Taylor Swift drag goes mega-viral on TikTok

americanshameless

5 minutes ago, Aaron said:

How many more times are you gonna edit this post to make it ‘sassier!(:’ :rip: 

So much for “literally not even caring!! gosh!”

Why are you so bothered or even keeping tracks of edited changes?

The obsession.

:ryan3:

• Haha 4

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• americanshameless

• WildHeart

• The Music Industry

• BrandNewBrandon

BrandNewBrandon

I've seen sooooo many TikToks with hundreds of thousands of likes and thousands of comments and most of the comments are dragging her as well. One event was enough for people to turn on her. I mean, she basically announced an engagement at a wedding, dragged a friend who was in the same category as her to showcase to the world that she lost to Taylor, that rude gesture of her to put that Grammy on that boygenius' member's head after she said no and you can clearly see on Taylor she totally ignored her and last but not least THE snub of Celine Dion. 

And no amount of backstage photos will ever take away the absolutely pathetic behaviour she showcased on stage, treating Celine like she was a ******* table. And even her singing and dancing is so acted because she's always doing THE most to show everyone and their mothers that she's such a sweetheart etc. The people that are genuinely sweethearts don't show it as much because they don't NEED to. Taylor's like if someone in a room got killed and a detective is asking who did it and that one suspect is all like "it wasn't me" 50 times throughout the investigation only to be caught because it WAS that person :laugh: I'm glad both Taylor and her stans are being dragged like this because they truly deserve it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

Just now, Rep2000 said:

Why are you so bothered or even keeping tracks of edited changes?

The obsession.

They’ve really lost the plot, I fear. Also not them complaining about Swifties liking each others posts when it’s the same users liking each others messages for the past few pages. They really thought

OT: 

I wonder if we’ll see a similar response after Super Bowl Sunday s:wan:

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

I mean, she basically announced an engagement at a wedding,

The way y’all use the same exact phrasing kinda sends me, especially considering that this analogy makes 0 sense, and not one of you cared about the other artists who “announced their engagements” at the Grammy wedding 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, IBelonginYourArms said:

You just know that no matter how hard her stans hide behind her numbers, it still absolutely KILLS them (and Taylor herself) seeing the amount of lashings their miss Americana is getting and that's so fun about it since she's her image of America's darling doesn't align with her being an insecure fake hag who will always be miserable no matter how many accolades she gets :toofunny2: That's why she's been so desperate trying to break into the movie industry first as an actress and now as director/screenwriters. Those AOTYs and streams will never be enough for her :deadbanana2:

Sad

notice how not one of them is acknowledging her actions and they’re just saying she’ll never be overexposed she won’t have a downfall etc 😭

• Thanks 6

I love how we swifties are being labeled as "parasocial" or Elon fans like, while we are not even the ones who say they don't even like Taylor, and yet they are still here writing essays, replying to every quotes, and consistently clicking and showing up in every Taylor threads' first page, especially if it's a negative thread.

And then have the audacity to call us "obsessed"?!?

Like, gurls, the call is from inside the house.

It makes sense for swifties to be in Taylor's threads. So why are some of y'all here?

Edited by Rep2000
  • Like 3

Perfectly said :clap3: well done to this tik toker :clap3:

• Thumbs Down 1

Not gonna lie it's soo funny to see people trying to bring Taylor down. Like this girl is just a straight up hater, the way she says "it's hard to stomach for me" like imagine being THAT bothered by someone else's success? Last week there were viral tiktoks about the private jet thing trying to bring her down and now this, and next week we will have something about the superbowl and the same group of people will make videos dragging her. Swifties might be insufferable but taylor haters are as annoying, these people have been on her neck since 2016 and since then she's been getting win after win after win after win like GET OVER IT :rip: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Taylor can be annoying and cringey but people are doing too much. It’s not that serious :rip:

• Like 3

BrandNewBrandon
4 hours ago, Storm653 said:

Yep. It's over. She's not gonna bounce back from this. Taylor has never experienced backlash online before this moment. 

Nah, this is something else. Before you'd see people stand in her corner, defend her in the comments etc. and right now it's literally FILLED with dislikes. This is not stan Twitter, this is TikTok where the general public sits and watches and comments. This is from the GP so those pity stan wars and music lovers being against her for a quick minute is nothing compared to your Average Joe saying he's sick of her and her peers have more talent. 

The thing that amuses me is that this has been seen before with other acts. And it ALWAYS ended with a decrease in popularity that the fandom of said artist only saw when it was too late. So all these "nothing is going to change" narratives are quite stupid. 

Edited by BrandNewBrandon
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

Taylor being the it girl of atrl, every thread is about her :WAP:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The original video is so hilarious. I don't really see anybody being "sooo pissed". What were these people in the crowd suppose to do? Act shocked and excited because almighty Taylor Swift announced yet another album? "I don't get it".

BrandNewBrandon
9 minutes ago, Dephira said:

The way y’all use the same exact phrasing kinda sends me, especially considering that this analogy makes 0 sense, and not one of you cared about the other artists who “announced their engagements” at the Grammy wedding 

Because it's an analogy that's used to describe a self-absorbed person. 

Who tf announced a day-and-date album release at the Grammys? These aren't some fanvoted awards. She talked to her peers like they were fans :rip: Love that fact that you're trying to excuse her actions. It's giving "Taylor killed that baby because it was mean" :toofunny2:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, bad guy said:

It’s not just on Tiktok but the real world as well. I can’t count how many people have mentioned being sick of her/disliking her when football is brought up during work. Not just coworkers but clients as well. Many people claiming the NFL rigged for the Chiefs to get to the Superbowl (them beating the Ravens was a huge upset and many football fans felt the rules were being bended) since this Travis/Taylor PR shtick is raking the NFL millions. 

I mean she’s always been kinda annoying so her rigged AOTY win, nonstop PR exposure, her eco-terrorism doesn’t help.

THE MENTAL ILLNESS LMAO :ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh:

From rigging the Grammys to rigging NFL footbal matches, her power is truly unmatched :ahh:

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Dephira said:

:dies:

Them thinking these TikTok comments have any effect as if her streams have not jumped by 10M after the Grammys despite all this supposed viral backlash. :deadbanana2:

• Haha 2

BrandNewBrandon
2 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Them thinking these TikTok comments have any effect as if her streams have not jumped by 10M after the Grammys despite all this supposed viral backlash. :deadbanana2:

Please don't compare playlists and auto-play to genuine dislike for an artist. The Swift fans thinking she'll continue being on top is more hilarious :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

Because it's an analogy that's used to describe a self-absorbed person. 

Who tf announced a day-and-date album release at the Grammys? These aren't some fanvoted awards. She talked to her peers like they were fans :rip: Love that fact that you're trying to excuse her actions. It's giving "Taylor killed that baby because it was mean" :toofunny2:

I know you did not just compare her announcing an album to killing a baby :dies: analogies really aren’t your strong suit hun. I promise no one believes that you are that outraged by her actions 

and Kacey Musgraves just did at the same exact show  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

notice how not one of them is acknowledging her actions and they’re just saying she’ll never be overexposed she won’t have a downfall etc 😭

Many posts did. You just ignored them for very obvious reason. Just a few examples, 

4 hours ago, Illuminati said:

This is so dumb and debunkable, like for example she didn't announce her album during the AOTY speech. She didn't hijack the show where EVERYONE comes to promote something, Dua sang her yet to be released song and Kacey announced her own album (iirc).

Adele was praised for acknowledging Beyonce after winning AOTY for 25 but for Taylor to get Lana on stage it's somehow bad? She didn't in any way shade Celine, she sang along to her song right before accepting the award. She hung out with her afterwards.... :skull: 

It just shows how uninformed the average gp listener is :hoetenks: And the girls eat it up because there's NOTHING substantial to drag Taylor for.

3 hours ago, Hunter_13 said:

The backlash to her announcement of her new album is so weird to me? Did Kacey Musgraves literally not have a commercial announcing her new album? Did Dua not open the show with a yet to be released song? Sza literally had a commercial performing her new Saturn song? It's only a conversation now because it's Taylor. :redface:

3 hours ago, Cult Leader 𐕣𐕣 said:

People fuming about her announcing her album during her acceptance and turning it into a bad thing is so hilarious. Taylor didn’t “make” anything “about her”. She literally won an award and if she wants to announce HER album during HER acceptance speech about HER album, she can do that :rip: she’s not the first person to do that :rip:

Also i’m sick of the Lana and Celine discourse :deadbanana2: people act as if she went up there, pushed her out the way, called that lady a b!tch and spit on her as she walked off of stage. Celine didn’t even feel like it was a “snub. Taylor was singing to Celine’s song as she was making her entrance and took a photo with her. If Celine isn’t upset, WHY are you :deadbanana2: If any other artist did this you would not give a single **** :rip:

Also, she literally brought Lana on the stage because that is her friend and even though she didn’t win any grammys, she wanted to bring Lana onstage to praise her and let her have some sort of moment and include her in her acceptance speech. 

Hating Taylor needs to be classified as a mental illness at this point because the amount of mental gymnastics and reaching I’ve seen this past week is just….  :deadbanana2: like literally is everything okay at home?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Nah She'll be alright, and her next album will debut with another million, because she has crazy large fan base.

2 hours ago, Gaia said:

It’s funny that Swifties are like “Oh no, she’s crying with her 90M daily streams!”

If you don’t care so much why are you arguing with every post :deadbanana2:

It's even funnier how some of you just need a safe space to scream at the walls how you hate Taylor Swift and how she's about to get her career ended by a single tiktok like go off sis if this is gonna make you sleep better at night :ahh:

• Haha 3

Just now, BrandNewBrandon said:

Please don't compare playlists and auto-play to genuine dislike for an artist.

I'm sure the playlist reach that has stayed the same before and after the Grammys was the reason why her streams suddenly had a big jump and have remained at that level for the past few days. :laugh:

Just now, BrandNewBrandon said:

The Swift fans thinking she'll continue being on top is more hilarious :laugh:

Perhaps you're accustomed to artists fizzling out quickly with your fave, but this is Taylor Swift we're talking about it here.

If she was able to be on top of the industry in 2019, a relatively lowkey year for her, I have no doubts that she'll remain on top for many more years to come now that she's much bigger. :laugh:

• Thanks 2

• ATRL Moderator

1) A female public figure becomes successful, millions of people jump on the bandwagon, and every move she makes is intently analysed and broadcast (because it sells) to the point that coverage of her is impossible to escape. Embrace her or be left out.

2) Counter-criticism begins bubbling up about the new popular thing (“does anyone else think that X is overr-”) because it always does. People who don’t like the thing become increasingly frustrated that the world is not validating their opinion and, because female public figures in particular are only afforded a certain level of success, that group grows progressively bigger.

3) The female artist does something (usually minor) that validates the growing dislike. It spreads like wildfire, meaningful criticisms are hyper-exaggerated, new criticisms are misrepresented or entirely made up, and the social media echo chamber dictates this will be the only content you see for a week. Join in or be left out.

4) The female public figure in question lays low for a few months and another internet punching bag takes her place for 48 hours, and the female public figure the internet decided they no longer like makes a quote-unquote ‘comeback’ after a period of non-activity that is universally embraced. See also: Jennifer Lawrence.

5) Rise and repeat.

None of this is surprising, noteworthy, or even particularly worthy of discussion. It’s also not unique to Taylor Swift, to the point that even Swifties have been predicting this was coming for months - because we’ve all seen it a million times before. What I do find pretty noteworthy is the joy some of you seem to be getting from it?

Taylor will be fine, as she always is. She’s been here before, she’ll be here again. I log on here, see “universal dislike,” and then walk out my front door to find nothing but universal excitement about her shows next week. The only thing different this time is that Taylor no longer seems to care.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

People are doing too much. They should be dragging her for her horrible singing and dancing instead!! Maybe make one of the countless videos of her horrible singing n dancing go viral instead? 

Edited by Kh-Loud
  • Haha 4

BrandNewBrandon
4 minutes ago, Feanor said:

I'm sure the playlist reach that has stayed the same before and after the Grammys was the reason why her streams suddenly had a big jump and have remained at that level for the past few days. :laugh:

People went to Spotify to see if Midnights was really that good :michael: Has nothing to do with them criticising her afterwards. 

Edited by BrandNewBrandon

1 minute ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

People went to Spotify to see if Midnights was really that good :michael: Has nothing to do with them criticising her afterwards. 

Just loud and wrong since Midnights is not even her most streamed album daily (and it didn't even get a big boost post-Grammys since it has CRAZY stability on streaming). 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.