Golden Hit: Season 6 🪷 R5 Instrumentals (pg. 14) 🎼 R4 Tokens (pg. 15) 🪙

Aurora

QEYvtHN.png

Welcome, writers! We're so excited to be bringing Golden Hit into 2024 with this sensational sixth season.
The Northern Hemisphere is currently in springtime, and we hope to look to the season to inspire you all.

Without further ado, let me introduce you all to the first round of Season 6...

89WkkWr.png

Spring has sprung, and what better way to take inspiration from the season than to look to nature? In this inspiration challenge, the only requirement is for your songs to feature butterflies. Symbolizing positive change, transformation, and rebirth, butterflies are a wonderful source of inspiration for our first challenge of 2024.

There are many ways to meet this criteria, suited to both literal and metaphorical writing styles. For example, you may choose to integrate the idiom, "butterflies in my stomach,” or delve into chaos theory's butterfly effect. Perhaps instead you will write a song inspired by the process of metamorphosis, or opt for a simple song that utilizes butterflies in a memorable way within your song's lyrics.

Songs due via Google Form submission by Thu. Mar 21, 11:59PM EST

This challenge is relatively straightforward, but please let us know if you require any clarification. The top three submissions will earn their writers a Hit Token, so make sure to submit for your chance at one of those. If you have not yet signed up for Golden Hit: Season 6, that's fine! Just submit an entry and we'll add you to the sign-ups list.

mNByy5S.png

• Like 1

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Prisoner

• Hug

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

I think I can squeeze one more hit out.

:ryan3:

Oh, I think so too. :jonny5:

Updated sign-ups list for new page:

Season 6 Hitmakers
1. Legend E
2. Jack!
3. beatinglikeadrum
4. punisher
5. Jackson
6. AccioMiley
7. Rotunda
8. worldwide angel
9. helpthomas
10. stupidjock
11. Nashe
12. Julia Fox
13. Ian (blastoisebaby)
14. Armani
15. fountain
16. Lana Banana
17. Lorenzo22
18. JonginBey
(cont.)

• Thanks 1

Ok but how could I top the 2018 Kacey Musgraves masterpiece? 

Lemme begin brainstorming how I can incorporate these little critters :celestial2:

Perhaps I will channel Cowboy Carter and start my country era with the hit “16 Butterflies” 

• Haha 1

So this is practically a poetry competition then right? Cause where are the songs and melodies and chord placements etc?

1 hour ago, Jackson said:

Ok but how could I top the 2018 Kacey Musgraves masterpiece? 

Don't forget this masterpiece!

53 minutes ago, fountain said:

Lemme begin brainstorming how I can incorporate these little critters :celestial2:

Perhaps I will channel Cowboy Carter and start my country era with the hit “16 Butterflies” 

You may be ahead of your time again with this one I fear (and this time listen to my hint nn). 🤠

32 minutes ago, Great808 said:

So this is practically a poetry competition then right? Cause where are the songs and melodies and chord placements etc?

Some see it as such, yes. While I recognise there is a lot of overlap with poetry and what this tournament calls for, I wouldn't say it's as straightforward as that. You could certainly submit a poem and see how you fare. Personally, I think what separates a poem from a song's lyrics (in many but not all cases) is the technique and approach. Song lyrics often have repeating sections (pre-choruses, choruses etc.) and often differ structurally from conventional poems. There's really no "right" or "wrong" way to go about this game though, so if you are considering submitting an entry, just do whatever you feel like and when the time comes the judges will let you know what they think of your approach to the task.

Occasionally, we will have writers submit recorded/produced demos alongside their lyrics too, however this is both completely optional and not taken into account when scoring/ranking. But if that's something you're able and willing to do, we'd always encourage that.

• Thanks 1

Another butterfly-inspired masterpiece. :jonny5:

• Like 1

Good luck everyone :1stplace:

To our new members: don't be afraid to get creative, step out of your comfort zone and try all sorts of ideas. Push yourself harder with each new track. An idea backfired and you scored low / last in a round? No problem, the lower you fall the higher you can rise. Keep your chin up. You got this, bro. Trust.

IyQOLGR.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ready to participate, third time promising I'm completing a full season (see seasons 4 and 5) is the charm after all

I'm OOTL who's this man in your avi judge @Hey Dude I AM looking

I-guess-its-too-bad-that-everything-we-have-is-taken-away.thumb.gif.e450442297717a0543f6f6bc45ab82ed.gif

• Like 2

Season 6 Hitmakers
1. Legend E
2. Jack!
3. beatinglikeadrum
4. punisher
5. Jackson
6. AccioMiley
7. Rotunda
8. worldwide angel
9. helpthomas
10. stupidjock
11. Nashe
12. Julia Fox
13. Ian (blastoisebaby)
14. Armani
15. fountain
16. Lana Banana
17. Lorenzo22
18. JonginBey
19. hurricane326 (already submitted :jonny2:)
20. Invisibility

(cont.)

• Like 2

Season 6 Hitmakers
1. Legend E
2. Jack!
3. beatinglikeadrum
4. punisher
5. Jackson
6. AccioMiley
7. Rotunda
8. worldwide angel
9. helpthomas
10. stupidjock
11. Nashe
12. Julia Fox
13. Ian (blastoisebaby)
14. Armani
15. fountain
16. Lana Banana
17. Lorenzo22
18. JonginBey
19. hurricane326 
20. Invisibility

21. Weld_E

(cont.)

• Like 1

Are we getting a detailed prompt or is it just “Butterfly”?

Aaaaand sent... :gaycat5: Feels good to be very early and on time this time!

Built up this idea from a song title I had in drafts for like a year, and wrote it down through a different lens which was difficult, but I'm proud of the result :party:

Hope the panel finds much to say about....

Glass Pain

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

Are we getting a detailed prompt or is it just “Butterfly”?

That's the only prompt for the first round. As the game progresses the challenges typically get more specific, or require combining multiple elements of a challenge prompt. Since this is our first game in a few months we wanted to start with something light and easy, and open to interpretation. As long as there's some semblance of butterfly representation in your submission (however linear or abstract that may be), you can write literally anything you want. :celestial2:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Invisibility said:

Aaaaand sent... :gaycat5: Feels good to be very early and on time this time!

Built up this idea from a song title I had in drafts for like a year, and wrote it down through a different lens which was difficult, but I'm proud of the result :party:

Hope the panel finds much to say about....

Glass Pain

The swift. :jonny4: Ready to throw myself into "Glass Pain"!

• ATRL Moderator

Ok but how could I top the 1997 Mariah Carey masterpiece? 

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator

cute theme tho! loves it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Aurora said:

To the two users who do not wish to participate—noted, you will be removed from all future seasons' sign-ups tag lists. Thank you and best of luck in your endeavours. :smiley:

Hoping things get better for you soon and you can see your family! I'm sure that'll make for quite the reunion when it happens. We're always here for you. :hughard:

Well... what will it be? Can we expect to see you back this season? :duca:

Thank you :hug:

I will be seeing them at the end of the month for a few days. 

Two weeks after that I will be travelling for work again :rip: 

Btw, I still haven't received a salary increase. According to my colleague the increase will be around 2%-3%... which is basically nothing. :skull:

• Like 1

I will never top this masterpiece so why even bother...?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XO_Life said:

Btw, I still haven't received a salary increase. According to my colleague the increase will be around 2%-3%... which is basically nothing. :skull:

You're such a hard working king. :jonny5:Hang in there, it will all pay off I speak it into existence. :alexz:

• Thanks 1

How about some rap inspiration for @punisher? :eli:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aurora said:

How about some rap inspiration for @punisher? :eli:

hold awnn- :jamming: 

None of us can think of surpassing this classic from the greatest film in the history of the recording arts 

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, XO_Life said:

We miss you! Hope things will set in place in a bit regarding your work and it's nice you can see your family soon!

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.