Charli XCX - 'BRAT'

Kylie Jenner

8 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I don't personally agree that BIOYL is better than track ten, but I totally agree that Charli is underrated as an album. It has many of the highest highs in her discography from me, like Next Level Charli and February 2017, but I avoid mentioning them next to other discography highlights that are more agreed upon because I know I'd just get a bunch of "confused" reacts. Not only does it have those, though - that era also has some of the best unreleased material she's ever recorded (I still think the chorus of Don't Call Me is the best moment in all of pop music). Miss U is basically a B-side from the era thrown on a soundtrack as a throwaway and it's one of my favorite songs of all time. That album's central sonic thesis, the sound that makes up its core and its most critical moments, is basically my favorite music ever conceived, and I think Brat is significantly better for its intentional references to that album and the sounds that it shares with or derives from that album. Self-titled is foundational Charli artistry and I think with time it will be more appreciated than it is today, because without it, we don't have things like Brat, at least not in quite the same way. If there's any album that I'd like to see actually expanded further with a future project or rereleased with more material one day, it's that one!

Taste! I'm so sick of self titled slander, it's so good 

• Like 2

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xokuba

• Club classic

• Cain

• Contessa

Why is she not releasing sweat when it's literally the namesake of her tour :biblionny:

This is exactly why I broke up with last.fm, since post-release Deluxe is the norm now. My OCD surrendered :dies:

I gave this a listen today & thots …

I love Charli, N1A is probably my favourite project from her & I definitely think she's deserving of more credit for pioneering her type of sound. 

That said, this album was Kim Petras levels of bad, lyrically. It's full of my least favourite way of making music, which is essentially repetition of a title a gazillion times, in place of a well constructed chorus - which can work if it's catchy, but here, they're just obnoxious. 

Aside from that, I appreciate the elements of vulnerability & personal experiences she's weaving through the record, but they're delivered in the most shallow way, it comes off… well… bratty. If that was the brief & what was meant by the album title, then I guess she hit it. It's a huge quality dip from her last record. 

It's a no from me, sadly. Production is cute though, not enough to save it or entice me to spin it again, outside of Von Dutch & 365 when I'm off my face & looking for the friend with the bag. /onika

Edited by FOCK

50 minutes ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

was so honored to see them making the mural in greenpoint today, she really is the Michael Jackson of brooklyn

Ugh I was in Brooklyn today wish I would've known to go see it

Also wait - did she permanently change all her album covers or was is just to coincide with brat being released ? 

self titled is good but there's not one single song on it that she didn't do a better version of on one of her other projects

maybe Shake It but even then you can just listen to I Got It 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Motivation93 said:

Also wait - did she permanently change all her album covers or was is just to coincide with brat being released ? 

I lowkey think it's permanent because she's such a troll 

19 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

I lowkey think it's permanent because she's such a brat

Fixed it

• Like 2

Ready to shake my ass to 3 new tracks

• Like 1

How many hours until this? Is it midnight WW or UK? I'm lost 

5 minutes ago, JDC said:

How many hours until this? Is it midnight WW or UK? I'm lost 

19 min.

And I thank the lord (Charlotte Aitchison) for blessing us with this mighty meal :angel:

Edited by prostitute pickup

5 min…

Hello hello hello hello

I always add deluxe songs to a playlist with the og album so I don't lose scrobbles of the standard album.

Excited for this. :heart:

• Like 1

Brat was already 10/10 but now :WAP:

Ooooh the edging on hello goodbye is worth it!! Wish the drums of the drop is a bit more experimental tho

• Like 1

hello goodbye is so cute, the instrumental break :chick3:

• Like 1

oh hello goodbye the hit that you are

• Like 1

Guess is giving slutpop a little bit tho…

• Like 2

I'm dancingggggg -- wait what is this interpolation in Hello goodbye?

• Like 1

guess being about her cooch SHES A KIIIII :ahh:

• Like 2

Ooooh the drop after the second verse on Guess

:ghostface:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.