Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

Are we really going to compare every single release of a female pop star to RO?

It's been a month y'all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, jomarr said:

Are we really going to compare every single release of a female pop star to RO?

It's been a month y'all.

Clowns are clowning ...

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, TayDuaStan said:

To think she could've easily made a much better album with the scraps from the FN era… 

Just listen to the following songs

1. Crocodile Tears

2. Fool's Paradise

3. Fun

4. Who Do You Love? 
5. Good Luck

6. Pressure

7. Firestarter 

8. Better This Way

9. Hard Days

10. Don't Wait For Me

11. When Ur Sober

12. Don't Wait For Me

13. I Wish I Never Met You

Now tell me if this wouldn't sound better & fresher as an album than what we got on RO :mandown:

It wouldn't sound better & fresher as an album than what we got on RO

Santana Lopez Smile GIF

Edited by mike_int
  • Like 1

It's a commercial and critical failure. Nothing's going to change that, let's move on, she's one of the few pop girlies to not get a hit this year and that's okay. The least they can do is move on from Illusion and promote These Walls…..

• Like 3

Oh poor Dua tanked! :weeps:

I kind of see her as a Victoria Beckham type celebrity!  I don't see her being a hard working touring musician anymore.

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: 

Need a MV for Falling Forever, but the fact that she excluded it from the summer shows setlist makes it unlikely :'(

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

It's a commercial and critical failure. Nothing's going to change that, let's move on, she's one of the few pop girlies to not get a hit this year and that's okay. The least they can do is move on from Illusion and promote These Walls…..

She needs to open her TikTok and post videos on there & promote her music, like Sabrina or Billie or Charli are doing. That's our only hope for this era to not end up as a total commercial failure. 

• Confused 2

48 minutes ago, chris1991 said:

Oh poor Dua tanked! :weeps:

I kind of see her as a Victoria Beckham type celebrity!  I don't see her being a hard working touring musician anymore.

Erm she's on stage about now in Croatia, couple of shows in France next week, and then she's doing that intimate little gig two weeks on Friday in a field in Somerset.

8 hours ago, Marry The Gods said:

I tried to give this album another chance but it's just pure shït :weeps:

Can you elaborate? What do you not like about the album Marry The Gods? 

1 hour ago, TayDuaStan said:

She needs to open her TikTok and post videos on there & promote her music, like Sabrina or Billie or Charli are doing. That's our only hope for this era to not end up as a total commercial failure. 

Her tiktoks flopped, she's not really the type of personality gen z prefers, if she wanted she could've used her relationship for publicity just like Sabrina or be quirky like Billie/Charli, her most powerful asset is her voice and just like Adele, she should utilise it!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mike_int said:

It took Sabrina 9 years to have international hit, while Dua already had one ("New Rules") on her first album

Dont be ridiculous ....

Girl I know. I'm just responding to that user saying Please Please Please id flopping when it's clearly smashing Nectarine2.thumb.jpeg.3d00ed462e61c9d0f3

8 hours ago, SpaceOddity said:

No amount of "it's the management's fault" and "well, she's better than Charli, Sabrina, Billie" is going to change the fact this was a **** album that clicked with no one, stop being bitter over other pop girls smashing and accept the fact this was a huge musical mishap and there's no excuses.

Now why do we have haters here? Even this thread is a flop :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, imalinduh said:

Now why do we have haters here? Even this thread is a flop :deadbanana4:

Lol not a hater at all, I love her. This project just wasn't it. Seeing people be bitchy at other artists for no reason to cope with this era is annoying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still stand by this album's quality. There's a solid era inside of it, they just do not care at all. She's lost that hunger.

• Like 1

These mini tour outfits are certainly a choice….:ryan2:

• Like 1

Rise Illusion RISEE!!
Imagen

• Like 2

22 hours ago, IBeMe said:

Honey, Please Please Please is expected to debut in the top 10 next week. Radical Babooshka hasn't gotten a single top 10 Nectarine2.thumb.jpeg.3d00ed462e61c9d0f3 We're DONE DONE Nectarine2.thumb.jpeg.3d00ed462e61c9d0f3

Sabrina is using voodoo magic because espresso is terrorizing my spotify everytime...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Gesi said:

Sabrina is using voodoo magic because espresso is terrorizing my spotify everytime...

Same. Maybe we needed miss self proclaimed Houdini to also pull some voodoo magic...instead she's over here living her best Vancanza Queen life making matcha tea grinds from scratch in a kimono  ezgif.com-video-to-gif(2).thumb.gif.87f9Nectarine2.thumb.jpeg.3d00ed462e61c9d0f3

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Same. Maybe we needed miss self proclaimed Houdini to also pull some voodoo magic...instead she's over here living her best Vancanza Queen life making matcha tea grinds from scratch in a kimono  ezgif.com-video-to-gif(2).thumb.gif.87f9Nectarine2.thumb.jpeg.3d00ed462e61c9d0f3

You're funny, but you know very well that Dua is mature girl, and she doesn't use black magic and personal life for fame. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Gesi said:

You're funny, but you know very well that Dua is mature girl, and she doesn't use black magic and personal life for fame. 

Maybe she should tho Nectarine2.thumb.jpeg.3d00ed462e61c9d0f3

18 hours ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

If she was like Taylor then she would've released the OG mv of Training Season as lead single but thank god, she ain't politically unaware about the fact that the mv would've caused a lot of negative response from her supporters, just a case of bad timing….

Training season as lead single ? Sure cos the no 27 peaking smash would have made things SO much better. 

2 hours ago, Relampago. said:

I still stand by this album's quality. There's a solid era inside of it, they just do not care at all. She's lost that hunger.

This is such a typical stan response when an album flops. 

• Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, Gesi said:

That's what we call autoplay sweetie, I'm convinced that's how she got that to smash and won't budge on that theory.

Even though I've recently switched and started bopping to it :emofish:

Now if only Warner could send some cheques to Spotify to get Dua on board with autoplay :sistrens:

Illusion could have easily been the summer hit of the year but it was handled so poorly :weeps: My fav song from her.

Wonder why Dance The night didn't make the cut of her latest tour? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.