Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave the kitty alone the bullying is horrible 🫠

• Haha 1

You can't headline Glastonbury and Coachella the same year, pretty sure it's in the Glasto contract.

Training Season would've been a killer lead single with Grammys performance Intro and Brits performance structure and a bit more layering. Not to forget a great mv. They fumbled so hard…:jonny3:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

35 minutes ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

Training Season would've been a killer lead single with Grammys performance Intro and Brits performance structure and a bit more layering. Not to forget a great mv. They fumbled so hard…:jonny3:

Doubt it. The sound  was the problem ALL ALONG. THE promo was on point she had the best platforms worthy of a MPG like taylor yet still flopped.  11-27-43 peaks for yr 3 lead singles as well as 2-4-9 aint exactly making yr investment back isnt it? She had the radio payola, amazing playslistings,best television platforms. The frontloaded preorders helped first week so atleast she got some great headlines. Well see the catastrophic results on the year end charts. Houdini was a medium sized hit though. She should have forced it down gp's throat like baby food.

15 minutes ago, kayliah said:

Doubt it. The sound  was the problem ALL ALONG. THE promo was on point she had the best platforms worthy of a MPG like taylor yet still flopped.  11-27-43 peaks for yr 3 lead singles as well as 2-4-9 aint exactly making yr investment back isnt it? She had the radio payola, amazing playslistings,best television platforms. The frontloaded preorders helped first week so atleast she got some great headlines. Well see the catastrophic results on the year end charts. Houdini was a medium sized hit though. She should have forced it down gp's throat like baby food.

The way I wasn't even talking about the promotion. All the songs had great production, many of them just needed a little more punch. Same with Houdini, it was repetitive until the bridge. Vocal layering and live instruments would've added way more to song, plus your pov is very US centric. Houdini and Illusion would've never been smash hits in US because they simply don't consume that kind of music, as for TS it was a missed opportunity….:alexz2:

Posted (edited)

Album debuts at #1 in both Hungary & Poland, making it so far 8 places the album hit #1 in!

UK

France

Spain

Netherlands

Austria

Poland

Hungary

Wallonia 

Edited by Hector
  • Like 3

you're welcome for that #1 in Poland cuz baby i been streaming :clap: 

• Haha 3

Spotify update:

#136 (-6) Ilusion [1,498,046]

#138 (-6) Training Season [1,487,898]

#178 (-11) Houdini [1,355,267]

katy-perry-smile-3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

It's official. Everyone I stan eventually flops. So if you see me in a thread praising someone well they're in danger.

Now playing: Delusion (Extended)

• Haha 6

Me since release:

• Thanks 1

Idg how the singles started to flop when the album released :skull:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Vermouth said:

Was never happening.  Coachella would've meant reworking all the choreo etc again to freshen it for Glastonbury ( or just repeating it, which would've created all kinds of accusations of "just rehashing" for Glastonbury). So it was either Coachella or Glastonbury.

It's totally clear, she regards Glastonbury as a career pinnacle, and in my view, it was always going to win out. Not even a contest to be honest.

If I were Dua, I'd also choose Glastonbury tbh. That's a way bigger deal than Coachella is. I do wonder if, after the current underperformance, that Dua will still do Coachella next year (like rumored) or wait to do it for DL4 instead.

5 hours ago, headztrong said:

You can't headline Glastonbury and Coachella the same year, pretty sure it's in the Glasto contract.

That's what I thought, but wasn't sure. Thanks for confirming! 

Edited by Crank_It_Up
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crank_It_Up said:

If I were Dua, I'd also choose Glastonbury tbh. That's a way bigger deal than Coachella is. I do wonder if, after the current underperformance, that Dua will still do Coachella next year (like rumored) or wait to do it for DL4 instead.

That's what I thought, but wasn't sure. Thanks for confirming! 

I hope she waits for Coachella for DL4 tbh. I want the public to go HAM to hits from the record. 

Illusion London Sessions by midnight :party:

5 hours ago, headztrong said:

That's not true… Billie Eilish did both in 2022

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I believe Nostramus since there's no way a label in their right mind will look at the numbers and be like yeah lets greenlight two more singles and pay for playlisting and radio. Maybe they'll let her tour if the tickets get sold out and take a huge percentage of the profits to recoup some money on recording the album and all the payola and playlisting. I just hope they will invest in DL4 as much as they did for DL3. They could also push another artist too and reduce the budget considerably next era. Its all her fault and daddy's. A great a&r should have taken the reigns and tap management would have made her promote everywhere with houdini but daddy's girl gets to go on holidays... 😄

Edited by kayliah
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

55 minutes ago, jomarr said:

It's official. Everyone I stan eventually flops. So if you see me in a thread praising someone well they're in danger.

Now playing: Delusion (Extended)

Me thinking I'm the cause my faves flop :chick3:

End of An Era has been stuck in my head for the past 24 hours its insane

:WAP:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MusicIsMyMaster said:

End of An Era has been stuck in my head for the past 24 hours its insane

:WAP:

she really put crack into that song :jonnycat:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kayliah said:

I believe Nostramus since there's no way a label in their right mind will look at the numbers and be like yeah lets greenlight two more singles and pay for playlisting and radio. Maybe they'll let her tour if the tickets get sold out and take a huge percentage of the profits to recoup some money on recording the album and all the payola and playlisting. I just hope they will invest in DL4 as much as they did for DL3. They could also push another artist too and reduce the budget considerably next era. Its all her fault and daddy's. A great a&r should have taken the reigns and tap management would have made her promote everywhere with houdini but daddy's girl gets to go on holidays... 😄

Don't you get tired? :deadbanana:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, TSwiftie said:

It's possible that when people who listened to the album and weren't very impressed started to associate that feeling with the songs themselves, or thought they sounded similar to the rest of the album and "realized" they didn't like it as much as they thought 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

It's possible that when people who listened to the album and weren't very impressed started to associate that feeling with the songs themselves, or thought they sounded similar to the rest of the album and "realized" they didn't like it as much as they thought 

Which is a shame tbh because the singles are smash after smash in my books (not sure about Snorellusion tho). Hopefully they got something in store to keep the era afloat. Shes the queen of longevity it just doesnt occur to me how they let it down like that

2 hours ago, TSwiftie said:

Spotify's autoplay got divided with non-singles. Sad that this negative impact was bigger than a positive impact of an album release tho. 

the album is kind of a growerrrr! I dont listen to it all the time but i enjoy listening while im working and driving. Its chill but u can also bop to it. Good!!! :clap3:

• Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, TSwiftie said:

Which is a shame tbh because the singles are smash after smash in my books (not sure about Snorellusion tho). Hopefully they got something in store to keep the era afloat. Shes the queen of longevity it just doesnt occur to me how they let it down like that

Unless this is her Try This era :eli: Flop in the US but kinda moving smth in europe. She wont be affected of the 4th album curse, cause the next one is her Im Not Dead :sistrens:

8 hours ago, Pendulum said:

she better not cancel those 4 amphitheater shows planned for next month cause I've spent like 500 euros already on tickets, plane and accommodation

Why would she cancel them?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.