Taylor Swift drag goes mega-viral on TikTok

americanshameless

BrandNewBrandon
8 minutes ago, WildHeart said:

Many posts did. You just ignored them for very obvious reason. Just a few examples, 

By coming with examples of friggin' COMMERCIALS :toofunny2: 

All of them could've announced all at the ceremony yet chose not to because it's tacky. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• americanshameless

• WildHeart

• The Music Industry

• BrandNewBrandon

Idk why people are getting so worked up about Taylor being called a narcissist. Didn’t she say in Anti-Hero that she thinks that of herself sometimes? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

People went to Spotify to see if Midnights was really that good :michael: Has nothing to do with them criticising her afterwards. 

And it seems like they liked what they heard, seeing as how her consumption levels have stayed at that heightened, post-Grammys scale. Those viral TikToks you keep citing as "genuine dislike" don't seem to have any negative effects on what really matters. :michael:

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

By coming with examples of friggin' COMMERCIALS :toofunny2: 

All of them could've announced all at the ceremony yet chose not to because it's tacky. 

Sorry I don't know how to respond without burst out laughing to a post from someone who seriously compared announcing an album at the Grammys to killing a baby 

image0.gif?ex=65d75bbc&is=65c4e6bc&hm=e3

Edited by WildHeart
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

Yall are just making the TTPD release and the subsequent massive sales, records broken, culture dominance, etc even more enjoyable for us. We'll gloat even harder dd;:

:ryan3:

We already know why yall Stan her but thanks for confirming it I guess? 

5 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

her downfall is nearing... it was bad for her. 

Karma is her boyfriend :gaycat2:

Not gonna change anything and this is not the first time this is happening. 

In fact, her next album will debut with even bigger numbers. When will these LOSERS learn?

:khalyan:

1 hour ago, ttsmu said:

I can see their suffering everytime a Swiftie post this image:

and we can see your suffering everytime you sprint to enter a Taylor-related thread

• Haha 1

Taylor IS a narcissist and it’s overwhelmingly apparent. She’s also unnaturally hardworking (probably more than any of our faves, honestly). Both can be true :cm:

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The only problem I see is that she came up to the stage and acted as if she's at her concert with only her fans watching, telling how she'll go backstage to post the cover. I mean, most people in that room and on TV don't even care if she's releasing. 

That's not even a problem. Just... it felt out of place

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pop Art said:

Is her downfall slowly starting to happen? :eek: My FYP has never been more full of one type of video than these types of Taylor drags since Sunday but you never know if that really means something or if it's just your corner of the internet. :deadbanana:

Here's some of the ones I've seen:

Hide contents

The secons video took me out :redface:

BrandNewBrandon
30 minutes ago, WildHeart said:

Sorry I don't know how to respond without burst out laughing to a post from someone who seriously compared announcing an album at the Grammys to killing a baby 

image0.gif?ex=65d75bbc&is=65c4e6bc&hm=e3

You're truly a Taylor stan with that MANIPULATION :laugh:

I made an analogy of a die-hard Swift fan excusing her worst moves. Big difference. 

• Thumbs Down 1

23 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

and we can see your suffering everytime you sprint to enter a Taylor-related thread

Sure :zzz:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The only problem I see is that she came up to the stage and acted as if she's at her concert with only her fans watching, telling how she'll go backstage to post the cover. I mean, most people in that room and on TV don't even care if she's releasing. 

Most of the people there literally cared enough to vote for her and that's why she's even there: to collect an award that her peers voted to win.

And most likely would vote for her again next year with this new album.

Edited by Rep2000
  • Like 1

Swifties are defending Taylor like she pays their rent and breastfeeds them into existence. 

In reality Taylor only cares about her fans because of what they will do for her. Here's the most recent receipt so far:

1. Over 20+ different versions of Midnights. Some with special songs, remixes, album covers, and form a 'clock'. Smart? yes. Calculative and cunning? yes. She wants to make sure her fans buy at least more than one copy and help her get those sales and records

2. Charging her fans ridiculous amount for her concert ticket, on average 700-1400. On top of that she allowed dynamic pricing which increases the tickets to thousands, even tens of thousands. Did we forget she never addressed this issue? she only addressed the website being down, nothing about the price gouging.

3. Release the Eras Tour in the cinema, only to release it again but the extended version for rent (she knows swifties will purchase both). Was the hundreds of millions in box office not enough? 

4. Bookmark this: the TPD logo on her album cover will be capitalised so much. She'll release a range of merchandise, particularly jewellery. And swifities will devour them.

The above wouldn't be as big of an issue if her main demographic wasn't teenagers... 

Am I right or am I not wrong?:WAP:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8
  • Thumbs Down 4

9 minutes ago, JJZAW said:

The above wouldn't be as big of an issue if her main demographic wasn't teenagers... 

this weird narrative that atrl always pushes :rip: if anything taylor's fans are primarily 25-35, she's been releasing music since 2006 and already had a pretty large fanbase by 2010 when most present day teenagers were barely 5 years old :rip:

Edited by shookspeare
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

You're truly a Taylor stan with that MANIPULATION :laugh:

I made an analogy of a die-hard Swift fan excusing her worst moves. Big difference. 

Not the "die hard Swift fan made me do it" card, I- :bibliahh:

OTHs are so delulu they think the swifties made them come up with a "killing a baby" analogy. Like, we just can't make this **** up :dies:.

9 minutes ago, JJZAW said:

Swifties are defending Taylor like she pays their rent and breastfeeds them into existence. 

In reality Taylor only cares about her fans because of what they will do for her. Here's the most recent receipt so far:

1. Over 20+ different versions of Midnights. Some with special songs, remixes, album covers, and form a 'clock'. Smart? yes. Calculative and cunning? yes. She wants to make sure her fans buy at least more than one copy and help her get those sales and records

2. Charging her fans ridiculous amount for her concert ticket, on average 700-1400. On top of that she allowed dynamic pricing which increases the tickets to thousands, even tens of thousands. Did we forget she never addressed this issue? she only addressed the website being down, nothing about the price gouging.

3. Release the Eras Tour in the cinema, only to release it again but the extended version for rent (she knows swifties will purchase both). Was the hundreds of millions in box office not enough? 

4. Bookmark this: the TPD logo on her album cover will be capitalised so much. She'll release a range of merchandise, particularly jewellery. And swifities will devour them.

Am I right or am I not wrong?:WAP:

1. Every artist releases versions, many release more versions than Taylor

2. There was no dynamic pricing for her tour, unlike Harry Styles, Coldplay, Beyoncé and many others 

3. Every cinematic movie is first released for rent and PVOD before being put on streaming platforms. This is the most bog-standard release strategy for every movie

4. Every artist sells merch 

5. 63% of people who watched the Eras Tour at the movies were between 18-34 years old

You are in fact wrong about everything you said, which is kind of impressive I guess 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

14 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

Most of the people there literally cared enough to vote for her and that's why she's even there: to collect an award that her peers voted to win.

And most likely would vote for her again next year with this new album.

The same ones that cared for Jon Batiste? Just because she won an award doesn't mean that those people are her fans and have some special connection with her

• Thumbs Down 1

31 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Interesting how its only bad when Taylor does it.

But when Gaga swept the 2010 VMAs she did the same things Taylor did - talked directly to her fans, announced her album name, sang the chorus to her new single, and even handed her meat purse to Cher while accepting an award. Where was the outrage about all of that?

Taylor is the only one who gets heat for the most ridiculous BS.

• Confused 1

I don’t know why any part of this is still focused on Taylor announcing an album to a room of people who allegedly don’t care for her when she obviously made the announcement with the literally millions of streaming and TV viewers in mind, knowing a huge portion would be fans literally only watching to see if she won. Like we’re acting as if she did this at some closed-door formal luncheon put on by some committee that donates to rich people’s yacht clubs and not the nationally televised Grammy Awards that have consistently been a pivotal part of her career for fifteen years. Who cares if she made that moment all about her? It literally was! She won an award in front of an audience of millions! And to top it off, I was hearing all week before that how the Grammys are irrelevant these days and don’t actually matter, and now people are all up in arms about something so weirdly miniscule. Like I swear to god people just make **** up at this point.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

this weird narrative that atrl always pushes :rip: if anything taylor's fans are primarily 25-35, she's been releasing music since 2006 and already had a pretty large fanbase by 2010 when most present day teenagers were barely 5 years old :rip:

Hey kids! Spelling is fun! :gaycat2:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JJZAW said:

Hey kids! Spelling is fun! :gaycat2:

yeah and then she had to take out that lyric because her grown ass fans were not having it so idk what your point is :rip:

Edited by shookspeare
  • Haha 3

It's always the uglies coming for her.

ew

17 minutes ago, Dephira said:

1. Every artist releases versions, many release more versions than Taylor

2. There was no dynamic pricing for her tour, unlike Harry Styles, Coldplay, Beyoncé and many others 

3. Every cinematic movie is first released for rent and PVOD before being put on streaming platforms. This is the most bog-standard release strategy for every movie

4. Every artist sells merch 

5. 63% of people who watched the Eras Tour at the movies were between 18-34 years old

You are in fact wrong about everything you said, which is kind of impressive I guess 

All I'm hearing is "because someone else is doing it, then it must be morally and ethically right". Try again.

Taylor signed up for dynamic pricing (at least in the US with Ticketmaster). A quick google search would show you. Try again. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.