Top Posters In This Topic

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Prisoner

• Hug

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, djcalpal said:

Thanks @Aurora

'Tight' rhymes with 'Tonight' and 'New' rhymes with 'Do' - I think not hearing the melody probably threw you off from where the rhyming schemes were in the song, but these were definitely considered! Appreciate the feedback, as always. 

Apologies for the misunderstanding; I didn't mean to suggest those lyrics didn't rhyme, quite the opposite actually! What I was getting at was that the second rhyming lyric felt a bit contorted just so it would land on a rhyme. Looking at this couplet for instance:

When we go to the bar tonight
Skinny girls, pretty dresses tight

While it rhymes, the second lyric is written in a way that wouldn't be commonly spoken. "There'll be skinny girls in tight pretty dresses," would be a more natural way to convey this same idea, but of course that doesn't rhyme, nor fit your meter. Herein lies the fun and challenge of songwriting, finding that balance of rhythm, rhyme, and readability.

6 hours ago, helpthomas said:

thank yoooou so much @Aurora :heart2:

also can i ask if it's okay to use pre-written lyrics for the challenges? i'm releasing a song in a couple weeks that checks out for this weeks erotica challenge :coffee:

3 hours ago, Hug said:

As someone who has done this myself...it's discouraged. We can't really dock you if we can't prove you pre-wrote it, and as long as it is your words, then you're free to submit it. It just ends up feeling a bit disappointing to see someone admit it as a judge I suppose :gaycat6:

Echoing Hug's sentiment, I'd strongly encourage submitting a new original song written within the timeframe provided for the challenge. You're more than welcome to submit the other existing song though just so we can have a look, though! I'd personally love to see it. :duca:

Also we have results tabulated for Round 3... who wants them? :celestial5:

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator

Ready to flop!

Thank you @Hug!! Also yes we're ready for results

• ATRL Moderator

I forgot to thank both of you for the reviews :heart:

QEYvtHN.png

Round 3 🪷 Results

Hey, Hitmakers! Welcome to the third results show for Golden Hit: Season 6!

For our first time players, this will be the last time your scores will be publicly announced until the season's finale. As we move into the second half of the tournament, scores will be hidden in order to prevent premature calculation of averages and thus potential final scores and rankings. You will still receive your rankings for the following rounds, but without your scores you won't truly know how close the competition truly is. In past seasons we've seen an entire round of scores separated by no more than a single point!

Interestingly enough, in this last round of public score reveals until our live finale, we have quite the results show for you. Much like how Beyoncé shook up the music industry and expectations with COWBOY CARTER, y'all really shook up the results table this round! This should make for a very exciting and even playing field going into the next phase of the tournament. :duca:

F7hXVrn.png

The results for Round 3's Country Renaissance challenge are in! This round was another success; with an average score of almost 8. It appears Beyoncé's critical acclaim followed you here! :gayoncecat3:

Our first batch of top ten country classics fell below the 8 average score. Whether we felt it wasn't a perfect match for the brief, or we simply wanted more material, y'all still did very well:

Spoiler

At #10 we have @djcalpal with a score of 5.833 for "The Only One".

At #9 we have hurricane326 with a score of 6.667 for "Do Good".

At #8 we have @Armani? with a score of 7.667 for "Tupelo".

At #7 we have @Legend E with a score of 7.75 for "This Town".

I want to thank all of you for trying something new in this country songwriting round. Hopefully you enjoyed the experience! 🤠

Our next batch of writers all scored within the 8-9 range, which is... actually everyone else this round! What a solid effort from you all. First are this round's "middle three", if you will:

Spoiler

At #6 we have @Ya Ya with a score of 8.25 for "Buried"!

At #5 we have @Augmented with a score of 8.333 for "Pure Devotion"!

At #4 we have @Prisoner with a score of 8.567 for "The Biggest Party In The Universe"!

Well done on these smash hits! You may have just fallen outside of the top three this time, but these are all fantastic scores for equally fantastic songs. :clap3:

Which means our top three for the Country Renaissance round are @helpthomas, @Jackson, and @Weld_E! One seasoned pro and two newcomers, we love to see it. In third place...

Spoiler

:3rdplace: At #3, earning a Bronze Hit Token, we have @Weld_E with a score of 8.6 for "Space Cowboy"! :3rdplace:

Congratulations on earning your first top three hit, and Hit Token! Your song was definitely one of my personal favourites this round, and I'm glad to see you near the top. :worship2:

Which of course means our top two of the round are @Jackson and @helpthomas. A GH triple threat (winner, judge, and co-host extraordinaire) vs. a GH newbie. We know how this went last time...

Spoiler

:2ndplace: At #2, earning a Silver Hit Token, we have @Jackson with a score of 8.75 for "Tumbleweed"! :2ndplace:

:1stplace: At #1, earning a Golden Hit Token, we have @helpthomas with a score of 8.917 for "Hear Me Out"! :1stplace:

Congratulations helpthomas on achieving a #1 smash hit! I knew you were one to watch from Round 1, so I'm not at all surprised to see you here. You were the first to submit, but honestly we just couldn't get past how fantastically your song captured the essence of what we were looking for from this round. Well done! :gayoncecat3:

As for Jackson, congratulations on adding yet another smash hit to your repertoire so effortlessly. Fun fact: you were actually #1 at one point in this round, so you can add that to your credit. I believe this is actually your first Silver Hit Token too, so well done on adding another unique artefact to your collection. Now you just need to go for the Bronze!

...and that wraps up our third results show! Congratulations to everyone, and remember that the next results show will NOT have scores revealed publicly until the live finale, only your rankings.

The top three will have their Hit Tokens created and posted here in the thread before the conclusion of Round 4's deadline. 🧑‍⚖️

You have a little over 3 days to submit for the "Judge's Choice" challenge. Hopefully we see representation across all challenges!

mNByy5S.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

NO WAYYYY wowsies!!! thank you!!! :jonny2::jonny2::jonny2::jonny2::jonny2::jonny2:

• Like 5

Not my top score so far being country:suburban:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you!! So thrilled to do so well for a song that came to me at the last minute in the shower, but I'm glad the inspiration hit me when it did. Also, I think this is my second silver token if you count the 2022 holiday round. 

Also congrats on your first #1 @helpthomas! Country king :jonny2:

• Like 3

My chart run has been 5-4-3 thus far :jonny5: I am coming for that top spot!

Thank you judges.

Why will the scores of next round not be revealed until the finale though? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jackson said:

Also, I think this is my second silver token if you count the 2022 holiday round.

Ah right, so second #2, but first actual Silver Hit Token. :eli:

52 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

My chart run has been 5-4-3 thus far :jonny5: I am coming for that top spot!

Thank you judges.

Why will the scores of next round not be revealed until the finale though? 

The steady incline. :jonny5: Coming for Silver next round, then Gold, then the title! :jonny3:

As far as the bolded is concerned, that's just how the Golden Hit format has always worked. We reveal scores for rounds 1-3, then save scores for rounds 4-6 until the finale so there's no spoilers of who the winner is:

8 hours ago, Aurora said:

For our first time players, this will be the last time your scores will be publicly announced until the season's finale. As we move into the second half of the tournament, scores will be hidden in order to prevent premature calculation of averages and thus potential final scores and rankings. You will still receive your rankings for the following rounds, but without your scores you won't truly know how close the competition truly is. In past seasons we've seen an entire round of scores separated by no more than a single point!

14 hours ago, Armani? said:

Not my top score so far being country:suburban:

Same 

:suburban:

• Haha 1

Thank you for the reviews and score :heart:

Not sure if I will be back but enjoyed my brief return 

• Like 1

QEYvtHN.png

F7hXVrn.png

Rank Writer Song Title Score
1 @helpthomas Hear Me Out 8.917
2 @Jackson Tumbleweed 8.75
3 @Weld_E Space Cowboy 8.6
4 @Prisoner The Biggest Party In The Universe 8.567
5 @Augmented Pure Devotion 8.333
6 @Ya Ya Buried 8.25
7 @Legend E This Town 7.75
8 @Armani? Tupelo 7.667
9 hurricane326 Do Good 6.667
10 @djcalpal The Only One 5.833

mNByy5S.png

QEYvtHN.png

It's time to present the top three of last round's Country Renaissance challenge with their bonus prizes: the Hit Tokens!

I've reviewed the requests from our trio of top writers for the week, and done my best to grant them for embossment.

:gayoncecat3:

Celebrating a third place triumph with "Space Cowboy" and its 8.6 score:

OzuQjKE.pngdf36LmU.png

Here is your Bronze Hit Token embossed with your ATRL username and a space cowboy. :3rdplace:

Congratulations! This is your first Hit Token of S6, and first Hit Token of Golden Hit overall! :lee:

Celebrating a second place success with "Tumbleweed" and its 8.75 score:

bZgN5ZZ.pngXUVUf4F.png

Here is your Silver Hit Token embossed with your ATRL username and Kacey Musgraves (Deeper Well era). :2ndplace:

Congratulations! This is your second Hit Token of S6, and eighth Hit Token of Golden Hit overall! :lee:

Celebrating a first place finish with "Hear Me Out" and its 8.917 score:

m1bNmy4.pngDURRHuQ.png

Here is your Golden Hit Token embossed with your ATRL username and a fleur-de-lis. :1stplace:

Congratulations! This is your first Hit Token of S6, and first Hit Token of Golden Hit overall! :lee:

I hope you all enjoy your Hit Tokens as much as I did making them! Feel free to use them as a forum avatar if you wish, or just let them be a reminder of your time in Golden Hit—ultimately the choice is yours, and if for whatever reason you are dissatisfied with your token or simply wish to change the embossed graphic/text please contact me and I can arrange a remake. Remember, the top three writers of each round will earn their own Hit Token just like the three above, so make sure to submit each week for the best chance to claim one of these bonus prizes. :lee:

mNByy5S.png

• Like 2

QEYvtHN.png

️Round 4 Deadline Reminder

Quick reminder for everyone that the deadline for Round 4's Judge's Choice challenge is fast approaching! As of this post you have a little over 24 hours.

Currently we only have one submission for the challenge, so if you're interested in snatching an easy Hit Token this might be the perfect round to do just that!

This has been a busy week for the Games section, so a small extension may be granted if we don't see at least half a dozen submissions before the deadline.

• ATRL Moderator

oh we'd love an extension

ok the token is GORGEOUS wow

and i also think an extension would be good! 

• Thanks 1

Yeah an extension would be nice (though i always submit after the deadline anyways shhh :clack:

Submitted for this round because my mind is like if I don't write about the sun I will die

• Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator

Sent, flopped.

34dlDi5-Imgur.thumb.gif.d8c68220d13f7ff2

• Haha 1

Yeah imma need a day maybe :rip:

Just submitted! Judges please confirm receiving my submission.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Weld_E said:

Just submitted! Judges please confirm receiving my submission.

You're good.

I have entries from hurricane326, OreGuy, Kylie Jenner, Legend E, Armani, and Weld_E. :clap3: I'll most likely be busy tomorrow so I will read your entries now and post my reviews in the next few hours. If anyone still wants to submit after this time, that's fine, and I'll add your review and tag you when I get the opportunity.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.