Scream 7 | Neve Campbell | Kevin Williamson to direct

ConceptD

1 hour ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

horror fans are kinda the most pretentious human beings on earth. The fact that like only 5 horror films are in the A range should tell you enough

does giving something a b+ make someone pretentious? hmm.

from reddit:

9djf8oov4eu91.png?width=465&format=png&a

are conjuring and goosebumps stans pretentious?

Edited by fridayteenage

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Hurem

• Josh

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Just watch, I’m sure they’re gonna have Sam and Tara’s mom be the killer in the 3rd

How on earth does Knock at the cabin have 61 on MC and S6 61? "Critics" are so unbearable 

Also Kirby seemed like a completely different character, but I loved the movie so I’m gonna let it slide 

10 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

Also Kirby seemed like a completely different character, but I loved the movie so I’m gonna let it slide 

Well, people change between the age of 18 and 30. She is not a teenager anymore.

45 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

That was fine for me but she came off drunk in some of her line deliveries :rip:

Spoiler

Especially when she dropped the TV on one of the killers at the end :rip:

12 hours ago, 8thPrince said:

This was better than I’d thought it be, better than 5

three things:

one,

Reveal hidden contents

the lecture this time was even more painful than 5’s and they need to come up with a new niche for Mindy

two

Reveal hidden contents

Three ghostfaces (or rather 2 with an accomplice) was a nice twist even if the people donning the masks made no sense. The Kirby red herring immediately made it obvious that the cop was in on it. In fact I called the cop and daughter would be in on it upon introduction, although the daughter’s fakeout death threw me off (And I don’t understand how he could’ve pulled it off)

Three and most importantly, major flaw in the ending (and where I think they should take Scream 7) was:

Hide contents

…killing the entire family, or AT LEAST the cop, since the daughter forced Sam’s hand and the son was handled by Kirby. The whole reason this iteration of GF started in the first place (and what haunted Sidney post-OG) was the advice that “you make sure the person chasing you is dead” ie “shoot them in the head”. Yes it’s genre savvy advice and makes sense from a preservationist mindset, but Sam almost dies for following this golden rule in this movie and falls back on it again. Anika  dies because she made sure to execute Randy. I think it would be interesting to follow up on this in 7, especially now that it seems like Sam has an affinity for killing: have going this “genocide route” of executing everyone who could threaten you in the future backfire on her. Have her execute the Ghostface in 7 in Act I, only to anger a second Ghostface that kills one of her friends for good. Have Ghostface take advantage of it and have Sam herself stab her friend to death out of fear because Ghostface tied them up in the suit. We’ve played with all sorts of slasher tropes, but the “kill them to make sure” one has remained untouched, it’s time to subvert it, and the movie almost got there.

wait, that's actually brilliant and a fresh twist. 

Instead of Sam going the killer route, she becomes insanely paranoid and GF manages to have her kill one of the core 4 by setting them up as the killer. 

Also, they have a real shot at tying everything up nicely in 7 by having one of the killers/mastermind being their mom. This opens the door for Sydney's return as well, as Sam and Tara's mom definitely knew Sydney from school, they are probably around the same age. And Sydney was dating Billy at the time, and he ended up making Sydney famous, while the side chick got pregnant, then lost her husband and her daughters. 

It's the perfect set up for the final installment which will bring everything and everyone together. Also, maybe she could be revealed as the mastermind behind Amber and Ricky, a la Mrs Loomis. 

it did 19.5M on opening day :clap3:

wow i saw this last night. honestly the best sequel and i thought scream five was kinda mid. haven’t left a cinema wanting to see the movie again for the longest time :jonnycat:

Spoiler

the gale chase scene had me and my friend CLINCHING and YELPING at every close call wheww they really managed to top her scream 2 chase. i didn’t like sam much in scream 5 but she really really elevated her character and acting in this movie. i’m totally invested in her and tara being the final sisters now. 

this movie was a ******* mess just by

gale and the twins getting stabbed multiple times, especially the dude and then surviving

:rip: like the girl was moving normally ahours after the subway stabbing, yikes. 

also the movie may be doing great numbers but its still missing sydney's it factor, these girls dont have it

Edited by FunCoric

When do we change the title to Melissa Barrera’s Scream VI outgrosses Neve Campbell & Jill Roberts’ Scream 4 entire domestic run in one weekend?

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

When do we change the title to Melissa Barrera’s Scream VI outgrosses Neve Campbell & Jill Roberts’ Scream 4 entire domestic run in one weekend?

nobody watched for this woman, if anything it'd be jenna ortega's

Not this having the highest user score on RT of the entire franchise :jonny6:

22 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

spacer.png

Period! Jenna and Malissa are carrying!  Put some respect on the Mexican women’s name!! They didn’t ask to be born Latina’s they just got lucky!

44 minutes ago, FunCoric said:

nobody watched for this woman, if anything it'd be jenna ortega's

Tell that to X's box office numbers sweaty

9873f84b6af6e8044ab72d2858c7588ea013a9a5

Melissa stans getting brave... she did good but concept please change it to Jenna's scream to spite that user dd

23 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Tell that to X's box office numbers sweaty

9873f84b6af6e8044ab72d2858c7588ea013a9a5

in the heigths:

budget: 55m 

box office: 45m

x:

budget: 1m

box office: 15m

keep trolling when that barrera lady embarrasingly doesnt even have 1m followers on instagram

jenna-ortega-wednesday-addams.gif

40 minutes ago, HungryByTheBuffet said:

Melissa stans getting brave... she did good but concept please change it to Jenna's scream to spite that user dd

there’s no reasoning with 18 year olds/internet zoomers they would dead ass look at a bag of onions and say “that’s mother”

Gurl she was hated, bashed and called talentless for a year by toxic fans let us have fun with our praise after she slayed this movie :deadbanana2:

But on a serious note:

Yes Melissa Barrera, yes Success

spacer.png

• ATRL Moderator

Not only did Melissa do the damn thing (everyone did, but especially her) she looked fabulous while doing so. I mean it’s one thing to serve great gowns, beautiful gowns, but to do so with a knockout performance? Whew we have no choice but to stan I fear. 

I really did love everyone in the movie, I think casting really popped off! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.