Melissa Barrera dropped from Scream 7 after Palestine comments

DONTYELLATME

11 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

The fact that US funds them and that a lot of people in power hold Zionist ideology views? That politicians are bought by foreign pro-Zionist lobbies and those that speak up have their campaign distorted by false accusations and funding campaigns of their opponents to replace them? Maybe that.

Exactly. It's really NOT that hard to understand. It's obvious to anyone looking at things in their broader contrext that there's no anti-semitism anywhere in her words.

• Like 1

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• Shelter

• okgo

• barbiegrande

18 hours ago, St. Charles said:

I don’t like that she got fired… but why did she post “Western Media is only showing the Israeli side, I’ll let you deduce why.”?

What were we supposed to deduce?

use your brain

it's not messy to point out that American media has bias towards protecting American interests 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ebaby said:

use your brain

it's not messy to point out that American media has bias towards protecting American interests 

Yes, but simply saying that avoids ambiguity. It’s not about me thinking she’s anti semitic (I’ve stated I don’t think that was her intent). Even though we can’t expect people to say things 100% perfectly, I think we still have to be careful how we word stuff, because someone could easily interpret this as a dog-whistly comment.

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, St. Charles said:

Yes, but simply saying that avoids ambiguity. It’s not about me thinking she’s anti semitic (I’ve stated I don’t think that was her intent). But I think we have to be careful how we word stuff though, because someone could easily interpret this as a dog-whistly comment.

zionists don't care how careful people are with their words.

they will literally find a dog whistle out of anything. the only thing Melissa could have done differently was not say anything at all — and she's stated that for her silence wasn't an option.

• Like 1

The final parts of scream trilogies can never catch a break :ahh:

This is beyond hideous. She did nothing wrong. Glad Jenna is out as well. They also burnt Neve.

6 also had an ending that didn’t leave much open. Therefore let’s just end it on a high note and be done with it. 

Edited by paddii_

On 11/21/2023 at 4:51 PM, Bentley said:

Clarification: I meant no harm I just don’t think she is a worthy lead actress. She shouldn’t have been fired for this though, she should have been fired for her performance 

I said what I said

:clack:

• Thumbs Down 1