Kygo & Ava Max - "Whatever"

Stunnah

42 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

I heard the song and sounds like a classic, basic Kygo song. It's cute, catchy and great for the locals, what's not to like? Will def be on repeat on my library :clap3:

I really don't know why people on social media are mad at her for sampling Shakira. Ava is not deleting the original and replacing with hers, if you wanna listen to the original you still... can??? :rip: istg

Because its lazy

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nefertiti0

• Stunnah

• SchmoodRing

• BryceG

1 hour ago, Maxiking0708 said:

Because its lazy

Well it’s a DJ song made for festivals and basic Spotify playlists, was anyone expecting something else? :skull:

21 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

Well it’s a DJ song made for festivals and basic Spotify playlists, was anyone expecting something else? :skull:

Kygo has the potential to do better, yes

I have a feeling that this will smash. Especially with 2010s nostalgia gen z have

It is very basic but I honestly love it. It will be a fun mindless pop song that gets old after a bit and forgotten. But I am still kinda here for that

Kygo & Ava Max - Whatever / 2024.01.19 / 2:58

the cover art is a picture of clouds tumblr style :bibliahh:

1 hour ago, RideOrDie said:

Kygo & Ava Max - Whatever / 2024.01.19 / 2:58

the cover art is a picture of clouds tumblr style :bibliahh:

spacer.png

This is it i think :smile:

1 more week until we are blessed with the best song of 2024.

Gaga-blows-kiss.gif

• Like 1

Song is really cute. Bland and generic yes but it does sound like a Euro smasha à la It Ain’t Me. That said i really do hope she’ll eventually take it down a notch on these samples. Not saying she deserves all these lashes coming from pop stans, sure they're doing too much but the fact that she got called out in the first place is for a valid reason imo.

Honestly I'd rather her be a perpetual flop serving D&D pop excellence and continue cultivating a stronger core fanbase/experimenting with her sounds which helps her evolve as an artist than be known as just another EDM feature/sample girl chasing after hits e.g. Bebe (no hate to her tho). She’s way better than that. :wave:

This is straight from2016 :bibliahh: A bop nonetheless that I’ll probably use for a month or so

Not trying to be rude out of reflex for the sake of nostalgia for the Shakira song but this is genuinely ass. 

I actually kinda love this. I loved Kygo's 2017-18 singles (It Ain't Me particularly is one of my most played songs EVER) and yes this is right out of 2017 but it's still doing it for me 

The "won't see me cry no tears" melody is so catchy and I love the buildup at 1:59-2:16

This sucks big time. There is literally no need to sample Shakira, especially since the rest of the song isn't sampled. 

This is terrible oh my god....:rip:

Even worse than the snippet damn

This is fun i like it. Hope it turns into a hit. Feels very EDM but folky cause Whenever Wherever was based around latinoamerican folkloric music  :giraffe:

Her vocals are EXQUISITE :clap:Maybe this song will be another Alone Pt. II or The Motto, I could see it going either way. 

To be frank I'm not the biggest Kygo fan, Ava needs to get with Armin Van Buuren or Kaskade. That would cause me to collapse.

Issa smash :clap3:

It’s gonna be her biggest song since The Motto, so she kinda won :bird: Twitter dragging will mean nothing. 

• Like 1

it’s good but the “whatever whatever” part of the interpolation is bad. they could have come up with something lyrically better surely :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.