Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

Posted (edited)

People who don't love this album - why? I'm a little confused cuz I don't really hear anything flat out wrong with it. Yeah some tracks could hit a bit harder but overall I think it's a very consistent body of work. People in here are acting like it's Feed The Beast level and that's saying something

Edited by GardenPanty
  • Like 1

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

We're really in the trenches, I can't believe it

IMG_0226.gif?ex=663611ca&is=6634c04a&hm=

Her dadager needs to GO

you know, it's not too late for "Future Nostalgia: Side B" 👀 

4 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

Training Season is the only dud

Training Season hate is so stale. Definitely a highlight in the album! 

• Thanks 2

Just now, GardenPanty said:

People who don't love this album - why? I'm a little confused cuz I don't really hear anything flat out wrong with it. Yeah some tracks could hit a bit harder but overall I think it's a very consistent body of work. People in here are acting like it's worse than Feed The Beast and that's saying something

It's just all about subversion of sky high expectations for Dua, the reactions would be different if this album came out after DL1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

People who don't love this album - why? I'm a little confused cuz I don't really hear anything flat out wrong with it. Yeah some tracks could hit a bit harder but overall I think it's a very consistent body of work. People in here are acting like it's worse than Feed The Beast and that's saying something

High standards after FN, Kim wasn't really delivering before FTB

FWIW, I like this album more than FN overall but it needs a Levitating/Physical to appeal to the masses

Edited by Relampago.

6 minutes ago, Post Malone said:

Okay given:

Reveal hidden contents

Let me make my French Exit, merci

• Haha 1

The idea that some songs will debut with under 1M is actually making me scream jddkjdks

The fact that Houdini and TS debuted with decent numbers and it's been down since kinda tells me TS is where people got lost.

• Like 1

I still don't understand why Anything For Love is so short, it should've been more than an interlude!!!

• Like 1

Idk about this deluxe thing, if she had a Katy song with a video why she didn't tease it before and create some hype around it lol

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

They literally don't even count anywhere and nobody takes their word vomit seriously, they can post whatever for all I care.

You on the other hand seem to take this whole thing a bit too seriously as you've been glued to this thread since the album came out and reaching the point of recording embarrassing toddler humor voice notes you might consider taking a walk outside for some radically optimistic vibe

The way this is what you drastically need to do . 

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Simple said:

Idk about this deluxe thing, if she had a Katy song with a video why she didn't tease it before and create some hype around it lol

Like Katy Perry is gonna help her get hype in 2024 :deadbanana4:

10 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Taylor is the cancer of Pop music, wbk

FhnFloS.gif

Oh that's not-

Just now, _Fey said:

The idea that some songs will debut with under 1M is actually making me scream jddkjdks

The fact that Houdini and TS debuted with decent numbers and it's been down since kinda tells me TS is where people got lost.

It's unexplainable really, all 3 singles debuting with 4/5M and suddenly weeks later the album release has songs under 1M and the highest one can't crack 3M? Something shifted.

I'll conveniently blame Poets release, the public is still absorbing the 30 tracks 

9 out of 11 tracks has been on repeat whole day today. As much as I enjoy the album though, I hope Dua takes more risks with her next project. This album was a little too safe for what it was promised.

1 minute ago, _Fey said:

That song tanked the era, I'm absolutely sure of it. Houdini was somewhat promising then TS happened and it was all over from there. TS is a super cute song but it's not the type of song you should release as a single… ever 

Whatcha Doing really needed to be the second single, I'll stand by that forever.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

She needs to CANCEL the era, no deluxe version and no milking. Go back to the studio and have a new album ready for spring 2025.

THIS 

DL4 better be in early talks already, pitching ideas idk. RO can still have those summer concerts but that's it

Edited by TayDuaStan

DL4 won't drop until 2027-2028 pls! 

• Confused 1

Didn't she have an interview this week about how she always proves people wrong in the end

Ms. Lipa better release a deluxe after SNL

4 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Like Katy Perry is gonna help her get hype in 2024 :deadbanana4:

They clearly think so if they already shot a video for it, might as well milk it more with the hype 

• Like 1

Training Season is a really good pop song, it's just that nothing she would have released after Houdini had any chance to do well. The (false) narrative that she hasn't yet left her FN sound was too strong.

• Like 1

Just now, Simple said:

They clearly think so if they already shot a video for it, might as well milk it more with the hype 

What are you talking about, because there is no such thing

What? There's a Katy collab? :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

French Exit. Song of the year :alexz2::alexz2:

Just now, RadioactiveLights said:

Didn't she have an interview this week about how she always proves people wrong in the end

Ms. Lipa better release a deluxe after SNL

waait what if she brings out Katy :jonny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.