Final predictions (1/27): Ariana #1, leading by 17pts

B-Luke

70% are from streaming aka the actual measurement of today's popularity. Interesting, isn't it?

It's also the most streamed song in the USA this week.

:clap3:

• Like 3

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kasix

• pride4jc1222

• Maroonx

• Ger

How did we go from nail biter to 17 pt lead?

What tight race? yes and is leading with almost 20 points. 

Edited by Jude
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, TeamThiem said:

TOTC must have said it to encourage stans to work hard in streaming and buying the song. :heart:

Only? The usual average is around 2-3% :rip: 

But yes Ari at not being average :clap3: 

Edited by Ger-55
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, TeamThiem said:

Sometimes these prediction pages keeps everyone on edge for their own page engagement, every prediction from TOTC that involved yes and? had over 1k rts/quotes. 

• Thumbs Down 1

the fact that yes, and? out streamed thank u, next during the first week

it was never a flop :bibliahh:

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Ger-55 said:

Only? The usual average is around 2-3% :rip: 

But yes Ari at not being average :clap3: 

Sis, do you know what predictors / chart accounts have recently said the balance of components are on the Hot 100, %?

Like how much average consumption is streams vs sales vs airplay? 

I feel like sales have to account overall for less than 10% of consumption at this point, which probably inflates airplay's %. Part of me is like... streaming is probably the most accurate component of consumption but the Hot 100 feels like it needs to be a multi-component chart to some degree.

65% Streams, 25% Airplay, 10% Sales seems like an okay breakdown, and even then, that much airplay seems.. a bit much.

Edited by Communion

she's the music industry :clap3:

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 11

talkofthecharts admitting yes, and? didn't actually need all those versions because she ended up doing better on streaming and radio and the sales of the original were enough to have it just surpass Lovin on Me OMFGGGGG i need Billboard to write that down on the article about yes, and? going #1 it's our only salvation from insufferable swifties 

• Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

Only 0.9M more streams than a song that's been out for 10 weeks. :dies:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

Reminder that billboard said it was too close to call. Wait until the official announcement to gloat.

• Like 1

We would go #1 without those versions, insane!

Congrats for all the Arianators who bought and helped streaming too in the US :clap3:

Is this a thread intended to brag about... her lack of selling power?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jet said:

Reminder that billboard said it was too close to call. Wait until the official announcement to gloat.

I was about to say this, let’s not jinx it yall :rip:

but looks like she has the lead :clap3:

• Like 1

Just now, Dephira said:

Is this a thread intended to brag about... her lack of selling power?

It is a thread that mentions that despite people saying the song would only go #1 cause of mass buying from the fans, it actually had amazing numbers on the other metrics, next question?:kitty:

2 minutes ago, Gerardo said:

It is a thread that mentions that despite people saying the song would only go #1 cause of mass buying from the fans, it actually had amazing numbers on the other metrics, next question?:kitty:

It would indeed be far behind LoM without the mass buying and would not have gone #1 otherwise so... sounds like "people" were exactly right?

Edited by Dephira
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gerardo said:

???  What amazing numbers on the other metrics? 900k more streams than a song that's been out for 10 weeks is amazing? It still wouldn't have gone #1 without those sales... 

• Thumbs Down 1

56 minutes ago, Taylena said:

Only 0.9M more streams than a song that's been out for 10 weeks. :dies:

This seems misleading. When I look up what TOTC claims has been Lovin On Me's streams, not only has it been largely ahead of most songs, but has actually increased in streams over the last few weeks. You wouldn't be posting misinformation to make Ariana's streaming figures seem less impressive now would you, sis? :celestial5:

This is from what I can see via their public tweets (I didn't know chart predictors were now monetizing content now? :redface:):

Excluding Christmas songs, the #1 streamed song (where it was with Xmas songs noted next to the song):

01/19 - Yes, And - #1 - 27.5M Streams

01/12 - Lovin On Me - #1 - 29M

01/05 - Lovin On Me - #1 - 28.8M

12/29 - Lovin On Me - #15 - 25.7M 

12/22 - Lovin On Me - #7 - 26.7M

12/15 - Lovin On Me - #6 - 26.9M

12/08 - Lovin On Me - #6 - 27.5M

12/01 - Lovin On Me - #6 - 25.2M

11/24 - Lovin On Me - #1 - 23.5M
11/17 - Lovin On Me - #1 - 22.4M
11/10 - I Remember Everything - #1 - 22.3M
11/03 - Is It Over Now? - #1 - 31.5M
10/27 - I Remember Everything - #1 - 22.9M
10/20 - IDGAF - #1 - 26.6M

Are we doing the thing again where we claim everything that doesn't surpass Taylor is a flop? :celestial5:

Taylor's success can't be both astronomically ahead of everyone else *and* somehow minimizing of those below her. If Taylor's success puts her in her own category, then she simply is not a relevant metric that any other artist's own success can be objectively and honestly compared to.

It feels terribly dishonest to argue Ariana having (one of?) the highest non-Christmas weeks in the last 3 months is her doing poorly just cause.. it's not Taylor?

Edited by Communion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Dephira said:

It would indeed be far behind LoM without the mass buying and would not have gone #1 otherwise so... sounds like "people" were exactly right?

Yes, and is the most streamed song of the week but and half of LOM radio play :keir: 

3 minutes ago, Taylena said:

???  What amazing numbers on the other metrics? 900k more streams than a song that's been out for 10 weeks is amazing? It still wouldn't have gone #1 without those sales... 

:penguin: You have been coping  all the past week. Idk go outside and take a breath 

Edited by Dialamba
  • Haha 5

51 minutes ago, Communion said:

This seems misleading. When I look up what TOTC claims has been Lovin On Me's streams, not only has it been largely ahead of most songs, but has actually increased in streams over the last few weeks. You wouldn't be posting misinformation to make Ariana's streaming figures seem less impressive now would you, sis? :celestial5:

This is from what I can see via their public tweets (I didn't know chart predictors were now monetizing content now? :redface:):

Excluding Christmas songs, the #1 streamed song (where it was with Xmas songs noted next to the song):

01/19 - Yes, And - #1 - 27.5M Streams

01/12 - Lovin On Me - #1 - 29M

01/05 - Lovin On Me - #1 - 28.8M

12/29 - Lovin On Me - #15 - 25.7M 

12/22 - Lovin On Me - #7 - 26.7M

12/15 - Lovin On Me - #6 - 26.9M

12/08 - Lovin On Me - #6 - 27.5M

12/01 - Lovin On Me - #6 - 25.2M

11/24 - Lovin On Me - #1 - 23.5M
11/17 - Lovin On Me - #1 - 22.4M
11/10 - I Remember Everything - #1 - 22.3M
11/03 - Is It Over Now? - #1 - 31.5M
10/27 - I Remember Everything - #1 - 22.9M
10/20 - IDGAF - #1 - 26.6M

Are we doing the thing again where we claim everything that doesn't surpass Taylor is a flop? :celestial5:

Taylor's success can't be both astronomically ahead of everyone else *and* somehow minimizing of those below her. If Taylor's success puts her in her own category, then she simply is not a relevant metric that any other artist's own success can be objectively and honestly compared to.

It feels terribly dishonest to argue Ariana having (one of?) the highest non-Christmas weeks in the last 3 months is her doing poorly just cause.. it's not Taylor?

spill. :clap3:lovin on me is currently peaking in streams and has 68M radio. 

• Like 1