Hey sister in taste

atrl-sebs123.gif

• Like 1

We will cancel unless my 11 is #1 then we shall progress.mp3

bTD0xIL.gif

Mayonaka wa Junketsu / 真夜中は純潔

mayonaka.png

Score: 8,3 Album: N/A

Big Sheensters: Curaga, Ewan Chaos, Antisocialites (10)

Little NishiNOsters: fauxtography (5)

The most egregious case of a stellar single not making it to any album (except for that Newton compilation and some obscure edition of Shouso Strip)? And later she had the audacity to add every released single to Sunny and Sandokushi's track lists. Though, if you think about it, would it be a good fit for KSK? Sheena had the same doubts and decided against it. I fear the song needed a whole new album to be built around it, and who'd say no to an extra pre-Jihen album? I won't even attempt to make sense of the lyrics but all I can say for sure is that she's definitely not chaste here by any stretch of imagination as she wants someone to pour wine into her mouth from their mouth and wants to be penetrated. Sorry for ruining your perception of it. But who cares about the lyrics, right? The production is fire, and she was in her Fujiko Mine bag in the video (and we caught a glimpse of her cat obsession). A fun fact about the video is that the reason it's animated is that she discovered she was pregnant while getting her measurements done for some costume meant for a 'live-action' video. Also, sorry for the lacking visuals (though the cover is that good), but the sis absolutely didn't want to be seen during her pregnancy year.

Curaga is floored: "So jazzy and fun! Love the single cover.” Yes, the cover is definitely among her best. Ewan Chaos is disgruntled by the album snub: "WHAT THE FUUUUUUUCK - and this song isn't on an album? Hate her!” Listening to Cheek to Cheek and Love for Sale helped AMIT with his enjoyment of the song: "her jazzy ska moment. it grew on me a lot over the years, i low key stan now. the b-sides are also great, get into them if you haven't y'all!” Meloetta Carey makes an interesting comparison: "sounds like a J-idol song (kinda sorta)" Hmm, I suppose Akina might've done something similar, and Seiko Medusa had all those jazz cover albums and not just covers…

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Little NishiNOsters: fauxtography (4)

like this is an automatic ballot-in-the-bin troll score red flag MESS

@fauxtography you better not show your ass in here!

bTD0xIL.gif

• Haha 3

this fauxtography b*tch is pissing me OFF rn

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Suilen said:

Mayonaka wa Junketsu / 真夜中は純潔

mayonaka.png

Score: 8,3 Album: N/A

Big Sheensters: Curaga, Ewan Chaos, Antisocialites (10)

Little NishiNOsters: fauxtography (5)

The most egregious case of a stellar single not making it to any album (except for that Newton compilation and some obscure edition of Shouso Strip)? And later she had the audacity to add every released single to Sunny and Sandokushi's track lists. Though, if you think about it, would it be a good fit for KSK? Sheena had the same doubts and decided against it. I fear the song needed a whole new album to be built around it, and who'd say no to an extra pre-Jihen album? I won't even attempt to make sense of the lyrics but all I can say for sure is that she's definitely not chaste here by any stretch of imagination as she wants someone to pour wine into her mouth from their mouth and wants to be penetrated. Sorry for ruining your perception of it. But who cares about the lyrics, right? The production is fire, and she was in her Fujiko Mine bag in the video (and we caught a glimpse of her cat obsession). A fun fact about the video is that the reason it's animated is that she discovered she was pregnant while getting her measurements done for some costume meant for a 'live-action' video. Also, sorry for the lacking visuals (though the cover is that good), but the sis absolutely didn't want to be seen during her pregnancy year.

Curaga is floored: "So jazzy and fun! Love the single cover.” Yes, the cover is definitely among her best. Ewan Chaos is disgruntled by the album snub: "WHAT THE FUUUUUUUCK - and this song isn't on an album? Hate her!” Listening to Cheek to Cheek and Love for Sale helped AMIT with his enjoyment of the song: "her jazzy ska moment. it grew on me a lot over the years, i low key stan now. the b-sides are also great, get into them if you haven't y'all!” Meloetta Carey makes an interesting comparison: "sounds like a J-idol song (kinda sorta)" Hmm, I suppose Akina might've done something similar, and Seiko Medusa had all those jazz cover albums and not just covers…

I was so tasteless back then because now for some reason this song lives rent free in my head and my 9 for it feels like an egregious crime. :emofish:

and are we surprised by the low scorer? wtffff

bTD0xIL.gif

• Like 1

Not Mayonaka

She grew on me a lot these past few months. Orphaned single queen :cries:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Suilen said:

as she wants someone to pour wine into her mouth from their mouth and wants to be penetrated.

Let me change my 11 to this wait

Cops And Queers Police GIF - Cops And Queers Police Queers - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Haha 6

I'm surprised Mayonaka lasted so much longer than Open Secret because they are so similar and both incredible songs! 

Me wanting to be mad too but idt there's any bad songs left to ***** about

perv-watching.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Curaga said:

I'm surprised Mayonaka lasted so much longer than Open Secret because they are so similar and both incredible songs! 

You showing taste and punching me down with that 10. I fully and gladly concede the L this time and not just because there are bigger and nastier fish to fry now:loki:

Edited by AMIT
  • Thanks 1

Ryuukou – Vogue / 流行

ryuukou.png

Score: 8,46 Album: Sanmon Gossip

Big Sheensters: mathekr, Ewan Chaos, madonnas (10)

Little NishiNOsters: Curaga (6)

Here it is – one of Sheena's finest man-adjacent moments. Mummy-D or whatever his name is snapped, I fear. The song… criticizes the fashion industry, and the woman character in Sheena's parts gradually loses her individuality, first from a person to a woman, then from a woman to… someone without a personality and with only a first name (or a number, which is worse). Meanwhile, Mummy-D's point of view is supposed to represent a male fashion designer who may have some inappropriate feelings towards his models. In a nutshell, Sheena's suspicious of male designers as they focus on what would look attractive to other men instead of considering women's tastes and comfort (the fact that most of those designers are gay seems to be out of the equation but maybe Sheena's point is that gay men are still men, so she'd be kinda right if that was her ultimate chain of reasoning, and we have to stan). The video is iconic, too, and if I wasn't currently fixated on a certain actor, I would've made an updated avatar from it and put it on to screw with AMIT!

Curaga isn't being a meninist for once, although this is one of those rare situation when men made points: "This song's pretty good, and I don't mind Mummy-D in the intro, but I bumped this down because he overstayed his welcome.” AMIT is fuming and will have asked for the song to be out 3 times by this point (I prepare the write-ups in advance, so let's see if I was right): "it can bop, but I wouldn't say it's a standout on her discography.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Madonna died. 

hm.thumb.png.34960e9753a9435668cc51fe9d1

• Haha 6

She watched The Devil Wears Prada and had to have her Anne Hathaway moment

Most disposable pop act? (#1 Katy & Bieber | #2 Britney & Camila) - Base -  ATRL

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Antisocialites said:

Madonna died. 

hm.thumb.png.34960e9753a9435668cc51fe9d1

:ahh:

Punched OUT of the top 5! :clap3:

0ed303ce3be957eeda9ed89c3333d9b01ee62834

• Like 1

Koda Kumi, Ayumi... on the cover of a magazine.

yanatwt.gif

• Haha 7

It's a bop and mother served for the gays with this one, even despite including a man on the song. That's talent! I'm glad it didn't make the top 5, though. :nicole2:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Suilen said:

Little NishiNOsters: Curaga (6)

Curaga said:

EM — unpoly: group of peta protesters storm the...

Edited by Kyle-x
  • Haha 5

J'ai trouvé l'amour / 熱愛発覚中

nakata.png

Score: 8,63 Album: Ukina

Big Sheensters: AMIT, Kyle-x (10)

Little NishiNOsters: Suilen (finally my hater moment), confide in me (7,5)

Certainly one of the most… unusual collabs in the history of j-pop. You'd be surprised to learn that this isn't its first appearance in a rate as it was featured in the long-forgotten and failed 'Bangerz' rate before, where it flopped miserably after failing to convert one of Sheena's biggest haters on the forum (We miss you, Summer). And now it's almost in the top 5 of Sheena's own rate, what a table-turning. Anyway, despite being a 'hater' (and the score is still relatively high), I don't mind the song, but it's neither Nakata's nor Sheena's best to me, so yeah. The dubstep part is a bit… weird, though I can see that some people appreciated the impact of Freakshow / Hold It Against Me (the thought of Sheena listening to Blackout is amusing, but maybe she did). Again, for those don't know French/Japanese, the title means 'In search of love,’ and judging by those references in the lyrics, I think that Sheena assumes the role of a cyborg or something (which would make the use of auto-tune appropriate), and the question of whether robots can experience love is evergreen in science fiction. She also panders to otaku by calling herself a tsundere and referring to zettai ryouiki (google what it is if you're curious because I don't really feel like explaining). My biggest fear was it reaching no. 1 (the song has its fruity appeal), which would make me abandon my principles and consider sabotage, but thankfully, that scenario was avoided.

Curaga is pleasantly surprised: "Whoa, this one surprised me! Totally different type of instrumental for her, but I like it. Love Nakata/capsule.” AMIT's bussy is quivering: "an undeniable banger and mega bop. her voice and singing style work so well with this kind of production, straight fire from beginning to end, I have no choice but to stan.” Kyle-x wants to break the rules and give the song another 11: "Would be another 11 if allowed. I loveeeee the vocal style she chose for this song. I mean the entire thing is just perfect. No notes.” I suppose that dance with AMIT during the rate's encore is coming.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I've had no idea this song existed prior to this rate (at the end of the day I'm a recent Sheena Ringo stan and never explored songs out of her studio albums) but I was floored when I first heard it, it's amazing. so glad it's Top 10. :jonny5:

• Like 3

proto-PC music bop!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Suilen said:

Big Sheensters: AMIT, Kyle-x (10)

Joint Slay | Know Your Meme

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.