Final predictions (12/16): Brenda #1, 14pts lead over Mariah

B-Luke

On 12/3/2023 at 8:05 AM, Michael196 said:

CS, PTTR & Snooze are such fighters, 3 albums bombs and now Christmas, yet none of them has departed the top 10 once in over 3 months...

Excellence i fear 

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• Virtual_Insanity

• QueenofCopyPaste

• stevyy

I wonder if 'Snooze' will go recurrent in a 2-3 weeks when all Xmas songs take over the top 20. If so, it'll likely return in January when it surges in airplay/streams 

31 minutes ago, Maroonx said:

I wonder if 'Snooze' will go recurrent in a 2-3 weeks when all Xmas songs take over the top 20. If so, it'll likely return in January when it surges in airplay/streams 

Yeah, it will go recurrent because it will be over 52 weeks. But it will return in January

7 hours ago, Credit said:

not her tracking

Is this worldwide? I thought Brenda has the US #1 on Spotify?

I hope not. If this happens, and sales aren't removed or radio is lowered, then the Hot 100 will become even more inaccurate.

44 minutes ago, pride4jc1222 said:

I hope not. If this happens, and sales aren't removed or radio is lowered, then the Hot 100 will become even more inaccurate.

WHY would sales be removed and free, random streaming not?

• Like 1

Early predictions - Canada: 

i think there is an exception rule for recurrency during Xmas season.  Like if you fall out cuz of Xmas songs and have enough points to be in the Top 25 after Xmas, you are allowed back in.  Unless they changed it I think there is a rule like that. 

8 hours ago, Alexz said:

WHY would sales be removed and free, random streaming not?

cuz their fav can't sell? :cm:  Sales should never go away.  It's literally a transaction involving money. 

On 12/4/2023 at 3:54 PM, Credit said:

not her tracking

with the amount of defrost and other schticks she does latching onto this dear song, one could get an idea of her chart obsession

--

i hope mama brenda KEEPS her heel on others neck

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 4:25 AM, ClashAndBurn said:

Tbh, if the Mean Girls musical were coming out in December, it might have been possible for Jingle Bell Rock to also go #1 (assuming the talent show scene was intact)  and potentially drop Mariah to #3. Too bad it's not gonna be out till January, that would've been iconic. :dies:

I'm excited about the Mean Girls musical film, but I think it's a bit optimistic to think it would have that much of an impact. :toofunny3:

Some in here acting as if Mariah was serving OUT-OUT when she's #2 :dies:

50 minutes ago, Mrnoniee said:

with the amount of defrost and other schticks she does latching onto this dear song, one could get an idea of her chart obsession

--

i hope mama brenda KEEPS her heel on others neck

ROTCT came to stay. It’s becoming bigger and bigger. Mariah is super mad for sure.

On 12/4/2023 at 10:38 AM, Virtual_Insanity said:

Again, this thread is about the hot 100

you're so weird. you're always up in the mariah base but yet you change your avi to Brenda when she goes #1 and you put articles about it going #1 in your bio. just say you're a success stan

• Like 1

17 hours ago, spree said:

i think there is an exception rule for recurrency during Xmas season.  Like if you fall out cuz of Xmas songs and have enough points to be in the Top 25 after Xmas, you are allowed back in.  Unless they changed it I think there is a rule like that. 

Yes. Songs that went recurrent because of Christmas songs like Flowers and Kill Bill for example can return to the chart in January.

26 minutes ago, Green said:

Yes. Songs that went recurrent because of Christmas songs like Flowers and Kill Bill for example can return to the chart in January.

Although Kill Bill is so close to 52 weeks, it may need to reach #25 to re-enter, instead of #50. I believe Adore You had 50 weeks before it fell off for the holiday season, and did not re-enter afterwards.

Spotify has re-added Mariah to those playlist where they took her off for Brenda to pull ahead. Mariah is slowly increasing her standing in those playlists again. 

However, the news of her #1 had pushed her ahead on sales now. 

I hope that Mariah's team is also paying for Brenda being removed from playlists for Merry Christmas' 30th anniversary. 

2 hours ago, thetea said:

you're so weird. you're always up in the mariah base but yet you change your avi to Brenda when she goes #1 and you put articles about it going #1 in your bio. just say you're a success stan

He's actually a KatyCat who happens to have a weird obsession with Mariah and her fans.

He also hates Taylor. Back in 2021, he used to have an Adele avi and drag Taylor when 30 came out and when the latter didn't become the massive smash era a la 25, he quickly changed his avi to the Taylor one he had for months. :dies:

And now, the good sis got herself a new fave.

brenda-lee-pic-2023.thumb.jpg.d5e1e590a5

OT : Congrats Brenda :clap3:

• Haha 2

QueenofCopyPaste

31 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

It's #1 on itunes too?  :eek: The second week at #1 is almost a lock then

QueenofCopyPaste
7 minutes ago, Green said:

It's #1 on itunes too?  :eek: The second week at #1 is almost a lock then

yes

QueenofCopyPaste
49 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

I still think Mariah will take #1 the Christmas/NYE tracking week.

thats when Brenda ships her physicals

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Looks like RATCT will be dominating the entire Xmas season.

Mariah had a great run at #1 though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.