Has Ariana lost her hitmaking ability?

airplane

She went from effortlessly debuting at the top to needing a billion versions of her “single” to top the chart (which will obviously free fall to the pits after week 1)

The fact that she’s doing all of the below just to lead by 5 points on the Hot 100 shows that her fanbase and overall power has significantly diminished. How is she unable to largerly increase the points margin (considering how many versions of the song there are)?

Her public image is already in the mud and the song keeps decreasing in streams everyday. How can she turn this around before it’s too late?

I like the song btw and don't hate her :lakitu:

Exhibits:

GENuZQzXMAAUDVd?format=jpg&name=large

GEGs09WW4AAkW5G?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by airplane
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 8
  • Thumbs Down 29

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• airplane

• Badgalbriel

• wxvii

• byzantium

No. She debuted with 13M+ for hype alone.

Yes And is only freefalling because it was a bad lead choice and has no strong chorus

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

artists rise, peak, then they gradually decline

(unless they are taylor swift)

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Haha 1

I think people are too quick to press on the panic button. Give it time. No wonder these labels abort projects so quickly. Let her go through her process.

Yes and ? is not an immediate banger, but on my second listening with lyrics and the visual, I immediately saw the appeal. Either way, her voice is just perfectly pop coded. 

Also, Ariana's strenght is in performance, she'll need that to stay afloat or at the top.

• Thanks 2

She just needs to drop the album... one or two songs can go viral on tiktok and turned into singles for that hit :foxaylove2:

Song is weak and not memorable enough. 

• Thanks 1

Her image is tarnished beyond repair, she’s lost her youthful looks/beauty plus she’s older now and she never truly established a solid fan base she was just the it girl during like 2 years but the GP has moved on.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

after the initial peak the song seem stable on still great daily numbers so I don't see any problem and I see a hit. 

it is her ME! the song is too fun/camp/musical/gay for the GP who only likes sad girl music.

I think the home wrecking allegations actually did damage her image plus yes and doesn’t hit that hard against that bad press unlike look what made you me do.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

Just now, vale9001 said:

after the initial peak the song seem stable on still great daily numbers so I don't see any problem and I see a hit. 

it keeps dropping in streams. Todays update has a drop of half a million streams :rip:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Revolution said:

it is her ME! the song is too fun/camp/musical/gay for the GP who only likes sad girl music.

Please this is miles better than MEH

• Like 4

couldl've been alot worse with the controversy surrounding her.. she was actually smart for this and Ariana always has some smashes saved for album release.

Max Martin is burnt out but there does not yet appear to be a consistent next generation ‘Hit’ songwriter with his former songwriting strengths to replace him. 

Ariana has enough fans who will remain loyal and hold out for stronger material but it feels like 5 minutes ago she flew back to the U.S. from England after filming “Wicked” and began her album from scratch.

The quality of the first single is reflective of how rushed the studio sessions were.  Meanwhile there are others who scheduled studio time with Max just prior to Ariana (including Madonna), whose material is still being finished off and is yet to be heard.

Edited by Dante Silva

You're 100% correct

All your dreams came true

5 minutes ago, wxvii said:

A potential #2 debut being “dragworthy” on ATRL is exactly how I know y’all are out of touch. :rip:

This song is expected to do just 265 points which is a massive decline compared to her other songs. Mind you, this one has like 69 various versions to buy and stream but it’s not doing anything for her :toofunny3:

Edited by airplane
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

You're 100% correct

All your dreams came true

the song still would debut high. the mixes just lock in that #1

7 minutes ago, wxvii said:

A potential #2 debut being “dragworthy” on ATRL is exactly how I know y’all are out of touch. :rip:

Loverboy?

No scooter no hits :michael:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, airplane said:

This song is expected to do just 265 points which is a massive decline compared to her other songs. Mind you, this one has like 69 various versions to buy and stream but it’s not doing anything for her :toofunny3:

The fact that all those songs are #1s and she's close to tying Katy (whose #1s are all remembered) tells you how much the charts these days are a joke :rip:

Yes, and is a bop though and is absolutely single material, I'm not sure where all the criticisms of it being 'weak' are coming from

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.