Final Hot 100 predictions (2/24): Beyoncé #2 with 186pts

B-Luke

1 hour ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

Now both of you. I read a bit of your convo and I think I understand both sides. 

On one hand, mypainttoyou has experienced racial slurs towards her idol Ms. Swift and to clarify that she wrote "black Twitter" since it's the black people on Twitter who were, according to that user, writing racist remarks about Taylor. Then we have swissman misunderstanding that a bit and thinking mypainttoyou was only calling out black Twitter as a racist remark as well. I don't think mypainttoyou was being racist. A black person calling out a white person who's been racist isn't racist for doing that either. You should both try to communicate with each other without the race card which both of you threw. 

Congrats to Beyoncé for challenging a #2 or even a #1. 

And Taylor Swift is cringe. That's all. 

I appreciate you trying to mediate the situation but I think you've misunderstood the dynamics entirely.

I began by lamenting the immature vindictiveness of stan culture through that user's comment. In response to my suggestion that the user was being vindictive, the user carelessly tossed out a statement about how "black twitter people" should support Beyoncé if she wants success, and apparently as you've stated, informed by past experiences not expressed in this conversation (again, immature vindictiveness).

As @Rotunda pointed out, this reads close to the racist remark: “If Black people worked hard like White people they'd be successful", often uttered when a Black person voices the lack of support from white people or the white system. I was clear in what I said. I called it "near racist", which means it read as a type of micro-aggression. They essentially said they would not support Beyoncé and that it's black people's responsibility to do that...which I duno, does this not sound at all segregative to you? I don't care if the user never purchases a Beyoncé song ever, but I do care about how they went about expressing this and the reasons given.

Now, for the idea that I have pulled out some "race card here", "pulling a race card" isn't when someone explicitly makes a disparaging remark relative to race and you call them out for it or even mistake it as racism due to the the way they have brought it up. "Pulling a race card" is when you bring up race when it is otherwise inapplicable. Keep in mind, I did not bring up or make any reference to race whatsoever until I was responding to them doing so. If I pulled any card, I pulled a card they set on the table themselves. Whether or not what they meant was portrayed in their words doesn't stop us all from reading the words as they are written. I didn't have to pull a "race card" to prove my point about immature vindictiveness. They already did it, they continued to do so, and followed up with more of it.

And just to conclude, reverse racism doesn't exist, not in the USA, at least. Prejudices that cannot wholly result in systemic control or produce a power imbalance are obviously not morally sound but are not examples of racism.

Edited by swissman
  • Like 5

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• swissman

• pride4jc1222

• B-Luke

Good for Bey, I hope she gets it from Jack

Acapella and instrumental are out on iTunes…..and Tidal:giraffe:

COME ON GAYSS,I KNOW YOU DONT WANT TO SEE KANYE WIN…

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Kh-Loud
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kh-Loud said:

Acapella and instrumental are out on iTunes…..and Tidal:giraffe:

COME ON GAYSS,I KNOW YOU DONT WANT TO SEE KANYE WIN…

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

anyone have an iTunes link it's not showing up for me.

EDIT I FOUND IT (on Apple Music which can take me to iTunes), sneaky lady.

Edited by swissman

It’s time to unite against that evil man! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She and kanye are SO close

I love 

Edited by Maxxie
  • Thumbs Down 20

Cruel Summer didn’t outlast the benson boom and teddy swims songs this week only to still be blocked from #2 by 2 newer songs…

(the difference between an extra 2nd place or a 4th could decide whether CS makes it into the top 100 biggest singles of all time or not.)

Edited by Kasix
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I guess the new digital versions can get it to #2 if the streams stay stable

Only 6 points away? swifite need to focus on Cruel Summer to block both of these two :bird:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Taylor should find a way to delete Kanye :gaycat4: (from Spotify)

• Like 1

A top 3 debut for Bey would be a fantastic result considering she isn’t getting the full tracking week. I was expecting a similar debut to Break My Soul, so somewhere in the top 15.

And it’s well deserved too. One of her best lead singles.

Also great seeing Yeah back on the charts. That song will never not get me hyped.

39 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

It’s time to unite against that evil man! 

Yeah, we need to find a way to get Lovin on Me off the top for good. Maybe someone create a playlist of Texas Hold Em, Beautiful Things, and Lose Control on repeat.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

20 minutes ago, HappierJealousy said:

Only 6 points away? swifite need to focus on Cruel Summer to block both of these two :bird:

and you need to get a damn job

GO BEYONCÉ :clap3:

United States

iTunes:
1. TEXAS HOLD 'EM
2. 16 CARRIAGES
3. TEXAS HOLD 'EM
19. TEXAS HOLD 'EM
27. TEXAS HOLD 'EM

54 minutes ago, Gossip_Boy said:

A top 3 debut for Bey would be a fantastic result considering she isn’t getting the full tracking week. I was expecting a similar debut to Break My Soul, so somewhere in the top 15.

And it’s well deserved too. One of her best lead singles.

Also great seeing Yeah back on the charts. That song will never not get me hyped.

Yall say anything? One of her best leads? Then when the song halts, it will be something else... Do yall ever just enjoy the music? 

4 minutes ago, El Nino said:

Yall say anything? One of her best leads? Then when the song halts, it will be something else... Do yall ever just enjoy the music? 

Yes. Top 3. IMO only Crazy in Love and Formation are better.

1 minute ago, family.guy123 said:

Is this already an early contender for the YE #1?

Let it get to #1 for a single week on the Hot 100, first lol

• Haha 1

Just now, family.guy123 said:

Is this already an early contender for the YE #1?

This monster truck sized set up :rip:

1 minute ago, Attaboy said:

This monster truck sized set up :rip:

They're a regular Bey troll lol