If Mariah and J.Lo toured in 2024, who would gross more?

GiftFromGod

Who would have a more successful tour?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who would have a more successful tour?

• Mariah
    • J.Lo

HEAVYONIT

If it was a US tour, probably Mariah. If it was a world tour, I'm not sure. JLo would have big numbers in Latin America. There's a lot of variables here. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevyy

• suburbannature

• Inverted

• HardBambi

1 hour ago, HEAVYONIT said:

If it was a US tour, probably Mariah. If it was a world tour, I'm not sure. JLo would have big numbers in Latin America. There's a lot of variables here. 

Mariah - to this day - plays big arenas in Asia. I think J.Lo would perform better in Europe. I have almost no doubt about that, 

Instead of finding arguments of why artist X or artist Y is a touring flop (which is almost never true in most cases), we should acknowledge more what we DO know about previous and the latest information that we got. 

Mariah is no A-List touring force and no lamb has ever claimed that. However, Mariah just logically cannot be a touring flop because no venue would continue to book her or no promoter would support any of her tours if she would struggle to sell out 500 seats Basketball courts - as what was claimed here. 

I find it so funny that people shade her 2023 Xmas Tour - her biggest individual concert serioues in almost 20 years... Why can't people just accept that that tour (a small Arena Tour which graced 2 countries) was a success? 

I would never call a tour which grossed $2m per concert a flop because it quite literally and objectively is not. 

Just my 2 cents. 

3 hours ago, stevyy said:

Mariah grossed over $30 million with her 16 dates Arena Tour in November and December of 2023. 

I think that's a good result. Grossing 2 million per show and have up to 17,000 people attend on the bigger areans and over 12k at the smaller ones, was a great result for Mariah. 

Imagine the tour having twice as many concerts. 

That's Mariah's main "problem" when you look at her revenue per concert. The woman has had tours with less than 10 concerts. It's so funny when people use CB Tour (2003) as reference of how well she could sell.  During the CB Tour she could only sell theatres in the US. 20 years later she sold out the Hollywood Bowl twice, the Madison Square Garden twice and other big venues. Maybe Mariah became a touring force in 2023 or whatever. 

Over the past 13 months, Mariah has sold out Madison Square Garden 4 times

I will never understand why ATRL acts as if the woman performs at Basketball courts (a literal quote from by troll here). Just look at what was reported and what we know and your vitriol gets debunked. 

Gurl,  even Dua Lipa has a $90 million grosing tour while Mariah cound't get half of that :rip: Among all music legends her touring numers are pathetic

Edited by Raptus

On 1/16/2024 at 5:21 AM, GiftFromGod said:

Considering they played the same amount of venues. 

Vegas numbers : J.Lo is the winner, effortlessly. 

:gaylocat1:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yudelkis said:

Vegas numbers : J.Lo is the winner, effortlessly. 

:gaylocat1:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

do numbers lie

not even a fan, but for all the talk about how jlo is over on here, the numbers tell a different story i fear :ryan3:

Edited by ohwow
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Raptus said:

Gurl,  even Dua Lipa has a $90 million grosing tour while Mariah cound't get half of that :rip: Among all music legends her touring numers arepathetic

They are not.

Concert series: 16 - 345 shows - $281 million

Residencies: 6 - 115 shows - $50 million 

= 460 concerts 

= $331 million grossed

adjusted for inflation: $441 million

Tours: $380 million

Residencies: $60,6 million

17 minutes ago, Ramooon said:

do numbers lie

In this case: yes.

J.Lo performed way more shows. 71 is more than 50. 

Her venue was larger than the prestigious Caesars Palace 7k versus 4,1k. 

Comparing those stats at face value 1:1 is not logical in my opinion. 

10 hours ago, stevyy said:

Mariah grossed over $30 million with her 16 dates Arena Tour in November and December of 2023. 

I think that's a good result. Grossing 2 million per show and have up to 17,000 people attend on the bigger areans and over 12k at the smaller ones, was a great result for Mariah. 

Imagine the tour having twice as many concerts. 

That's Mariah's main "problem" when you look at her revenue per concert. The woman has had tours with less than 10 concerts. It's so funny when people use CB Tour (2003) as reference of how well she could sell.  During the CB Tour she could only sell theatres in the US. 20 years later she sold out the Hollywood Bowl twice, the Madison Square Garden twice and other big venues. Maybe Mariah became a touring force in 2023 or whatever. 

Over the past 13 months, Mariah has sold out Madison Square Garden 4 times

I will never understand why ATRL acts as if the woman performs at Basketball courts (a literal quote from by troll here). Just look at what was reported and what we know and your vitriol gets debunked. 

I'm sorry, but what "vitriol" are you referring to?

Unlike some of your fellow stans in this thread (and others), I've actually been very polite and the post of mine you quoted didn't undermine or diminish Mariah's ability to tour. All I did was respond to the mis/disinformation trolls responded in this thread with pretending that there is no demand for  a J.Lo tour when that is clearly not the case as evidenced by her numbers. No need to lie to diminish a celebrity you dislike. It's never that serious.

P.S. This is just like the other threads where you get annoyed when I point out that Asia =/= East Asia or Asia = 10 countries when you boast about Mariah being a success in Asia. I actually think it's very impressive that Mariah is popular in 10 countries in a continent that's VERY hard for western artists to penetrate, but. for the last time, 10 countries is not Asia. It's a huge and diverse continent.

• Like 1

The one with good presence stage 

Mariah was never a touring act. I mean, she did but sparsely even during her peak. This was never her strength.

JLo probably wins this for now. I don't know if JLo could maintain this though as she doesn't really have any timeless songs and her musical relevance hinges on party songs that are going to be outdated soon.

3 hours ago, Inverted said:

I'm sorry, but what "vitriol" are you referring to?

Unlike some of your fellow stans in this thread (and others), I've actually been very polite and the post of mine you quoted didn't undermine or diminish Mariah's ability to tour. All I did was respond to the mis/disinformation trolls responded in this thread with pretending that there is no demand for  a J.Lo tour when that is clearly not the case as evidenced by her numbers. No need to lie to diminish a celebrity you dislike. It's never that serious.

P.S. This is just like the other threads where you get annoyed when I point out that Asia =/= East Asia or Asia = 10 countries when you boast about Mariah being a success in Asia. I actually think it's very impressive that Mariah is popular in 10 countries in a continent that's VERY hard for western artists to penetrate, but. for the last time, 10 countries is not Asia. It's a huge and diverse continent.

Nobody I know charts in Uzkebistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Mongoloa, Nepal, Laos, Myanmar, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, Yemen, Kuwait, Bahrain, Kazakhstan, Jordan, Tajikistan, Oman, Bhutan, Brunei, Syria and co.

Mariah has charted in:

Japan

S. Korea

Thailand

Taiwan

Hong Kong

Lebanon

Vietnam

Phillippines

Singapore

Malaysia

Indonesia

UAE

MENA (Middle EAST North Africa)

and performed decently enough in China Mainland and India. 

U act like that 50 countries in Asia would have viable music industries which is totally obnoxious. 

Itunes or AM or Spotify =/= official charts. If they were then Mariah literally charted in 45 / 50 Asian countries. 

20 hours ago, stevyy said:

Nobody I know charts in Uzkebistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Mongoloa, Nepal, Laos, Myanmar, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, Yemen, Kuwait, Bahrain, Kazakhstan, Jordan, Tajikistan, Oman, Bhutan, Brunei, Syria and co.

Mariah has charted in:

Japan

S. Korea

Thailand

Taiwan

Hong Kong

Lebanon

Vietnam

Phillippines

Singapore

Malaysia

Indonesia

UAE

MENA (Middle EAST North Africa)

and performed decently enough in China Mainland and India. 

U act like that 50 countries in Asia would have viable music industries which is totally obnoxious. 

Itunes or AM or Spotify =/= official charts. If they were then Mariah literally charted in 45 / 50 Asian countries. 

No, I'm stating facts. If you want to stick to facts, you should be precise/accurate and just refer to East Asia and some Southeast countries. That's all I've been saying. For years. But you continue to share inaccurate information.

Speaking of inaccurate info, you're STILL repeating LIES. Lebanon and the UAE DO NOT have any official charts so I don't know where you're getting the idea that your fave charted there from. While heavy radio airplay of AIWFCIY in Lebanon in late 2023 is impressive (see, I check facts!), it's not charting. You also mentioned the MENA as being an area that Mariah charted in, but the Middle East and North Africa are made of various countries (like Lebanon and the UAE) and none have any official charts despite many countries in region being super filthy rich. Finally, you stated that iTunes, Apple Music and Spotify aren't official charts; you're correct. Neither is radio. But since you seem to be using radio charts as evidence Mariah can chart in Asian countries, you know plenty of artists that "chart" in Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman (all rich Gulf Arab countries in Middle East), Kazakhstan (well-developed country in Central Asia) and Brunei (rich country in Southeast Asia). Hell, even a restrictive country like Iran (Central Asia) had Ricky Martin go Top 10 on radio and Shazam with a Spanish-language song thanks to Cristiano Ronaldo posting about it on Instagram. :deadbanana2: 

Also, when did Mariah "perform decently enough" in China and India? Gen-Z artists like Taylor Swift or the Weeknd are miraculously able to "chart" in both of those massive countries and 40+ other ones in Asia, not pre-2000 artists. If you're equating cracking the top 100 in streams or Shazam as "decent" then songs like On the Floor were huge all over Asia (not just Japan and South Korea).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.