Golden Hit: Season 6 🪷 Congrats to Legend E! 🏆

Aurora

5 hours ago, helpthomas said:

THANK YOUUUU judges, and everyone who participated! this was so much fun and i can't wait to do this again!!!

now i'd like to do some shameless self promotion of my 8 track mixtape i produced and wrote all by myself :bird:

if you guys ever want to co-write or make music with me hmu! 

I just listened through, this so so good! Especially amazing that you wrote, and in particular produced, this all by your self. It's quality work, you should be very proud! :jonnycat:

ps inappropriate and angelude are too good to be under 2min :fish2:

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Prisoner

• OreGuy

7 hours ago, fountain said:

I just listened through, this so so good! Especially amazing that you wrote, and in particular produced, this all by your self. It's quality work, you should be very proud! :jonnycat:

ps inappropriate and angelude are too good to be under 2min :fish2:

9 hours ago, Prisoner said:

Wait this is legit. :jonnycat:

10 hours ago, Aurora said:

@helpthomas so good :jonny3: lemme add to my May playlist, "STUPID" was such a bop but so was everything else. :jamming:

thank you friends :heart: this made me really happy! i don't really do anything besides sit in the studio and work on music, but it's taken me a while to trust in my projects but now i do and i'm loving what i'm making. i'm releasing so much more music through out 2024, i hope you'll find your way to those songs as well!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Prisoner said:

Ever since SOTS, whenever I wrote for this game, I've always felt like I had to prove myself somehow and was never really able to submit anything much or regularly. It was writer's block or it was my internal judgement thinking the judges will not be impressed by my work after coming off of two season wins. There's literature regarding the value of art where the author opines that the role of a critic is to make the writer better. And while I believe that is true, I had forgotten the other part; that the writer must write for himself as well. 

This season I decided to let it all go and just write for the fun and thrill of it, I did not hope to come out on top 2 and was gonna be satisfied with any rank whatsoever. Even though I believe art and the interpretation/ criticism of art is mostly subjective, still, I thank the judges for believing my work is top 2 two worthy in this prestigious game.

I can't say anything about the future but I legit had great fun writing this season and hope to join in the coming seasons. A big thanks to the two hosts and our beloved judge Poki for this wonderful game. And to my fellow competitors as well, congratulations and thank you, everyone from the new players of this game like Rotunda and Armani, among others, long time players like OreGuy who shot up in the rankings this season, and our amazing winner Legend E who absolutely deserved to win after all these seasons. Thank you. 

You have absolutely nothing to prove. :clap3: Looking back at the records, this is the first season you've committed to every round since GH's debut, where you ranked 8th overall with an 8+ score in a highly competitive season (this season's winner, Legend E, ranked 9th in that very same season!) Golden Hit really is a marathon, not a sprint. We've seen many writers start out strong and then burnout in the later rounds. You were the exact opposite of that this season, improving your score every single round, with your Round 6 submission scoring basically on par with your acclaimed #1 in Round 5. Your trajectory this season from good to great to best really was one for the books. :worship2:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, helpthomas said:

thank you friends :heart: this made me really happy! i don't really do anything besides sit in the studio and work on music, but it's taken me a while to trust in my projects but now i do and i'm loving what i'm making. i'm releasing so much more music through out 2024, i hope you'll find your way to those songs as well!

what do I have to do to have this life

no but seriously, congrats on the mixtape man, you have a bright future ahead of you!

I was gunning for top 3 but 4 isn't bad. I am not a songwriter but I love to write all sorts of fiction, and joined the game expand and sharpen my writing skills. It was challenging at times but thats what I liked most. I was pushed outside my comfort zone and forced to explore new styles. I am happy with some of the pieces I submitted, but appreciate the whole experience nonetheless.

Thank you judges for your time and effort!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hey everyone :smile:
I want to thank all of you who stuck around for this season. This is one of my favorite ATRL games so I'm happy to see it's still alive.
I was away from ATRL for a while which meant no reviews from me. It's a decision I had to make but you can be sure that I did have scores for each round.  
I'm not so great with words so to finish off, here are some last thoughts for who joined us in the last two rounds:

@Legend E
   :clap: :1stplace: :clap:
Your lyrics about Cherry is my favorite of the season, I'm happy it's the overall #1 track of the season and I am happy for you! I love how much you put into the backstories of your tracks.

@Prisoner
   :clap: :2ndplace: :clap:
My God is an awesome God is my favorite line this season and Village Drums is also one of my favorite tracks of this season. I love how much warmth you ooze in your lyrics.

@Rotunda
    :clap::3rdplace::clap:
I love the consistency of themes in your lyrics, and how at the same time the tracks stand out on their own, in particular Heavenly Father's double interpretation.

@OreGuy
   :clap::clap::clap:
Whispers was a track that scored very good in my book! Cyberspace was a very unique track that I think could be a cool theme to further build on in the future.

@Weld_E
April's Fool is a track that I really liked, and overall I like how much effort you put into every track that you sent in between the stories and structures you tell.

@helpthomas
It's really cool that you have a music career! One of my dreams. Hear Me Out stood out the most to me this season and I hope to see you in future seasons.

Hurricane326
I like your creative sources of inspiration for your lyrics and the fact that you didn't stop after round 2 and instead chose to push yourself onward with each new round, which paid off in rounds 5 & 6 :crown:

And I would like to thank everyone who joined us for earlier rounds as well. I hope you'll be able to join in future seasons as well. :smile:

And of course thank you @Aurora @Hug for this season :smile:

Edited by Hiatus
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Hiatus said:

@OreGuy
Whispers was a track that scored very good in my book! Cyberspace was a very unique track that I think could be a cool theme to further build on in the future.

Thanks, babes :jonny5: Thanks for liking Whispers. I feel like that's where I'm best at, writing over an instrumental, so I appreciate that you liked it. :heart:

• ATRL Moderator

Happy to have you back @Hiatus. Thank you so much for the nice comment :heart:

15 hours ago, Hiatus said:

My God is an awesome God is my favorite line this season and Village Drums is also one of my favorite tracks of this season. I love how much warmth you ooze in your lyrics.

Omg thank you. That line and the entire entry came out of a drunken session, but it was the one of most fun moments i had writing this season so I'm glad it resonated with someone. I also made up my mind with that entry that I was gonna commit the entire season so yeah :jonnycat: 

5 hours ago, Armani? said:

We getting the overall leader board this round?

Wrong game thread? :laugh:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.