KasioKas' BEST of 2023 | FINAL update! Song & Album #1 posted now!

KasioKas

Thanks for continuing to visit and comment, hope you all had a merry xmas.

Spoiler
On 12/23/2023 at 9:11 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

I'm so sad Chloe flopped, album is pretty good 

right! The dislike bandwagon is weird, her voice is great, she's a high energy great performer on stage and she picked some solid album tracks, deserves a bit more love imo

On 12/23/2023 at 9:23 PM, MP2K said:

:clap3:

So, I looked at my likes on spotify and ironically I have Sweet Relief by Madison Beer and Questions by Maeta so I have listened to them lol

oh nice! Yh Sweet relief is a bit more upbeat and the album leans more mellow, and Maeta def has better songs on the album.

On 12/23/2023 at 10:09 PM, JGibson said:

Favorite songs of this set. 

nice! Thanks for commenting

On 12/25/2023 at 11:11 AM, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Tummy Hurts, Turn Off The Lights, Needs, Spinnin, skip this part, I Hate Boston, Get Outta My Heart & mine are one of my favorites this year :jonny:

yess!:jonny:

On 12/25/2023 at 5:56 PM, Renzo_ said:

I like that Mimi Webb song. :smile:

She has a couple of hits, only just discovered her this yr

13 hours ago, Alldeezy said:

cool for the summer + heart attack + Revelations + I'm Not High. I'm In Love + Sweet Relief + needs + Spinnin + get outta my head + king of hearts :clap3:

bops :cm:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KasioKas

• JGibson

• Alldeezy

• Renzo_

ouLfzqp.gif

49. Kiana Ledé - Promise Me
48. Doechii - What It Is (Solo Version)
47. Ellie Goulding - Higher Than Heaven
46. Nicola Sedda - What Would I Do?
45. SZA - Low
44. RAYE - Worth It.
43. Spencer Sutherland - Cry
42. Kiana Ledé - Magic
41. Brandy - Christmas Party for Two
40. Ryan Destiny - Lie Like That

39. FLO - Control Freak
38. Ava Max - Dancing’s Done
37. Leyla Blue - cake & iced coffee
36. Halle - Angel
35. FLO & Missy Elliott - Fly Girl
34. Tyla - Water
33. Spencer Sutherland - B!tch
32. Stacey Ryan - Over Tonight
31. Ellie Goulding - Easy Lover (feat. Big Sean)
30. Ava Max - Hold Up (Wait A Minute)

29. Ava Max - Last Night On Earth
28. Kelly Clarkson - red flag collector
27. Reneé Rapp - Poison Poison
26. Kim Petras - Hit It From The Back
25. Chlöe - Body Do
24. Ava Max - Sleepwalker
23. Brandy - Somebody's Waiting
22. Kelly Clarkson - me
21. Grace Kinstler - Leo

Worth It :clap3: one of the highlights from album, especially new live version :jonny5: 

I really need FLO to release album as soon as possible :jonny5: 

Easy Lover + me :clap3:

Higher Than Heaven + Worth It + Dancing Drone + Water + Hit It From The Back + Sleepwalker :clap3:

Water, Sleepwalker & Dancing's Done :clap3:

On 12/26/2023 at 6:50 PM, Renzo_ said:

Dancing’s Done :clap3:

On 12/26/2023 at 8:50 PM, Brandon said:

𝙴𝚊𝚜𝚢 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 :clap:

On 12/26/2023 at 9:12 PM, JGibson said:

Easy Lover + me :clap3:

On 12/27/2023 at 8:18 AM, Alldeezy said:

Higher Than Heaven + Worth It + Dancing Drone + Water + Hit It From The Back + Sleepwalker :clap3:

On 12/28/2023 at 4:38 AM, MusicLoverDude said:

Water, Sleepwalker & Dancing's Done :clap3:

bops am I right?:cm:

On 12/26/2023 at 7:43 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

Worth It :clap3: one of the highlights from album, especially new live version :jonny5: 

I really need FLO to release album as soon as possible :jonny5: 

the live album is so greeeaat, I saw her live separately in london and she was equally impressive vocally

FLO album coming soon I want them to take their time actually, I don't want anything lacklustre and i'm coming to trust their musical ear based on what's received thus far

alz7cWP.gif

Finalé in 2024!

artworks-XQgSFj0SDW5G-0-t500x500.jpg

20. Ava Max - Ghost

Spoiler

artworks-5pOhLhZGnmRF-0-t500x500.jpg

19. RAYE - Black Mascara.
Spoiler

artworks-fC06kHiWAUaX-0-t500x500.jpg
18. Tamar Braxton - Changed
Spoiler

592x592bb.webp
17. RAYE - Oscar Winning Tears.
Spoiler

592x592bb.webp
16. Tori Kelly - cut
Spoiler

592x592bb.webp
15. Stacey Ryan - Fall In Love Alone
Spoiler

artworks-Bi55Qqxwbrro-0-t500x500.jpg
14. SZA - Kill Bill
Spoiler

artworks-oyZ0hOAtT1LJ-0-t500x500.jpg
13. Mahalia - Cheat (feat. JoJo)
Spoiler

592x592bb.webp
12. Tori Kelly - alive if i die (live from vevo)
Spoiler

592x592bb.webp
11. Kyra - sweet mahogany
Spoiler

Changed :jonny6: so nice to see Tamar here ! I hope she comes back with another album next year

Cheat is such a perfection :jonnycat: modern Boy Is Mine tbh :fan:

Posted (edited)

LBtEz8U.gif

Kelly_Clarkson_-_Chemistry.png

10. chemistry - Kelly Clarkson

Though this wasn't the aggressive, revengeful divorce album I had hoped for, with belting and scathing lyrics, it was still a serviceable pop album, with tracks that grew on me in time, particularly the ballads. I do wonder whether she was silenced from airing out too much dirty laundry and alas i'm glad she's free and the few upbeat tracks about breakups were some of my faves. She's such an undeniably great vocalist i'd eat up anything she served tbh.

ab67616d0000b273fe9b672433be22472bd30e7a

09. Grudges - Kiana Ledé

Love Kiana, her RnB is silky smooth and honest and her voice is really good, she has some great bops that are huge earworms so I've followed her career closely and this album is no exception. It's sexy at times, vulnerable others but overall melts together nicely. There are some haunting songs based on her horrible SA experience that's hard to listen too and I applaud her for speaking up about it in interviews and using music as a tool to 'air out the negative' so to speak, and the bops were on repeat for the better part of this year! She did not disappoint at all :clap3:

220px-3_of_Us_(EP)_by_Flo.png

08. 3 of Us - FLO

My girls surprised us all with an EP, and as someone who has at lightning speed become a fan of them because or their harmonies and GREAT ear for hits, I was super excited for this! ; this short EP remained on repeat since release, these may seemingly be rejects that didn't make the full LP but they're still pretty solid and it's wise to stay on people's minds with these droplets while working on the LP. They deserve to blow up in the UK/US and I hope they remain humble and grow in maturity with their lyrics in time. Every song on this EP is fantastic except maybe 'Suite Life' that I played a little less because it just didn't connect like the others.

Ava_Max_-_Diamonds_&_Dancefloors_(Official_album_cover).png

07. Diamonds & Dancefloors - Ava Max

Admittedly not a fan of Ava before this release and I still know nothing about her, but her last project had a handful of pop hits I kept on repeat. THIS ALBUM however, shocked the hell out of me, it is imo the best pop release this year and I have to give her credit, she knows how to pick great tracks. She can sing extremely well on them, brings the energy and sass and even her adlibs are well done. I'm very impressed, it fed my little pop heart, it wasn't cringe lyrically and though there were very few duds, I liked a large majority of the album and kept them on repeat in my playlists all year long even though it was released early in the year, so many choruses that kept coming back to me, well done ms. Ava i'm definitely keeping up with your career now...

ab67616d0000b273c2bc715afe6e9b02a91d804a

06. Feel A Way - Gene Noble

Gene is an extremely underrated vocalist, he has the level of control I see from 'Tori Kelly' for instance, and isn't afraid to sing complicated runs and riffs both in and out of studio. He's also good at emoting sadder songs with a softer candence that works really well. I will always support this man because he's a rare talent and I hope he never stops releasing. This project was excellent, he poured his heart out lyrically and his voice carried it so much. 'Whatever it is' in particular, is one of the best RnB tracks released this year, it's thoughtful, 'cute' lyrically and vocally very impressive, particularly the outro. So impressed. I really hope RnB spaces embrace him more as time passes, and he finds an even stronger fan base so he can continue to fill my ears with his talent.

Christmas_with_Brandy.jpg

05. Christmas With Brandy - Brandy

My Queen. Whenever this woman releases, the world stops for me, because the vocal bible is about to bless me with new harmonies, runs and melodies that I know I will have on repeat for months. This is no exception despite being an Xmas release, 6 original xmas songs was such a surprise and i'm so grateful as a long time fan, that she didn't just cover classics and disappear. The originals are all super sweet, very well written, and sung in a way only Brandy and a few talented musicians can emulate. I'm so in love with this voice, and i'm so glad I didn't have to wait YEARS to hear her sing something new; from the sexy, sultry 'Christmas Party for Two' to the covers that outdid many others in my xmas playlists because she updated them to an RnB genre;  I will play these well into 2024, IDGAF!

ab67616d0000b27354f3f27dfef8862822f294e4

04. Peace in the Madness - Sipprell

Sipprell is an artist of immense vocal talent, I discovered her late last year and just deep dived into her discography, and fell in love with almost everything I heard. I almost became angry that I didn't discover her sooner; her vocal control is insane, her runs are airy and beautiful and her lyrics in many songs are meaningful and thought-provoking. Her song dedicated to her yet unborn child in particular, 'Already Yours' I had on repeat for MONTHS because of how sweetly it was sung and written. The vocal runs on 'Unravel' are so impressive and lyrics heartfelt, the INCREDIBLE portrayal of almost-desperate longing on 'Wish You Were Here' makes me feel just as sad when singing along because of how well it is written. My god this woman needs to blow up, and I was so happy and excited to hear she was dropping an album despite her small fanbase and reach. I immediately got tickets to see her live in London and sang along to every word and as i'd HOPED, she sings just as exquisitely live as she does in the studio. I really, really, hope she builds a fan base so she's encouraged to keep singing and releasing, as she teased quitting on twitter. My God having her quit now would break my heart.:jonny:

The final 3...

:3rdplace:

Spoiler

ab67616d0000b273cc32e086988faa3addab8e54

tori (deluxe) - Tori Kelly

Tori did exactly what her fanbase has been asking for for years, put that incredible voice on songs a bit more upbeat, and have a bit more fun, with carefree lyrics to match. This is a big breath of fresh air, she sounds happy, sassy, and confident on these, without forgoing her amazing belts and runs. Every song here is welcome, except 'young gun' which felt a tad out of place as the energy didn't match the others and was sang a bit more mellow. I can't wait to hear these live (in person, though the live tracks on the deluxe are excellent and introduce new runs and high notes just when you thought the original was perfect, typical Tori), and support her so she can have the numbers she needs to prove she can release the full LP, which is what I was waiting for instead of this EP. I've been fed a snack with this EP, i'm hungry for the whole dinner now, let's go!

:2ndplace:

Spoiler

0520284e23545454ff89b90461111361.1000x1000x1.png

Snow Angel - Reneé Rapp

Renee seemingly came out of nowhere with one of my favourite tracks of the year 'Snow Angel', great charismatic and funny interviews and then the full album that had funny, sad, and unapologetic lyrics sung by a powerful voice. This woman can belt!, aided no doubt by her stint in musicals. Several songs grew on me over time and now a large majority of this album are on repeat at various points of the year. 'Poison Poison' is hilarious, especially the outro and she accompanies that humour in tracks like 'Tummy Hurts' that makes you smile as you sing along. I really wanna see her live next year, I'm ready to scream these lyrics out loud, espescially the title track that uncovers such a haunting tale explained in interviews but written lyrically in just a vague enough way that not everyone gets it at first. Well done.

:1stplace:

Spoiler

Raye_-_My_21st_Century_Blues.png

My 21st Century Blues - RAYE

No doubt my album of the year. This album is sad, upsetting, happy, sexy, brutally raw and honest. My gosh, it's such a rollercoaster but somehow melts together perfectly. Her VOICE, vibrato when she's singing meaningfully, almost operatic at times, belts, all beautifully sung. The production is unique, and aides her voice very well, and her pen writes earworms, clever lines and rhymes some of the most terrifying experiences of her life. I can't praise this album enough, and her rise to stardom as a result, in the UK espescially, as her own singer and not a writer of hits for many others, is a big 'FINALLY' moment! :clap3:

Edited by KasioKas

Posted (edited)

PftDQx7.gif

ab67616d0000b273f9e0302f1a093760862bbfcc

10. Tori Kelly - missin u (r&b edit)

Spoiler

9b51da8f2e0dbe3f140339a284556b50.1000x1000x1.png

09. Madison Beer - Envy the Leaves

Spoiler

f4c5ce53d1b83864731ab63a335eb2a5.1000x1000x1.png

08. Tori Kelly - shelter (live from vevo)

Spoiler

20abb2960f357d391580205412281f8d.999x999x1.png

07. RAYE - Flip A Switch.

Spoiler

0520284e23545454ff89b90461111361.1000x1000x1.png

06. Reneé Rapp - The Wedding Song

Spoiler

592x592bb.webp

05. Sipprell - Wish You Were Here

Spoiler

ab67616d0000b273c2bc715afe6e9b02a91d804a

04. Gene Noble - whatever it is

Spoiler

Spoiler

artworks-Pf0rBXZvnfm75AL1-9VvGlg-t500x500.jpg

Sipprell - Unravel

Spoiler

Spoiler

9ad8b9e80a577aa6f9de0b2fe9085df2.1000x1000x1.png

Reneé Rapp - Snow Angel

Spoiler

Spoiler

artworks-0MVAsHPpBV1t-0-t500x500.jpg

Maeta - Cool Cat

Spoiler

Edited by KasioKas
  • Like 1

I want to thank you all for commenting at some point this year, final update is above! :party:

@Mr. Blue_Shirt @ARTPØP @worldwide angel @Alldeezy @Album Leak @Ewan Chaos @Remmy @BlackoutZone @GreatestLoveofAll @khalyan @Brandon @K$Ellie @Insanity @MP2K @Tsareena

On 12/30/2023 at 4:45 AM, JGibson said:

cut :worship:

On 12/30/2023 at 2:11 PM, rvx said:

KIll Bill :clap3:

On 12/30/2023 at 5:14 PM, Mr. Loco said:

Kill bill :party:

bops :cm:

On 12/30/2023 at 6:19 AM, TheWayWeWere said:

Changed :jonny6: so nice to see Tamar here ! I hope she comes back with another album next year

Cheat is such a perfection :jonnycat: modern Boy Is Mine tbh :fan:

She's been easing so fingers crossed! Final update posted!

On 12/30/2023 at 7:56 PM, Renzo_ said:

Ava :clap3:

super surprised with how much i've enjoyed her music this yr. Final update posted!

Raye getting AOTY :clap3: so happy she was finally able to release it the way she wanted to, and it's incredible record

3 Of Us :eek: so nice to see it in your top 10! i'm so excited for their debut :jonny5: 

Flip a Switch wouldn't be my pick from album, but it's nice to see it here :party: 

Dance The Night :clap3:

𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐄 :party:

missing u :heart2:

• 2 weeks later...

OP Updated.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.