• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImsoLOUD

• spree

• Aethereal

• HardBambi

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna say yes because I'd love to see it. She's an icon from my youth.

tenor.gif?itemid=8744953

I think the odds are exceptionally long though

• Like 1

I REALLY want her to have success again. We need the bubblegum sugary bops. 

• Like 3

Yes, anyone could. You never know with TikTok, even Meghan Trainor managed to snatch a hit last year.

Her catalog (well, first 3 albums) have good streams and there's a lot of interest in her hits but I don't think it will necessarily translate into her new era. She doesn't have a fanbase that can guarantee a good debut so her label can pray that a snippet of the song goes viral or something.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I have much hope for the queen of pops comeback

harleys-katy-perry.gif

y’all ask the same thing every week and the answer is always NO 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 4

I hope so, she deserves to regain her success

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sebastián Muñoz said:

I REALLY want her to have success again. We need the bubblegum sugary bops. 

But I don’t think the world is into that anymore and I simply don’t think she can come up with a catchy song as she used to before

But I’m here for it!

• Thanks 1

Just now, HardBambi said:

But I don’t think the world is into that anymore and I simply don’t think she can come up with a catchy song as she used to before

But I’m here for it!

After how hard Dance The Night SMASHED I think the world is ready for something Katy again. Katy woulda been perfect for that Barbie soundtrack too. 

No.

Not because the public wouldn't be here for her, but because I don't think she has it in her anymore.

Never Really Over was such a refreshing moment for her and she seemed to be moving in the right direction, but then Smile turned out to be the dullest, most uninspired work she's put out to date. She seems lost artistically. She'd have to come back with very strong material that would showcase her growth as an artist in order to change the narrative around her but between showing very little interest in anything music related in the past few years, expanding her fortune with American Idol and her focusing on being a mother I just don't think she has the drive to pull off something like that anymore.

Would love to be proven wrong though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Y'all make this thread every month as if the consensus will change

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If she doesn’t get involved in the creative direction or writing, then maybe!  Otherwise she’s doomed.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I hope not.

• Haha 1

Honestly I'm hesitant to say no, because the last few years have shown us that literally anything is possible. However the odds are definitely stacked against her 

She absolutley can. 

No one on ATRL in 2022 would've thought that Miley would've ever came back with a smash as big as Flowers. Anything is possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Cameltoe Chariot

I think Katy is simply too awkward and cringe to ever come back back. In my opinion most of her "downfall" was due to the general public getting to know her more, and it was the personality under the brunette campy cartoon character that turned everyone off. She's never been able to fully recover since, and I think that will hold her back for the rest of her career.

:sistrens:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

She needs fire music. It's the only way.

17 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

She absolutley can. 

No one on ATRL in 2022 would've thought that Miley would've ever came back with a smash as big as Flowers. Anything is possible.

There’s a HUGE difference between Miley and Katy. The gp has always been invested in Miley’s personal life and that’s why Flowers was so big, Katy doesn’t have the same luck

Edited by mileytayIor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 6

It's definitely possible, but not very likely. Anyone can have a comeback nowadays and she's pulling good numbers for someone who is over. With the right image, song(s) and payola..sure.

42 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

After how hard Dance The Night SMASHED I think the world is ready for something Katy again. Katy woulda been perfect for that Barbie soundtrack too. 

But that’s Dua, she’s the moment, it’s different. 

I honestly think if Katy would do Roar now, without that hot video, it wouldn’t chart

It will be very hard for her to come back, she needs a really good song

• Like 2

if the music is good then yes but as much as i love her i'm not really sure if she has an ear for hits anymore

Oh for sure.  Her Spotify has been on fire lately too. 

• Thumbs Down 2

I believe her upcoming era will be at least a semi-success. Much more successful than Witness and Smile and her biggest overall since Prism at least. As for will she land a smash hit? Who knows, but like some have said already, anything is possible….

18 minutes ago, mileytayIor said:

There’s a HUGE difference between Miley and Katy. The gp has always been invested in Miley’s personal life and that’s why Flowers was so big, Katy doesn’t have the same luck

The fact that y'all found a way to get offended by that :rip: 

So basically you're implying that Miley knew how to use a gimmick to sell her album single? And I guess you know the future to assume that Katy couldn't come up with one herself to drive more GP interest? Even though she already has nostalgia and a strong history as an iconic bonafide hitmaker on her side?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.