Golden Hit: Season 6 🪷 Congrats to Legend E! 🏆

Aurora

QEYvtHN.png

After six seasons, six challenges, and almost two months, it's finally time to announce the WINNER of Golden Hit: Season 6. 🪷

Below will be a collapse tag containing the name of the WINNER of Golden Hit. And yes, you will have to scroll to work for it.

Spoiler

Nope, not here!

Spoiler

Still not here!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Wait, scroll up, I think you missed one?

Spoiler

Huh, I almost got you, didn't I?

Spoiler

Okay, so plot twist: fountain has been competing this whole time and their scores have been kept a SECRET?! But how did they do....

Spoiler

OK that was another lie... the winner will be in the next collapse tag (I promise...)

Spoiler

:1stplace: #1 @Legend E :1stplace:
🪷 Butterfly, You Give Me Butterflies 🦋 Baby Cherry 🍃 This Town 🤠 Battery 🧑‍⚖️ Portals 🎼 Santorini of my Dreams 🌟
You can't spell Legend E without LEGEND!!! Congratulations on winning the sixth season of Golden Hit! You've been a consistent force since Golden Hit's inaugural season, judged a full season and holiday special, scored multiple Hit Token-earning smash hits, and now you can add WINNER to your Golden Hit résumé! This has hands down been your most consistent season in terms of quality—I feel like in the past you've had a tendency to have one or two off weeks, which I did consider the "best five of six" average formula may have worked in your favor, but you didn't even need that—even your lowest scoring song was higher than others' discarded scores, and you would have won this season from the average of all of your songs regardless. You've submitted some of your best songs ever, and some of my personal favorite submissions for Golden Hit of all time. "Baby Cherry" ain't the Song of the Season for nothing! Congratulations once again, you deserve every bit of this win, legend!

Rank Writer Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5 Round 6 Average (T5) Average (All)
1 @Legend E 8.51 9.5 7.75 8.667 8.1 9.283 8.812 8.635

Hpz5ib4.png

:2ndplace: #2 @Prisoner :2ndplace:
🪷 He'll be dancing on his roof, all alone 🦋 Mount of Calvary 🍃 The Biggest Party In The Universe 🤠 Village Drums 🧑‍⚖️ The Final Dance 🎼 Defeated, But!!! 🌟
Two-time ATRL writing tournament winner almost becoming a three-time ATRL writing tournament winner, now that's what I call talent. :jonny: This was hands down your best season of Golden Hit yet, and the effort you put into this season showed. You were one of the few who submitted every week, overcoming obstacles at times to do so. You snatched your first #1 song of the Golden Hit era this season, served us an incredible protest anthem alongside a cohesive narrative EP, and never compromised your artistic integrity. You stomped! Congratulations, and always look forward to seeing more from you.

Rank Writer Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5 Round 6 Average (T5) Average (All)
2 @Prisoner 7.567 7.75 8.567 8.667 9.125 9.1 8.642 8.463

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Prisoner

• OreGuy

it is NEAR :jonny5:

oh yay it didn't flop x

3 minutes ago, Aurora said:

QEYvtHN.png

After six seasons, six challenges, and almost two months, it's finally time to announce the WINNER of Golden Hit: Season 6. 🪷

Below will be a collapse tag containing the name of the WINNER of Golden Hit. And yes, you will have to scroll to work for it.

Hide contents

Nope, not here!

Hide contents

Still not here!

Hide contents

Hide contents

Wait, scroll up, I think you missed one?

Hide contents

Huh, I almost got you, didn't I?

Hide contents

Okay, so plot twist: fountain has been competing this whole time and their scores have been kept a SECRET?! But how did they do....

Hide contents

OK that was another lie... the winner will be in the next collapse tag (I promise...)

Hide contents

#1 @Legend E
🪷 Butterfly, You Give Me Butterflies 🦋 Baby Cherry 🍃 This Town 🤠 Battery 🧑‍⚖️ Portals 🎼 Santorini of my Dreams 🌟
You can't spell Legend E without LEGEND!!! Congratulations on winning the sixth season of Golden Hit! You've been a consistent force since Golden Hit's inaugural season, judged a full season and holiday special, scored multiple Hit Token-earning smash hits, and now you can add WINNER to your Golden Hit résumé! This has hands down been your most consistent season in terms of quality—I feel like in the past you've had a tendency to have one or two off weeks, which I did consider the "best five of six" average formula may have worked in your favor, but you didn't even need that—even your lowest scoring song was higher than others' discarded scores, and you would have won this season from the average of all of your songs regardless. You've submitted some of your best songs ever, and some of my personal favorite submissions for Golden Hit of all time. "Baby Cherry" ain't the Song of the Season for nothing! Congratulations once again, you deserve every bit of this win, legend!

bMlXXCW.png

#2 @Prisoner
🪷 He'll be dancing on his roof, all alone 🦋 Mount of Calvary 🍃 The Biggest Party In The Universe 🤠 Village Drums 🧑‍⚖️ The Final Dance 🎼 Defeated, But!!! 🌟
Two-time ATRL writing tournament winner almost becoming a three-time ATRL writing tournament winner, now that's what I call talent. :jonny: This was hands down your best season of Golden Hit yet, and the effort you put into this season showed. You were one of the few who submitted every week, overcoming obstacles at times to do so. You snatched your first #1 song of the Golden Hit era this season, served us an incredible protest anthem alongside a cohesive narrative EP, and never compromised your artistic integrity. You stomped! Congratulations, and always look forward to seeing more from you.

OMG CONGRATS @Legend E and @Prisoner. Like, literal legends to this competition. :clap3: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

also the spoilers kinda fooled me twice nnn i did scroll up and thought fountain did compete :deadbanana2:

• Haha 2

Ahhh the biggest of congratulations! :heart2: :clap3:

• Like 1

Congrats to the slayful top 2 :clap3:

The fact neither of them are here. :toofunny2: But yes congratulations to our iconic top two! Neither had anything to prove at this point in their writing journeys, and yet still decided to slay. :clap3: We love two icons.

• Like 1

Yathhhhhh LEGEND E :jonny5:

QEYvtHN.png

6JItawz.png

Rank Writer Song Title Score
1 @Legend E Santorini of my Dreams 9.283
2 @Prisoner Defeated, But!!! 9.1
3 hurricane326 My Love 8.9
4 @Rotunda The Proposal 7.833
5 @OreGuy i'm so happy you're here 7.733
6 @helpthomas Paradise Eternally 7.417

mNByy5S.png

• Like 1

QEYvtHN.png

Golden Hit: Season 6 🪷 Final Season Chart

Rank Writer Song Title Score Peak Round
1 Legend E Baby Cherry 9.5 1 2
2 Rotunda Heavenly Father 9.417 2 2
3 Legend E Santorini of my Dreams 9.283 1 6
4 Jackson Paper Wings 9.167 1 1
5 Prisoner The Final Dance 9.125 1 5
6 Prisoner Defeated, But!!! 9.1 2 6
7 OreGuy !!!Cyberspacecutie^-^pie:3 9.083 1 4
8 Rotunda Twentysomething 9.017 2 1
9 hurricane326 Fade to Black 9 2 5
10 helpthomas Hear Me Out 8.917 1 3
11 hurricane326 My Love 8.9 3 6
helpthomas Far Away
OreGuy Whispers
14 Kylie Jenner I Went To A Party 8.833 3 2
15 Jackson Tumbleweed 8.75 2 3
Weld_E April's Fool
4 2
Legend E Battery
Prisoner Village Drums
19 Weld_E Space Cowboy 8.6 3 3
20 Weld_E Holley Hoetal (Cum inside) 8.583 4 4
21 Prisoner The Biggest Party In The Universe 8.567 4 3
22 Legend E Butterfly, You Give Me Butterflies 8.51 3 1
23 Kylie Jenner Find Some Sun 8.417 5 4
helpthomas Try
4 1
Augmented Pure Devotion 5 3
26 Invisibility Whiff of Whiskey 8.317 6 4
27 Rotunda Buried 8.25 6 3
28 Invisibility Flavors of Life 8.167 5 2
29 OreGuy A Regretful Son 8.117 6 2
30 Legend E Portals 8.1 5 5
31 hurricane326 Cityscape 7.9 7 4
32 Rotunda The Proposal 7.833 4 6
Prisoner Mount of Calvary
7 2
Legend E This Town 7 3
35 OreGuy i'm so happy you're here 7.733 5 6
36 hurricane326 The Edge 7.683 5 1
37 Weld_E The Dragon and the Butterfly 7.677 6 1
38 Armani Tupelo 7.667 8 3
39 AccioMiley Philly 7.583 7 1
40 Invisibility Glass Pain 7.573 8 1
41 Prisoner He'll be dancing on his roof, all alone 7.567 9 1
42 Weld_E Vows to Veils 7.55 6 5
43 helpthomas Paradise Eternally 7.417 6 6
44 Armani Firestarter 7.35 8 4
45 Rotunda Perfect Match 7.333 9 4
46 OreGuy A Butterfly's Thorax 7.267 10 1
47 helpthomas Hey Mom 7.25 8 2
48 AccioMiley Best friends 7.083 9 2
49 Kern (stupidjock) Digital Butterfly 7.05 11 1
50 worldwide angel i miss you 6.99 12 1
51 blastoisebaby Cocoon 6.977 13 1
52 Armani Butterflies 6.89 14 1
53 djcalpal A Little Butterfly 6.807 15 1
54 beatinglikeadrum Psyche 6.767 16 1
55 Armani Mother Earth 6.75 10 2
56 hurricane326 Do Good 6.667 9 3
57 hurricane326 Twenty-three 6.583 11 2
58 Julia Fox wedding gowns made of clouds 6.277 17 1
59 djcalpal The Only One 5.833 10 3

mNByy5S.png

• Like 1

to our wonderful host @Aurora. Thank you sooo much for doing all this visual work bc they are truly good. Thanks for hosting! And to our judges @Hug and @Hey Dude (can't tag nn), thank you so much for the patience of watching and advising us to grow. :heart: til next time, babes :heart:

• Thanks 1

QEYvtHN.png

Golden Hit: Season 6 🪷 Final Season Average Chart

3 @Rotunda 9.017 9.417 8.25 7.333 0 7.833 8.37 6.975
@OreGuy 7.267 8.117 0 9.083 8.875 7.733
@Weld_E 7.677 8.667 8.6 8.583 7.55 0
6 @helpthomas 8.333 7.25 8.917 0 8.875 7.417 8.158 6.799
7 hurricane326 7.683 6.583 6.667 7.9 9 8.9 8.03 7.789
8 @Armani? 6.89 6.75 7.667 7.35 0 0 5.731 4.776
9 @Invisibility 7.573 8.167 0 8.317 0 0 4.811 4.009
10 @Jackson 9.167 0 8.75 0 0 0 3.583 2.986
11 @Kylie Jenner 0 8.833 0 8.417 0 0 3.45 2.875
12 @AccioMiley 7.583 7.083 0 0 0 0 2.933 2.444
13 @djcalpal 6.807 0 5.833 0 0 0 2.528 2.107
14 @Augmented 0 0 8.333 0 0 0 1.667 1.389
15 @Kern (stupidjock) 7.05 0 0 0 0 0 1.41 1.175
16 @worldwide angel 6.99 0 0 0 0 0 1.398 1.165
17 @blastoisebaby 6.977 0 0 0 0 0 1.395 1.163
18 @beatinglikeadrum 6.767 0 0 0 0 0 1.353 1.128
19 @Julia Fox 6.277 0 0 0 0 0 1.255 1.046

mNByy5S.png

11 minutes ago, OreGuy said:

to our wonderful host @Aurora. Thank you sooo much for doing all this visual work bc they are truly good. Thanks for hosting! And to our judges @Hug and @Hey Dude (can't tag nn), thank you so much for the patience of watching and advising us to grow. :heart: til next time, babes :heart:

Thank you so much. :heart: Honestly, hosting this game brings me so much joy and just seeing the final season charts and all of those songs, that art that has been created in the past two months by y'all because of this game... makes everything all worth it. I love seeing writers who have slayed in the past slay again, I love seeing writers who have shown potential in the past finally hit their stride, I love seeing brand new writers blow us away, and I love seeing writers who don't quite hit the highest of highs but that have real potential because I know they're going to crush it in a future season. Essentially, if you play this game, I'm grateful!

• Like 2

Yes much love to the hosts 

• Thanks 1

QEYvtHN.png

Golden Hit: Season 6 🪷 Finalities and Future 

And with that, another season of Golden Hit has come to a close. Thank you all so much for playing—to the new and returning writers alike. I know we say this every season, but there really is no game without writers like you who are brave and bold enough to put yourselves out there, subjecting yourselves to criticism on your own creativity from a bunch of strangers online. While we always try to have something positive and constructive to say, sometimes we don't always get it right. But we always try our best! We typically strive to have at least three sets of critiques to maximise beneficial feedback, and unfortunately this season @Hiatus was unable to contribute reviews due to personal reasons, but they did provide scores each week. We will endeavour to ensure the next season of Golden Hit maximises the feedback available to all players!

Fortunately this season, we saw very little kickback, although the typical drop in submissions as the game progressed was observed once again. While we don't have an official survey or questionnaire following the completion of this season, if you do have any feedback you'd elect to provide to us regarding what you liked or didn't enjoy about the season, or potential ideas to keep engagement consistent from Round 1 all the way through to the finale, we'd love to hear it. You may reach out to me privately either via ATRL DM or on Discord.

Regarding the future of Golden Hit, I definitely imagine there will be a seventh season of Golden Hit coming at some point this year! Unfortunately I cannot say when, but I imagine it will be later in the year, perhaps either late Q3 or Q4. I know this may be upsetting news to some of you (namely @Julianna Calm Down), however we'd love to see you replay Golden Hit: Season 6 on your own terms and timeline in the ATRL Songwriter's Studio! Remember, the purpose of this thread is to share what you're up to creatively year-round, without needing to wait for a new season of Golden Hit for inspiration to strike. It can also be a good way to practice and try new things and get some preliminary feedback before the next season begins. I will update the OP of that thread shortly with updated winner information.

Lastly, the main reason why I believe the next season of Golden Hit will not be coming within the next few months is that I am currently in the development stage of a brand new tournament unlike anything ATRL has seen*—The Amazing Race ATRL (or TARA for short). Based on the popular reality series, The Amazing Race ATRL will see teams of two participate in a race around the world, completing daring and difficult tasks designed to showcase the region's culture and traditions. It will be a hybrid game, primarily hosted on Discord, with sign-ups and episode recaps posted on ATRL. I am currently programming a custom Discord bot that will allow racers to play each leg at a time convenient to each team—no need to wake up at an awkward time due to your timezone, or miss out on the fun due to your working/studying schedule! This game is still in the very early development stages, but I hope to have it ready to launch sometime this year. Feel free to reach out for any updates if you're interested in the concept of this new adventure! Until then, here's a preview of the logo that will be used throughout the game:

M8uSInF.png

*There was a version of this hosted on ATRL back in 2019, however the host abandoned it after three legs. This version will be a lot more immersive and intricate, and hopefully a lot of fun!

Well that's enough #selfpromo from me. Hopefully this season has been a rewarding experience for many of you, and as always we look forward to seeing in in the next one.

Thank you to my wonderful co-host @Hug for stepping up to the plate and helping curate this season's aesthetic, challenges, and overall positive morale. Happy Hitmaking!

mNByy5S.png

• Like 3

• ATRL Moderator

Thank you so much for all of this, it means so much to me. I was hesistant to participate after I flopped in the only round of Platinum(?) Hit I ever played. Thankfully, I've come a long way since that. Congrats to everyone else for their slayage this season. Thank you to Aurora and Hug (and PoKi) for hosting and judging! I'm really happy about this :weeps:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

QEYvtHN.png

🪙 Token Showcase 🪙

Hey, Hitmakers! Thank you to anyone who participated in Golden Hit: Season 6 and made this one of our most enjoyable seasons. :heart2:

Before bidding farewell, let's take a final look at some of this season's highest highs, and the judges who made this season possible.

🪷 Season 6 Hosts & Judges 🪷

YfA2NLV.pngfIFrfiA.pnglGnK5Bv.png

🥇 Golden Hit Tokens (#1s) 🥇

euSM1Hl.pngvBzOqLp.pngm1bNmy4.png

D5oOWcp.pngZQFhu8a.pngj4kEQBK.png

🥈 Silver Hit Tokens (#2s) 🥈

dgWkWJt.pngfduuQBR.pngbZgN5ZZ.png

PhVx8UB.pngBwaZJsu.pngnidsrJC.gifENKyqEE.png

🥉 Bronze Hit Tokens (#3s) 🥉

6bovX8E.pngcQoQm1N.pngOzuQjKE.png

qAoQJVw.png5TwcA5D.pngEtX7p5G.png

🌹 Rose Gold Hit Tokens (Loyalty) 🌹

These are typically awarded to recognize writers who submitted during 3 or more rounds without receiving one of the above Hit Tokens.

As this season many writers who met the first criteria already received a token, and we allowed a free week, we relaxed this to 2+ rounds!

sPHHRvP.pngRigxHht.pngUHcrYx3.pngpRZM0Bh.png

mNByy5S.png

On 3/16/2024 at 11:00 AM, Aurora said:

YlQtjpr.png

🦋 Round 1: Butterfly challenge 🦋

🪷 Challenge 🪷

🎶 The Songs of Round 1 🎶

🧑‍⚖️ Reviews: Aurora / Hug 🧑‍⚖️

📀 Results 📀

🏆 Rankings & Scores 🏆

🪙 Top 3 Tokens 🪙

🍃 Round 2: Reason for the Season challenge 🍃

🪷 Challenge 🪷

🎶 The Songs of Round 2 🎶

🧑‍⚖️ Reviews: Aurora / Hug / Hey Dude 🧑‍⚖️

📀 Results 📀

🏆 Rankings & Scores 🏆

🪙 Top 3 Tokens 🪙

🤠 Round 3: Country Renaissance challenge 🤠

🪷 Challenge 🪷

🎶 The Songs of Round 3 🎶

📀 Results 📀

🏆 Rankings & Scores 🏆

🪙 Top 3 Tokens 🪙

🧑‍⚖️ Round 4: Judge's Choice challenge 🧑‍⚖️

🪷 Challenge 🪷

🎶 The Songs of Round 4 🎶

📀 Results 📀

🏆 Rankings & Scores 🏆

🪙 Top 3 Tokens 🪙

🎼 Round 5: Instrumental challenge 🎼

🪷 Challenge 🪷

🎶 The Songs of Round 5 🎶

📀 Results 📀

🏆 Rankings & Scores 🏆

🪙 Top 3 Tokens 🪙

🌟 Round 6: Favorites challenge 🌟

🪷 Challenge 🪷

🎶 The Songs of Round 6 🎶

📀 Results 📀

🏆 Rankings & Scores 🏆

🪙 Top 3 Tokens 🪙

🪷 Season 6 Finale 🪷

📀 Live Finale 📀

🥇 1st Place: Legend E 🥇

📈 Season Chart 📈

📊 Season Averages 📊

🪙 Token Showcase 🪙

🔮 Finalities and Future 🔮

The season timeline is now completely up-to-date with all of the fun from the live finale. If you ever wanted to redo a challenge, recap a score, or relive the finale experience, it's all right here. :butterfly:

Until next season, Hitmakers! :heart:

THANK YOUUUU judges, and everyone who participated! this was so much fun and i can't wait to do this again!!!

now i'd like to do some shameless self promotion of my 8 track mixtape i produced and wrote all by myself :bird:

if you guys ever want to co-write or make music with me hmu! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, helpthomas said:

THANK YOUUUU judges, and everyone who participated! this was so much fun and i can't wait to do this again!!!

now i'd like to do some shameless self promotion of my 8 track mixtape i produced and wrote all by myself :bird:

omg what I've been waiting for :jonny4: lemme listening!

EKp-iYgXUAA4XDE.jpg

Thank you so much guys :heart: actually woke up late and was occupied with work

• Like 1

@helpthomas so good :jonny3: lemme add to my May playlist, "STUPID" was such a bop but so was everything else. :jamming:

Posted (edited)

Ever since SOTS, whenever I wrote for this game, I've always felt like I had to prove myself somehow and was never really able to submit anything much or regularly. It was writer's block or it was my internal judgement thinking the judges will not be impressed by my work after coming off of two season wins. There's literature regarding the value of art where the author opines that the role of a critic is to make the writer better. And while I believe that is true, I had forgotten the other part; that the writer must write for himself as well. 

This season I decided to let it all go and just write for the fun and thrill of it, I did not hope to come out on top 2 and was gonna be satisfied with any rank whatsoever. Even though I believe art and the interpretation/ criticism of art is mostly subjective, still, I thank the judges for believing my work is top 2 two worthy in this prestigious game.

I can't say anything about the future but I legit had great fun writing this season and hope to join in the coming seasons. A big thanks to the two hosts and our beloved judge Poki for this wonderful game. And to my fellow competitors as well, congratulations and thank you, everyone from the new players of this game like Rotunda and Armani, among others, long time players like OreGuy who shot up in the rankings this season, and our amazing winner Legend E who absolutely deserved to win after all these seasons. Thank you. 

Edited by Prisoner
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, helpthomas said:

Wait this is legit. :jonnycat:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.