2 hours ago, Curaga said:

本能 / Honnou
真夜中は純潔 / Mayonaka wa Junketsu
茎 / Stem
迷彩 / Meisai
意識 / Ishiki

Hoping these are the top 5!

:intoit:

hopefully karma whacks you again for a second time, and this time for the Tsumi to Batsu slander.

wXecnxn.gif

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suilen

• AMIT

• Curaga

• Kyle-x

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, AMIT said:

I'm shocked those Sanmon Gossip 'singles' made the Top 10 and outlasted all of Muzai's tbf. :skull:

I guess this means I should give that album a listen again since I haven't done so in forever oop. 

ezgif-2-bfa6173efa.thumb.gif.fe584971d67

I’m not surprised! They’re better, that’s why they outlasted, if you were wondering :mandown:

• Like 1

XgVJt01.gif

Not Gips slander you ******* cannot be trusted

wXecnxn.gif

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Suilen said:

Kyogenshou / 虚言症

liar.png

Score: 7,95 Album: Shouso Strip

Big Sheensters: Invisibility (11), Meloetta Carey, Kyle-x, confide in me (10)

Little NishiNOsters: fauxtography (2)

The first taste of Shouso Strip that was apparently released as a promo single, although now that I think of it, I should probably have researched the circumstances of its release more closely, but AMIT was also there, and he never doubted its inclusion, so. I think its release happened much later, during the digital era? Well, no one was exactly complaining, and the song almost made it to the top 10, so. According to Sheena, the song might be the first one she wrote seriously, and it's based on a story she read in a newspaper. It was about a girl (potential trigger warnings) who wanted to commit suicide and lay on the rail tracks. Thus, the song is devoted to that girl, and even in the lyrics she says: "It's also thanks to you that I'm able to sing.” The original title of the song was 'Daijoubu' (I hope I don't have to translate what that means), but Sheena changed it to 'Pathological Lying' as at first she believed that the story was fabricated. Still, the title is a bit of a misnomer as the song is about trying to uplift that girl (or her spirit, not sure about her faith) and not liars.

AMIT makes an unflattering comparison: "a great intro song for the album, very 90s shounen anime opening, I love it!” Subomie seems a bit bummed out by its inclusion: "idk, it's Shoso Strip so it's obviously very good but I can't help but wish for... maybe any other album track from that release?”

Nooooo she deserved top 10

wXecnxn.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madonnas said:

I'm not surprised! They're better, that's why they outlasted, if you were wondering :mandown:

Maybe if this was about Superficial Gossip the song I could see it, but I guess Shun is a cute girl

IbFIsa0.gif

I forgot how ~sensual~ this video is, there is also a photoshoot of her hiding behind a shower curtain that serves as a BTS for it or something.

Anyway, I still have no idea about the exact time on Sunday, if you absolutely want to be there for the finale, then let me know what time works for you (UTC, EST, whatever).

• Like 1

Excited for the finale! :gaycat5:

I'm free virtually all Sunday during the day EST, so I'll be there!

• Like 2

Ready and waiting

tumblr_nhqe04DIVd1s8ty6ro1_400.gif

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

This is the last time I'm bothering you all to announce the begging of the final eliminations.

mathekr @Kyle-x @Curaga @gingguu @AMIT @Ewan Chaos @Meloetta Carey  @Subomie @Invisibility @Antisocialites @madonnas @confide in me @fauxtography @Maresia

And at number 10 we have...

Shun -Season- /

shun.png

Score: 8,08 Album: Sanmon Gossip

Big Sheensters: mathekr, Ewan Chaos, confide in me, Invisibility (10)

Little NishiNOsters: Curaga, Maresia (6)

We're starting off the top 10 with the first Sanmon Gossip single in a while (Temporary Virgin left like… 25 entries ago). Don't be fooled by its English title – it's not just a season like summer, winter etc. (which is 季節 from おいしい季節, yes, another free Japanese lesson from Suilen), it's a season for harvest, fish, love-making… Another possible translation of is to be in vogue, which means that the titles of the two promo singles off SG are basically the same thing. That must be intentional, right? Lyrically, the song is about trying to leave in the moment and avoiding thinking about that will happen later. Basically, 'It's always the season while you're living,' as the lyrics say. And she wants to spend this life with a person she loves, so the sensual video isn't completely out of sync with the theme. Some members of SOIL&"PIMP"SESSIONS, who also contributed to Temporary Virgin and マヤカシ優男, helped the song's arrangement, and Neko Saito did some string work. I'd say that マヤカシ優男 is probably the best product of Sheena's collaboration with that Pimp group after revisiting the album earlier today, and I really love that title, but Shun is rather cute, too.

AMIT is a bit of a fan: "the piano run at the end is great, one of the better songs on the album." Ewan Chaos is a lot of a fan: "COME ONNNNNNN.'

Edited by Suilen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is a big fan favorite so I'm not shocked it got this far! While the piano work is amazing, the overall song doesn't quite hit as high as some of her other songs do for me, but I still do really like it nonetheless. 

The video is amazing as well with the piano notes projections on her body whew. :gaynetcat4:

Great piano, beautiful piano.

Edited by Antisocialites
  • Haha 1

Despite being a low scorer, I have nothing bad to say about this great song 

379e0cfd64404397e441d011e5bc7ea58c62ea5b.gif

Bopping respectfully 

The next entry is a Shouso Strip single. Did Curaga and madonnas' despicable sabotage of Gips work, or will AMIT grace us with the biggest meltdown of all time? Find out soon enough!

Taste with the マヤカシ優男 praise though. The 1-2 PUNCH with 尖った手口 is one of the best things she's done low key.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Suilen said:

The next entry is a Shouso Strip single. Did Curaga and madonnas' despicable sabotage of Gips work, or will AMIT grace us with the biggest meltdown of all time? Find out soon enough!

:deadbanana2: :deadbanana4:  :clownny:

2 minutes ago, Suilen said:

We don't want it either way, cancel the rate now!

• Haha 3

Tsumi to Batsu / 罪と罰

tsumi-to-batsu.png

Score: 8,1 Album: Shouso Strip

Big Sheensters: mathekr, AMIT, Meloetta Carey, Kyle-x (10)

Little NishiNOsters: fauxtography (4)

Whack Dostoevsky for me, queen. I know that some people are going to be upset about this premature exit, and I'm upset, too (gave it a 9 before some people start drilling me), but let's focus on the song's interesting background. Most are probably familiar with how Honnou (yes, not only the video, but the song, too) was inspired by Sheena being sick, and the same goes for Tsumi to Batsu. She wrote it while she was recovering from overwork-caused abscess due to her heavy promotion of Koko De Kiss Shite. Sheena referred to the lyrics as a 'hospital ward diary' (she was actually recovering at home, but even home can feel like prison… or hospital) and… what do you think the crime is? Getting sick. Sheena blamed herself for getting sick. I suppose it's a familiar feeling that isn't only true for Japan, but still, **** Japanese work culture. Anyway, she considers Honnou and Tsumi to Batsu to be sister songs as Honnou is about accepting your instincts and TtB is about… punishing them, as the cravings and the feeling of loneliness she expressed there are supposedly the opposites of giving in to one's instincts. Honestly, I'm not exactly seeing it based on my understanding of the both songs' lyrics, BUT… the part where she asks the guy (or a girl) to call her name and touch her is in quotations, which means that those are her thoughts rather than what happened in reality (or it happened, and she regrets it, thus the punishment part). Music-wise, Sheena was inspired by rock ballads from the 70s, so if you have an issue with her screaming and using a hoarse voice, blame those men (I feel like the majority appreciates it, though). I suppose the video deserves a mention for the iconic sliced car and those eyeshadows.

Praying for AMIT: "a straight up masterpiece, definitely a contender for her best song. it's the centerpiece of the album for a reason. one her most hard hitting tracks, and those vocal riffs in the outro!!” Meloetta Carey doesn't need my free lessons to appreciate the song: "the way you don't even need to understand Japanese to get what the song is about cuz her vocals are so emotive.”

• Like 4

She looks so damn cunty in the video, an icon.

• Like 2

WHAT

tyxjjep.gif

@fauxtography you're definitely going to pay for your CRIMES. 

tyxjjep.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I like Shun but it wasn't one of my 10s left so it's okay to go

TXaWN5v.thumb.gif.fae143e9123ac3febbdd33d3a1e7819e.gif

Imagine not giving this absolute triumph of a song a 10. :rip: 

Y'all are SICK.

atrl-sebs123.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.