Melissa Barrera dropped from Scream 7 after Palestine comments

DONTYELLATME

I wasn’t really a fan of her performance in the franchise (although she was decent in scream 6) this is so ****** up and we will not be supporting Scream going forward. 

• Like 1

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• Shelter

• okgo

• barbiegrande

They're trash for this but kudos to her for sticking to her guns :clap3: 

• Like 2

It takes these agencies years to even discipline people that have beaten or raped/sexually abused others, let alone fire them, but they’ll respond swiftly to someone denouncing a genocide. Classic Hollywood, history will not and should not be kind to them :zzz:

• Like 6

Just goes to show you who holds the true power in Hollywood.

I hope the rest of the cast backs her up. If the studio doesn't reverse this decision, I will not be supporting Scream 7 (which makes me so incredibly sad cause it is the franchise that made my childhood).

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

53 minutes ago, Riot said:

Noah Schnapp can walk around wishing for the death of Palestinians but others are getting fired and blackballed just because they don't support the oppresion of a country. Literally a distopia.

I wonder what will Jenna Ortega do...

Jenna is kinda an IT girl currently so I think it's harder to get rid of her, but it will be interesting what happens to career in the future because she's vocally pro-Palestine.

There's also Rachel Zegler, but she's already going through a hate train :gaycat6:

There's no way the LEAD of the movie lost her job for speaking up against genocide but that gay man never faced repercussions for his gross behavior.

Where's her freedom of speech?

Now there are no interesting characters left on this new Scream saga so I most definitely will not be watching Scream 7, if it ever comes out 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

This is straight up fascism. But this is nothing knew, anyone who dares to speak against Israel's genocide is automatically called an anti-semite, which is nothing but gaslighting. We are living in a scary situation, this is gonna end terribly :biblio:

• Like 2

This is one of the most disgusting and revolting actions by Hollywood in a long time. Melissa and Susan Sarandon losing her agency on the same day, **** all of this noise.

• Like 1

I mean they might as well kick out Jenna & Jasmin too since they're also pro-Palestine :deadbanana2: And I doubt whoever's left of the core 4 (Mason?) will be willing to film without those 3. Just embarrassing.

Edited by Billionaire

At this point, they might as well just cancel the entire movie. The beauty of the Scream franchise is that every movie could be the last entry considering we get a new killer(s) every time, it’s not like Scream VI had a cliffhanger ending or anything. 

This sucks for both Melissa and us fans as I was looking forward to seeing what they were going to do next, but it’ll feel weird without Sam and I hope they don’t just recast her as that’ll be even worse. :rip:

I hope the backlash gets her rehired, but will she even want to go back? 

Edited by The Man Who

3 hours ago, mystery said:

This is ridiculous and beyond bizarre, she got dropped while nothing will happen to Amy Schumer and Noah Schnapp. I will not be supporting or watching the next Scream movie.

Hollywood has a lot more Jews than Palestinians lbh. This is a YIKES @Sexyzinger. Scream is over.

5 minutes ago, DAP said:

that studio can go to ****ing hell with gasoline soaked underwear. unbelievable. 

• Like 2

Did some digging 

Gary Barber (born 1957) is a South African-born American film producer. Barber was the chairman and CEO of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. He is also co-founder of Spyglass Entertainment.

Barber was born to a Jewish family

• Like 1

Seeing the words “false references” followed by that remaining sentence… I audibly gasped, this is crazy

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

This is actually insane....? Nothing she said was out of line.  I don't get how people can't understand the simple fact: supporting the oppressed people of Palestine who are living in horrid conditions is NOT anti-semitic. 

• Like 14

• ATRL Moderator

Her comments weren’t even controversial? I don’t understand the studio’s decision unless they were wanting massive negative publicity going into their next movie 

• Like 5