.

yeah maybe one or two more 

14 hours ago, BionicWooHoo said:

So out of all the replies I've made to you, you chose the one that doesn't have a question mark and then act like I've never asked a single question? Lmao I don't know if you know this but the question marks in all the other posts indicate questions 

Here I'll ask it again despite your being willfully obtuse with your revisionist history lesson: If ageism were such a huge factor, why was Beyonce nominated for record of the year in 2004 at 22 years old? Why did Christina's rendition of Beautiful get a song of the year nom instead of being completely snubbed? Why did Christina have three pop vocal Grammys to her name by 26 while Britney still has zero? Clearly 

It's very clear that it's only "Grammys ageist!!! PlEaSe LeArN my vErSiOn of hIsToRy.” bc the recording academy has awarded plenty of Grammys to young artists EXCEPT your fave. Sucks to be a label puppet I guess.

Alicia Keys also won MULTIPLE Grammys between 2002 and 2005, when she was young !! 

10 hours ago, kataraqueen said:

yes quite obviously since her music impacted both the sonic and conceptual trends to such an effect that a lot of our current music landscape can be directly credited to Britney

Britney represented a type of feminism that has only very recently been recognized properly. Movies like legally blonde were seen as chickflicks. Britney was and sometimes still is seen as a label puppet. People were incredibly dismissive of hot young blonde women and often still are, which is why some of her uglier contemporaries had no troubles getting Grannies

IS this landscape in the room with us ? 

1 hour ago, Yes, AND said:

Alicia Keys also won MULTIPLE Grammys between 2002 and 2005, when she was young !! 

How old was Norah Jones when she swept or Nelly Furtado when she got her first? 

Not even Katy has a Grammy. Grammy hate pop stars (maybe not Taylor but since she writes her song she's more authentic) 

6 hours ago, supaspaz said:

It's not just any reply. It's your first reply. The entirety of it. You came at me out of nowhere with nothing but snark. Even when I tried to engage in a genuine exchange with you, you came back at me with more snark and still no question. So, much like others in this thread, I am confused about what you are supposedly asking here.

You keep calling it revisionist history, even though I provided multiple links that talk about the "Grannies" reputation that existed in the '90s and '00s. This was a very real thing that you are simply in denial about it. Of course there were exceptions. But Christina winning some Grammys (and not getting nominated for Song of the Year, no matter how many times you try to bring that up) doesn't change the fact that the Recording Academy as it exists now is more likely to reward artists like Britney Spears than it was at the peak of her career. Those are not mutually exclusive ideas. It's just you engaging in a one-sided stan fight.

I didn't know who you were before yesterday but you've certainly announced yourself now as a blinkered, uncurious and just plain nasty member who is not worth engaging with. I'll be sure to steer clear of you in the future, as there is no productive or fun discussion to be had with you. You can be loud and wrong by yourself.

What? All I said was I have to laugh and you immediately went for the personal insults calling me a crazy stan when YOU were the person to bring up Xtina first. We could have easily had this discussion without bringing any other artist into it. I'm not going to sit here and let you insult me and then not respond with snark. Not you acting like you're the victim when the receipts are right there for you to go back several pages and see that you attacked me first. Crying wolf like ohhh nooo this cwazy stan hurt my fweeelings with his snarky comment UwU. 

You keep saying you want to have a discussion but you keep adding this nonsense to deflect about how you didn't know me before yesterday and how you gonna steer clear…like do you think I knew you? What does that even add to the discussion? When you had to argue for a point in debate in college or HS, did your teachers accept you just saying "oh here just read these links.” Oh wow great discussion, great debating skills

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, Jay07 said:

Talk about moving the goalposts in desperation.

Why doesn't Janet have any pop vocal Grammys? Why does Madonna (!!!) only have one? I realize you're desperate to cling to the Grammys as some sort of liferaft and a justification for the existence of someone whose every other facet has been largely rejected but the fact remains that Grammys were reluctant to reward huge popstars, especially popstars that were controversial and didn't kiss their ass. Again, even the most cursory look (I wish I didn't have to look for you) tell you that the winners were: Bonnie Raitt, Joni Mitchell, James Taylor, Sting, Steely Dan, Sade etc.  Meanwhile, starting in 2010 the winners were Black Eyes Peas, Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, Ariana Grande etc, exactly what you were arguing against. Not sure if you're pretending to not get it or are you're really just... not able to get it.

As for me being an obsessed Xtina hater, you are the one making a fool of yourself in a Britney thread... again. 

Looking forward to the next deflection :bird:

Not you using Janet as your example when she literally has five Grammys and Madonna has seven lmaooo. It's clear that :gaygacat4:. Doesn't matter if it's pop vocal or rnb song or general field or best music video. You can cry about Grammys not meaning anything but I will continue to laugh as your fave keeps submitting her producers' work to the Grammys passing it off as her own and then failing to get nominated 

Literally the definition of every accusation is a confession bc yall keep deflecting to xtina this xtina that in a Britney thread. How am I deflecting when yall are the ones bringing her up? Anyways I'll be going to see my rejected popstar soon in yet another one of her sold out critically acclaimed live shows with a live mic. Have fun in the next Xtina thread tho, I'll sure you'll be there xoxo

• ATRL Moderator
17 minutes ago, BionicWooHoo said:

What? All I said was I have to laugh and you immediately went for the personal insults calling me a crazy stan when YOU were the person to bring up Xtina first. We could have easily had this discussion without bringing any other artist into it. I'm not going to sit here and let you insult me and then not respond with snark. Not you acting like you're the victim when the receipts are right there for you to go back several pages and see that you attacked me first. Crying wolf like ohhh nooo this cwazy stan hurt my fweeelings with his snarky comment UwU. 

You keep saying you want to have a discussion but you keep adding this nonsense to deflect about how you didn't know me before yesterday and how you gonna steer clear…like do you think I knew you? What does that even add to the discussion? When you had to argue for a point in debate in college or HS, did your teachers accept you just saying "oh here just read these links.” Oh wow great discussion, great debating skills

Oh man, talk about revisionist history. I brought up Christina as an example of another artist from the era who suffered from the Recording Academy’s aversion to young pop artists and you called me delusional. So you started with the insults. And if you don’t show respect, you won’t get any. The only thing you’re a victim of is your own bad attitude. Enough of this already.

• Like 2

BrandNewBrandon

She would've won more if she came out in 2009 and ruled the 2010s. 

But it's also like what happened at the Oscars. It was Oppenheimer vs. Barbie. Barbie won the box office so the Academy gave Oppenheimer the awards. In the 2000s it was Britney vs. Christina and Britney was winning in album sales and hits, so Grammys were giving awards to Xtina instead. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

She would've won more if she came out in 2009 and ruled the 2010s. 

But it's also like what happened at the Oscars. It was Oppenheimer vs. Barbie. Barbie won the box office so the Academy gave Oppenheimer the awards. In the 2000s it was Britney vs. Christina and Britney was winning in album sales and hits, so Grammys were giving awards to Xtina instead. 

are you saying that Britney was Barbie and X-tina was Oppenheimer kinda like Katy was Barbie and Gaga was Oppenheimer? 

Yes! Perfume should have won 4.

BrandNewBrandon
3 minutes ago, shyboi said:

are you saying that Britney was Barbie and X-tina was Oppenheimer kinda like Katy was Barbie and Gaga was Oppenheimer? 

Yes in regards to Barbie being Britney and Xtina being Oppenheimer (of course not as acclaimed but you get the comparison). 

I wouldn't say that it counts as much in Gaga vs. Katy's case as they were never that big of a rivalry aside from that one era in 2013 and Gaga was more successful than Katy so Gaga was more like Barbie and Oppenheimer in one, I'd say. 

1 minute ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

Yes in regards to Barbie being Britney and Xtina being Oppenheimer (of course not as acclaimed but you get the comparison). 

I wouldn't say that it counts as much in Gaga vs. Katy's case as they were never that big of a rivalry aside from that one era in 2013 and Gaga was more successful than Katy so Gaga was more like Barbie and Oppenheimer in one, I'd say. 

Britney was more like Barbenheimer, acclaim, sales and awards but i do get your point. 

49 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Oh man, talk about revisionist history. I brought up Christina as an example of another artist from the era who suffered from the Recording Academy's aversion to young pop artists and you called me delusional. So you started with the insults. And if you don't show respect, you won't get any. The only thing you're a victim of is your own bad attitude. Enough of this already.

It seems a big reach to bring Christina into it when she won Best new artist. That hardly shows an "aversion" 

16 minutes ago, shyboi said:

Britney was more like Barbenheimer, acclaim, sales and awards but i do get your point. 

Britney is more like the Mario movie if were being real. Very profitable, artificial and made to be PG friendly. 

She was robbed a lot, especially for her first 5 albums :gaycat2:

1 hour ago, supaspaz said:

Oh man, talk about revisionist history. I brought up Christina as an example of another artist from the era who suffered from the Recording Academy's aversion to young pop artists and you called me delusional. So you started with the insults. And if you don't show respect, you won't get any. The only thing you're a victim of is your own bad attitude. Enough of this already.

https://www.csun.edu/~dgw61315/fallacies.html 

https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/general_writing/academic_writing/logic_in_argumentative_writing/using_logic.html

https://www.oxford-royale.com/articles/construct-compelling-argument/

https://www.monash.edu/student-academic-success/enhance-your-thinking/critical-thinking/create-argument

https://thoughtfullearning.com/inquireHSbook/pg102 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.