• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

Are we ready to categorise RO with Artpop, Witness, Bionic or is it too irrelevant for that!?:alexz2:

NO

6 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

Her bri-ish accent is so strong. Beautiful queen :clap3:

12 hours ago, Supervillain said:

Good luck with that cause Doja is done with pop

And where's the energy from others coming at her for underperforming then? Cause ya are coming at Dua like as if she committed some kind of a crime by giving us a good pop album. 

8 hours ago, perpetual novice said:

where is the tour... this era is a disaster

Yeah can they at least do this. Honestly do we even know what went down between her and her previous management? Because one could argue ever since then she hasn't been the same. I feel like she feels burned out from how much promo she did before that she doesn't want to overwork herself but it's like you still need to put in some kind of effort sis...

1 hour ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

Are we ready to categorise RO with Artpop, Witness, Bionic or is it too irrelevant for that!?:alexz2:

Yall dont feel weird being this damn overdramatic like??? 

8 hours ago, mike_int said:

I think tour will get announced after Glastonbury performance to use the momentum

This would actually be a smart move 

8 hours ago, BrokenMachine said:

I'd love for them to announce a tour for the album, but it's not like they invested way too much promoting this album and now they need a tour to get their investment back. There were zero features, the artwork was cheap, their infamous payola wasn't there, and there were like three televised performances.

The budget so long has been like 10% of FN so there's no need for them to try to milk more this era. They can leave it at those already sold out shows and end it on a high note.

Cheap? A photoshoot where the aeshtetic is a summer vacation is cheap now? Cause the production sessions weren't. Her videos aren't either. The way yall are switching on her after exaggerating an underperformance just meas yall weren't real fans and weren't stats sheep's smfh

8 hours ago, mike_int said:

Thank God there were no features. Nothing worse than unnecessary feature.

She opened Grammys, performed at Brits and hosted and performed on SNL and will have the main stage at Glastonbury next month, what more you guys want?

It is still more than other singers who released albums this year. So stop complaining all the time cause you are really acting like little kids with attention span of 5 minutes who needs someone in jumping up and down in front of their faces so they are not bored.

If all you need to like the album is chart position then it is really sad.

Come On Please GIF by NBA

Thank you someone with common sense

12 hours ago, Cain said:

Dance DJ collab

We need to cover all bases 

Snoop Dogg Dancing GIF by Corona USA

No more forced and unnecessary remixes for Dua please and thank you

10 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Cheap? A photoshoot where the aeshtetic is a summer vacation is cheap now? Cause the production sessions weren't. Her videos aren't either. The way yall are switching on her after exaggerating an underperformance just meas yall weren't real fans and weren't stats sheep's smfh

I love the album but I'm not gonna turn a blind eye and deny the album cover looks cheap, like, what is this s:wan:?

81Z1KTX8egL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

The music videos have budget to it, but like I said, it's 10% compared to Future Nostalgia. Future Nostalgia got way more videos, including alternative versions and the lyric videos weren't just BTS shoots. Also into that 10% I was counting the cost of the countless performances she did around the world for that era.

I couldn't care less about stats, I was just pointing out how her label didn't put much effort into this era :lakitu:

HOW LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG.mp4 till a tour announcement

I am positive that it'll be the one slay of this era, the McDonalds concert was so :jonny5:Glastonbury is gonna be the true "British Lemonade" as in it'll be the "British Beychella" :jonny5:

It feels like the singles had nothing to do with the album theme??? Girl this album was not really it for me. I still like all the extended versions and would rather listen to Dua than other pop singers I'd not mention. She should do a Homecoming thing yeah.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

This album aged super quick for me except the magnum opus these walls + th singles… I don't know what was going on behind the scenes but it still baffles me how she wrote Houdini & TS and everything else AFTER illusion and thought… yep!! This is all cohesive and psychedelic.

i don't really know what she could do.. I'm torn between her either just ditching the era or trying to salvage a hit with a Watcha doing or these walls remix 

she'll still have a successful tour I suppose she just needs to show people at glasto she can still put on a great show

What's even worse is NOTHING is happening this era , hopefully it's a sign her team are just creating a strategy behind the scenes but at the very least they should be pushing a song or illusion as momentum for Glastonbur

i feel like her dad really thinks the era isn't doing too bad because of the US debut numbers but I seriously hope Warner intervene and are more involved with the next era / going forward then they were this era. they did all they could with TTH placement etc but it was just a mix of subpar songs with a terrible rollout… why on earth the album released 7 months after Houdini god knows

Edited by thinkheknowss
  • Like 6

yeah this aged pretty quickly. i havent used this album since billies dropped either. its a shame how she handled this era. 

• Like 2

I agree this aged , everything this era has been so underwhelming & undercooked 

• Like 3

I listen the album in full almost everyday, its a solid piece of work, you just need to get on the vibe of it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mike_int said:

I listen the album in full almost everyday, its a solid piece of work, you just need to get on the vibe of it.

Each to their own I'm glad people still enjoy it , I still support dua but she could've done a lot better personally :heart:

Why do I feel she will rerelease this including 'dance the night' and 3 or 4 new songs trying one of them to relive the era.

Anyway, I still wouldn't could her out yet.

1 minute ago, zzmyth said:

Why do I feel she will rerelease this including 'dance the night' and 3 or 4 new songs trying one of them to relive the era.

Anyway, I still wouldn't could her out yet.

We knew there will be re-release before the album was even released.  The question is when and how many new songs and what style of songs.

The problem with RO isn't necessarily the album itself, but everything else. There's no cohesion and focus. FN was a masterclass of an era - everything made sense, was perfectly timed and extremely well executed. From the outfits to the MVs to the promo gigs. Flawless.

With this era, Dua wanted too much at the same time - Podcast, Barbie soundtrack and Oscar Ambition, Docufilm about Camden Town, psychedelic album meets eneric disco bops to make sure to ride on FN coattail. The styling did not make any sense at all, the interviews she did were useless (especially since she did not, for whatever reason, perform.Houdini), the MVs were CHEAP af, the random push of Illusion when it served buzz single from the get go. Just really, really, really BAD overall in terms of cohesion, management and focus.

In a competitive year like 2024, its unsurprisingly met with instant death on the charts

• Like 5

I actually disagree, the album has grown on me a lot. 

A Watcha Doing remix to revive the era is necessary, me thinks :clap3:

her dead petz did its job and.... younger now era next 

:clack:

2 minutes ago, Polgg48 said:

her dead petz did its job and.... younger now era next 

:clack:

Trust me, WE DON'T WANT THAT!

Why is her merch shipping so late? 
is that the date when the deluxe is gonna drop?

We need a sex tape that involves Callum Turner. That way she can get straights and gays to her side

• Haha 1

I have a feeling there's a lot of scrambling behind the scenes, either deciding if the era is worth salvaging or just moving on to the next project, hence the dead silence right now :rip:

• Like 1

We needed "Training Season" used in Challengers promos and ads. The bisexuals would have stanned

Her IG numbers are a quarter of what they used to be atm as well. Truly her flop era 

• Like 1

the way i can barely even comprehend how terrible things would become after this moment 😭😭

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.