Final predictions (1/27): Ariana #1, leading by 17pts

B-Luke

Those points are kinda... underwhelming...

• Like 2

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kasix

• pride4jc1222

• Maroonx

• Ger

On 1/17/2024 at 2:41 PM, littlebodybigheart said:

one remix. and ariana has released an amount of remixes that could cover the whole midnights standard edition in just 4 days :rip:

not you exposing yourself on not knowing what a remix is lol

1 hour ago, Maroonx said:

No they won't, they can't filter out sales without justifying it. I haven't seen any instance where they've done that.

she has a healthy lead over Jack and will likely at this point have a 10% lead.

Miss Levitating has a word...

The Halsey p4k tweet, but change it to billboard for this caption :toofunny2:

• Haha 8

with how much radio weighs this is certainly an uphill battle :deadbanana4:

She's pulling so many sales so I'm confused by the numbers. I guess the Apple Music struggle is what's stopping her?

21 hours ago, Bewitched said:

Who tf is still listening to that jack song jfc 

the GP LOVES it

Imagine calling Ariana a B-list when she is one of the most streamed artists of all time, the one with most songs with over 1 billion streams on Spotify, and is currently the second most streamed female artist daily on Spotify. A #1 song on BB or BB points does not define your stardom ffs. The trolling in here ain't cute.

Edited by Jude
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jude said:

Imagine calling Ariana a B-list when she is one of the most streamed artists of all time, the one with most songs with over 1 billion streams on Spotify, and is currently the second most streamed female artist daily on Spotify. A #1 song on BB or BB points does not define your stardom ffs. The trolling in here ain't cute.

I’m not calling Ariana a b list, just saying the 260 points battle in the middle of January is B list compared to the anti hero vs rich flex showdown. 

11 hours ago, Dephira said:

It would be extremely surprising if a blonde white woman doesn't manage to debut at #1 despite remixes

over a mediocre white man? its not shocking for the US at all

us youtube last few days:

2 =
Jack Harlow - Lovin On Me
1,516,730 +34,412

4 -1
Ariana Grande - yes, and?
1,222,466 -89,108

5 hours ago, Michael196 said:

The Halsey p4k tweet, but change it to billboard for this caption :toofunny2:

This site will be running the "no, but" gag into the ground if this gets blocked at #2. :rip:

Billboard never baits and switches with their “will it debut at #1” articles. The publication of that article is basically confirmation that Ari is going #1. I don’t recall them teasing a new #1 only for it to not go #1 that week

• Thanks 4

7 hours ago, Kasix said:

Yeah that’s the funny thing about all of this. when Taylor and Drake was havin that 550+ points battle, that was actually Godzilla vs King Kong. Two of the biggest stars duking it out at the most competitive season of music in Q4.

and then you have these minor league, B-list artists who is struggling to get a #1 at a measly 260 points in the middle of freakin January - the driest, deadest month of music where everything on the charts were leftovers from last year. 

To to put things into proper perspective, 260 points is so low that Drake and Taylor’s 9th album track was higher than that.

spacer.png
spacer.png

but somehow they still don’t have the mindfulness to realize how stupid they look to compare them two. 

Taylor big. Ariana small. Taylor strong. Ariana weak. Taylor smash. Ariana flop. Yes. Finally there's now no reason for a Swiftie to ever mention her name again. :jonny6:

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

Get that #1 :flame:

40 minutes ago, Communion said:

Taylor big. Ariana small. Taylor strong. Ariana weak. Taylor smash. Ariana flop. Yes. Finally there's now no reason for a Swiftie to ever mention her name again. :jonny6:

I’m sorry you have to see comments like those, it’s only something I write for the unhinged people who are so out of their mind as to say “anti hero got most of its weeks at number 1 from the remixes”. I would never said any of this to a sane person, especially since  Ariana is one of my favs too. 

What’s your fav song of hers? Mine is one last time 

I’m so down for the kiis so I want it to miss #1 :gaylorcat2: Besides I prefer Lovin on Me over Yes And.

5 hours ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

Billboard never baits and switches with their “will it debut at #1” articles. The publication of that article is basically confirmation that Ari is going #1. I don’t recall them teasing a new #1 only for it to not go #1 that week

Idk I recall them doing an article like this last year? only for the song to end up at #2 :rip: 

"photo finish" basically means that even Billboard, who get live updates, have no idea who's #1. Its that close :skull: 

On Us Spotify : ariana 12M total  , Harlow 10M total

Us radio :📻 22M vs 70M

ITunes : 50k vs 8k /10k

Who’s winning  ???? 

I'm surprised her team didn't do more yesterday. Maybe they're confident about being #1 but it's better to be #1 with 18 versions than #2 with 12 versions

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gagaqueen said:

On Us Spotify : ariana 12M total  , Harlow 10M total

Us radio :📻 22M vs 70M

ITunes : 50k vs 8k /10k

Who’s winning  ???? 

But the week when the roles were reversed, and LoM had more streams and sales on its debut week than CS, but CS had a huge lead on radio, LoM lost out on the #1. That week, CS was #10 on streaming songs. LoM is fighting to keep the #1 on streaming songs. Even if Ari’s new song felt like the biggest song this week, the precedence is set, and LoM should keep the #1.

• Thumbs Down 1

25 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Idk I recall them doing an article like this last year? only for the song to end up at #2 :rip: 

"photo finish" basically means that even Billboard, who get live updates, have no idea who's #1. Its that close :skull: 

Exactly. Lip even said so too:

Seeing yesterday‘s Spotify update predictors probably favor Jack now :monkey:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, B-Luke said:

Exactly. Lip even said so too:

Seeing yesterday‘s Spotify update predictors probably favor Jack now :monkey:

Yeah I'm going with Jack too. His performance on AM was much better and he has a big radio lead :monkey: 

17 minutes ago, pride4jc1222 said:

But the week when the roles were reversed, and LoM had more streams and sales on its debut week than CS, but CS had a huge lead on radio, LoM lost out on the #1. That week, CS was #10 on streaming songs. LoM is fighting to keep the #1 on streaming songs. Even if Ari’s new song felt like the biggest song this week, the precedence is set, and LoM should keep the #1.

Your obsession with Cruel Summer needs to be studied :biblio:

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

Your obsession with Cruel Summer needs to be studied :biblio:

Not as obsessed as some of the Swifties that still want a music video for it, so it can have another run at the top. It’s had a nice run, especially on radio, but it’s basically a recurrent song at this point. It’s time to let it go.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 1