The Sheena Ringo Singles Rate [winner revealed]

Suilen

2045.png

Score: 7,17 Album: N/A

Big Sheensters: AMIT, Kyle-x (10)

Little NishiNOsters: Antisocialites (3,5)

The second half of Sheena's long-anticipated collaboration with millennium parade. The song is very sensual and portrays a future where love (sex?) is forbidden and frowned upon. I guess 2045 has something to do with Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045, for which millennium parade performed the opening theme before. Though I love GITS, I've been avoiding those new series like plague, so I can't guarantee the accuracy of my conjecture. Out of the two, I prefer WORK, and while AMIT wished 245 would grow on me, some things just weren't meant to happen (yet).

Curaga was feeling himself, but then the man came on: "Okayyyyy, this one is sexy. Outro is kinda boring.” AMIT is literally climaxing while discussing the song: "her best full english song?” No, that's still la salle de bain, I fear. He also connects the song to mp's 2992, which probably makes more sense than the GITS stuff, but who knows. Anyway, he asked me not to share the full comment, but he also says women who sing YAS.

• Like 4

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suilen

• AMIT

• Curaga

• Kyle-x

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate the lore behind each song :jonny5: the way i just be listening with no clue about any of her songs context

• Like 2

Dang, I liked that one :'(

@AMIT spilled, I fear!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fauxtography said:

I appreciate the lore behind each song :jonny5: the way i just be listening with no clue about any of her songs context

Same, girl :toofunny3:

@Suilen is coming through with these amazing write-ups! :clap3:

• Like 2

And one more for today...

Le moment / 青春の瞬き

moment.png

Score: 7,18 Album: Gyakuyunyuu Kouwankyoku (Reimport vol. 1)

Big Sheensters: mathekr, confide in me, Kyle-x (10)

Little NishiNOsters: Curaga (3)

Another song originally written for miss Kuriyama, this time for the deluxe version of her debut album, which flopped even harder than the original version on the charts, but I suppose that she did it for the arts. The song was also a b-side to 'Tsukiyo no Shouzou', which charted at no. 62. Maybe all this floppage inspired Sheena to self-cover those songs? Like, I totally get the desire to make your art more well-known (unless you're one of the few artists I dislike, they can keep theirs locked up). The song is about wanting time to stop and difficulties of being an adult, which is totally relatable. I also find miss Sheena's rendition to be superior this time, that was a little bit gorjus luv.

Curaga appears to be perfectly comfortable with getting older: "This is another one, like The Creamy Season, that I thought I really liked, but the more I listened to it and tried to place it, it just isn't as good as her others.” Subomie is shocked that song was released around the same time as Sunny: "It's crazy that all of the actual good material she recorded around this time went to these compilation records, and none of it went on Sunny... There's got to be an artistic explanation for it.” Well, the song probably didn't fit the concept of SHINING BRIGHT LIKE THE SUN. Kyle-x is stanning: "It's always pleasing to me when there are more obviously electronic elements in the mix of her songs, it always sounds so fresh. I love the outro of this track too.” AMIT accuses his fave of recycling songs: "a good song, feels a bit too similar to ariamaru tomi outside the intro/outro, but maybe i'm crazy.”

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Suilen said:

moment.png

:jonny6: visuaaaaals :heart:

• Like 1

You saw this massacre and decided to STOP THE COUNT for today 

:clack:

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

They are eating these write-ups up :jonny5:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

You saw this massacre and decided to STOP THE COUNT for today 

I have another entry semi-prepared but I need to make it suspenseful (and AMIT to stop hiding from me) so it will be saved for tomorrow

1 minute ago, Suilen said:

I have another entry semi-prepared but I need to make it suspenseful (and AMIT to stop hiding from me) so it will be saved for tomorrow

AMIT fled into the Amazon in fear, I fear

• Haha 2

No drama from me today, I'm sorry. I'm just not in the right mental state for that at the moment. I'm enjoying the write ups while listening to Watashi to Houden. 

I love Ichijiku no Hana, sad to see it go already. I gave it a 9 because everything before and up to Ringo no Uta was a 10 or 9 for me.

Love 2045 as well, but I get that some don't. Either way it's almost like a bonus track in the rate considering WORK is obviously the focus single!

And yeah my 0 was very poorly thought out considering a certain mess is still in and these smashes keep falling out. :'(

Edited by AMIT
  • Like 2

Le moment is, in fact, not a moment.

I appreciate she went into some electronic flourishes but it's too generic balladry for my liking.

Also 2〇45>>W●RK

Edited by Invisibility
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AMIT said:

No drama from me today, I'm sorry. I'm just not in the right mental state for that at the moment. I'm enjoying the write ups while listening to Watashi to Houden. 

I love Ichijiku no Hana, sad to see it go already. I gave it a 9 because everything before and up to Ringo no Uta was a 10 or 9 for me.

Love 2045 as well, but I get that some don't. Either way it's almost like a bonus track in the rate considering WORK is obviously the focus single!

And yeah my 0 was very poorly thought out considering a certain mess is still in and these smashes keep falling out:'(

You might regret it even more with the next entry, but I'll spare your mental health and send angels your way

ezgif-1-28c90f3591.gif

• Haha 1

The recap:

32. Carnation - 6,93 (still mourning and making voodoo dolls for AMIT and mathekr)

31. Mellow - 7

30. The Creamy Season - 7,07

29. Ichijiku no Hana - 7,14

28. 245 - 7,17

27. Le moment - 7,18

Appreciate all the comments as always, and loved seeing @Invisibility and @Kyle-x join me for the reveals. The next batch is bound to ruffle people's feathers, so I'll try to choose a good time for tomorrow to maximize that effect.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Invisibility said:

Also 2〇45>>W●RK

tumblr_nlulebTwgh1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

W●RK can leave next :gaycat2:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Curaga said:

tumblr_nlulebTwgh1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

W●RK can leave next :gaycat2:

We're respecting AMIT's mental health today, not contributing to its deterioration

Rn6iazR.gif

• Haha 2

Anticipating the next round

szzybrb-im-still-here.gif

• Like 1

Hell yes, I'm ready for feathers to be rustled (even if they're mine lol)

ca8093e2756a6cd2772a92c7cac20b9cbf6581ce

• Haha 1

Utada and Sheena will be performing together for the first time with Nijikan:

I wonder if they'll also perform a certain song that might or might not leave us today.

• Like 3

Glad to see Flop 2045 OUT before God's Work

YunaFFX2RealEmotionConcert.thumb.gif.86d

• Like 1

Will be ready in two hours, I think. Just unearthed some interesting facts about one single, people will be scared.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Suilen said:

Utada and Sheena will be performing together for the first time with Nijikan:

I wonder if they'll also perform a certain song that might or might not leave us today.

Performance preview:

oQvOy1k.gif

• Haha 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.