Final predictions (1/27): Ariana #1, leading by 17pts

B-Luke

1 hour ago, Gerardo said:

I was about to say this, let’s not jinx it yall :rip:

but looks like she has the lead :clap3:

Billboard also said 2 weeks ago that Nicki’s song was in contention for #1 when it wasn’t even reaching #10..

they’re mostly writing puff pieces to get clicks, like TMZ or CNN.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kasix

• pride4jc1222

• Maroonx

• Ger

1 hour ago, whiteferrari said:

the fact that yes, and? out streamed thank u, next during the first week

it was never a flop :bibliahh:

“Next” launches with 55.5 million U.S. streams and 81,000 downloads sold in the week ending Nov. 8, :coffee:

2 hours ago, Jude said:

70% are from streaming aka the actual measurement of today's popularity. Interesting, isn't it?

It's also the most streamed song in the USA this week.

:clap3:

Based on 2023 Luminate data, Digital Sales represented 1.3% of the songs market. So to have 21.3% (percentage of the total of consumption points, aka excluding radio) is kinda exposing how out of touch with the GP and the real world this is

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, elincomprendid said:

Based on 2023 Luminate data, Digital Sales represented 1.3% of the songs market. So to have 21.3% (percentage of the total of consumption points, aka excluding radio) is kinda exposing how out of touch with the GP and the real world this is

n7uGRRx.png

?

Edit - *checks posting history* god damnit, another one of them.

Edited by Communion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dephira said:

It would indeed be far behind LoM without the mass buying and would not have gone #1 otherwise so... sounds like "people" were exactly right?

it would've gone #1 regardless in the end, as per talkofthecharts on twitter. they just underestimated the initial streams and radio, and the 35k sales they had initially predicted were enough to overtake Lovin on Me so the following versions of the song were not needed. gave us a very fun week but the tactics weren't necessary in the end :michael:

The mistress of single week #1s - Rain On Me, Positions, Stuck With U, and now this - her power 

4 minutes ago, naval23 said:

The mistress of single week #1s - Rain On Me, Positions, Stuck With U, and now this - her power 

She’s a mistress alright. 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Communion said:

n7uGRRx.png

?

Edit - *checks posting history* god damnit, another one of them.

Do you know there are other forms of consumption out of Spotify right?

Just now, elincomprendid said:

Do you know there are other forms of consumption out of Spotify right?

vVOj5vt.png

?

I'm sorry but I genuinely don't understand the motivation for icon-less accounts who make 90% of their posts in threads about Taylor to do this needless trolling.

The point you made simply doesn't make sense. The #1 song on overall on-demand streams per HDD is... not in-line with what the GP is consuming?

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

19% is still quite a bit, but there’s nothing wrong with that.

the way the hate on the extra versions backfired cause she didn't even need that to go #1 :clap3:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Taylena said:

Only 0.9M more streams than a song that's been out for 10 weeks. :dies:

Miserable as ever and perched in every thread about this topic I see. Hope you suffer while everyone else celebrates Ari's 8th #1. :heart:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Communion said:

vVOj5vt.png

?

I'm sorry but I genuinely don't understand the motivation for icon-less accounts who make 90% of their posts in threads about Taylor to do this needless trolling.

The point you made simply doesn't make sense. The #1 song on overall on-demand streams per HDD is... not in-line with what the GP is consuming?

They love saying radio is fraudulent but all of sudden they don’t want the #1 most streamed song in paid and free streams, which is also the song with the most sales, to  debut at #1 :redface:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

This tight race ending up being quite loose, just like Ari’s haters. Another L for them. 

spacer.png

• Haha 9

Congrats :heart:

3 hours ago, dawnettakins said:

Miserable as ever and perched in every thread about this topic I see. Hope you suffer while everyone else celebrates Ari's 8th #1. :heart:

On 1/17/2024 at 5:43 AM, dawnettakins said:

Pretty typical to get juvenile or cringe from Ms. Swift.

On 1/17/2024 at 7:25 AM, dawnettakins said:

A Taylor release teas

On 12/7/2023 at 10:13 AM, dawnettakins said:

Meaning bland, basic, boring, and vanilla? 

Then yes.

Of Course Budgeting GIF by Fiscal Fitness Phoenix

On 11/4/2023 at 9:16 PM, dawnettakins said:

Taylor wishes she could have even a quarter of the talent and impact as the The Beatles. Numbers and stats aren't everything, but go off I guess.

:ryan3:

On 11/11/2023 at 3:25 AM, dawnettakins said:

Is McDonald's overrated?

Is water wet?

The answer is yes Ms. Lana Banana 

On 12/1/2023 at 4:59 PM, dawnettakins said:

She's as overrated as it gets.

She could release a fart, then re-record it as Poot (Taylor's Version) and her fans and critics alike would call it the second coming of Jesus Christ Our Savior. :celestial3:

It is hilarious how the tables have turned 

:suburban:

• Haha 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

19% is actually a lot!

I wonder how bad it will free fall though, or will it even?

6 hours ago, Gerardo said:

They love saying radio is fraudulent but all of sudden they don’t want the #1 most streamed song in paid and free streams, which is also the song with the most sales, to  debut at #1 :redface:

If that’s the case, then Billboard needs to retroactively award a week at #1 to Lovin on Me on its debut week, when it was the #1 song in streaming and sales, but lost out to the #10 song in streaming because of an absurd radio gap.

LoM is in the Top 3 of all metrics this week (it’s still strong everywhere, not just radio), and has a more legitimate claim to #1 than the week CS ‘beat out’ LoM.

LoM losing out on both races is proof that the Hot 100 formula needs some tweaking.

14 hours ago, Kasix said:

Hi there! In the 3 short months I’ve been on this forum, I can’t help but notice  your never being, unrelenting, almost broken record-like behavior of voicing your for streaming supremacy and for billboard to doing away with sells or radio. 

In fact, you have inspired me so much that i have decided to write an E-mail to billboard on your behalf. 

let’s sit back and wait for what billboard has to say tomorrow! 

You quoted the wrong person 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

You quoted the wrong person 

I was gonna ******* say :deadbanana4:

I spent like 5 minutes trying to figure out why they'd have that kind of response to what you said :gaycat6:

5 hours ago, Mr. Duff said:

19% is actually a lot!

I wonder how bad it will free fall though, or will it even?

It will remain top 5, most likely top 3

12 hours ago, Communion said:

vVOj5vt.png

?

I said the sales were out of touch with the GP as that was the topic of the thread in case you werent able to read the topic

only?  not surprised ariana stans haven’t passed 6th grade, but one fifth is a lot. way more than organic sales would be 

It's a hit and we love to see it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kasix said:

Unbelievable, billboard have replied under 5 minutes! If only they have this level of efficiency for their normal publishes! 

anyhow, let’s see what they have to say about our request! 

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

😂😂😂😂