Swifties are divided over the silence of Taylor/Taylor Nation about the late Swiftie

Kayseri Mantisi

Just now, LastGreatBloodline said:

It's very disappointing how overlooked brazilian fans are. If a tragedy had struck on the US, I'm 100% sure her response would've been completely different. 

Saying nothing other than an insta story is clearly a PR move to distance herself from the tragedy. I understand she is not at fault but I will be very disappointed if she doesn't do anything, it's goes against everything she usually stands for.

Well, Brazilian fans were currently getting arrested for beating up a fan from Columbia. So maybe they need to calm down

• Thumbs Down 17

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Edu

• on the line

• Dear Reader

• byzantium

TaylorNation been too busy retweeting cute outfits and friendship bracelets... What a fckd up situation from all angles, I can't believe the Brazilian fans were the ones that had to step up when all the powerful parties involved have been (so far) incompetent.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, latingrl2005 said:

Well, Brazilian fans were currently getting arrested for beating up a fan from Columbia. So maybe they need to calm down

so because one person was being aggressive, the entirety of brazilian fans, including one someone who passed away and her family deserve to be punished and need to "calm down"

it's giving xenophobia, insensitivity, lack of empathy 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, latingrl2005 said:

some Brazilian fans beating up a fan doesn’t negate the fact that a girl still actually died because T4F couldn’t give two shits about human lives. this is a ****** up situation but pulling the racist/xenophobic card is not the answer at all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LastGreatBloodline said:

so because one person was being aggressive, the entirety of brazilian fans, including one someone who passed away and her family deserve to be punished and need to "calm down"

it's giving xenophobia, insensitivity, lack of empathy 

Oh please. Stop making this a racist thing. I'm from Dominican Republic and I wouldn't mess with the legal system there. Latin countries are not the US. You can't just give people money. You can be charged with bribing the family. She needs to wait for official reports from the police.

• Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

some Brazilian fans beating up a fan doesn’t negate the fact that a girl still actually died because T4F couldn’t give two shits about human lives. this is a ****** up situation but pulling the racist/xenophobic card is not the answer at all. 

So, why aren't you spamming them with all this...

1 hour ago, Safe&Sound said:

This makes me realize not every country is ready for such a huge demand

I hope fans stop crying if she didn't visit their countries in the future

Personally, I'm glad that she doesn't hold a concert in my country too. There are reasons why she picks more proper countries, so the fans who will watch the concert get sorted in some ways

My experience in Japan was so pleasing. No crazy fans, no one pushed me in the lines, no one yelled and made such infuriating gestures

Brazil was host of the World Cup and the Olympics this past decade. Coldplay did 11 concerts back to back earlier this year. So many big artists are performing in Brazil every year, and they get tons of festivals like Rock In Rio too. You're being an ignorant piece of **** who can't take your head out of your ass for five minutes and read the room without your stan glasses on. 

• Like 10

Fans love to say their fave is THE most powerful person in the world (and it can be true) but somehow they are powerless cuz they are in a foreign country :rip: 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

the way we don't know what's going behind the scenes, the legality of it all and it's not like she's doing nothing, she had to prepare for 2 more shows figuring out how to avoid another tragedy like on night 1.

the situation is terrible but it's just dumb to ask taylor for justice as if she's guilty, reaching out to the family and helping them would be a nice thing to do for them but it's not like she's responsible. we don't know if she will do it, we'll probably hear about it in a few days, but retaliate against her like she isn't busy as hell right now is dumb

1 hour ago, FolkLover1989 said:

It's not about cost

if she pays , she will be considered guilty by default and t4f will do nothing

if you want this , say so 

Everyone with no knowledge of law wants Taylor to put blame on herself???

T4f already did nothing. Someone should. 

Americans criticizing a Latin American Country like Brazil is hilarious.

Some of them even have the nerve to say that Brazil is "not ready" for an Eras Tour kind of concert, LOL.

When in reality is that even in the US tons of people have died in concerts or events like this. For example the mass shooting in Vegas 2017 or people trampled in the Travis Scott concert in 2021.

Please stop this BS and don't be xenophobic, tragedies like this could happen anywhere tbh.

Edited by ttsmu
  • Like 5

Her stay in Brazil has been nothing short of chaotic. Every day there's bad press under her name. Her fans are super stressed too.

I did hear some online friends saying they had the best time yesterday though. At least some good is coming out of it.

All the speculation here seems really unnecessary and just like an excuse for people to (once again) blame Taylor for everything just cause they personally dislike her. This is a complex situation and none of you have any clue what’s going on behind the scenes. Don’t forget the fact that shows had to be rescheduled which is a pretty monumental task in itself considering that dozens or even hundreds of workers are involved in every tour date. 

How about you wait a few days to see what happens and start dragging her then if nothing has been done… but seems like for some people the most urgent action from all of this is to drag an artist they dislike under the guise of caring oh so deeply about her late fan 

Edited by Dephira
  • Like 2

Writing a song about a boy he read on a blog, it's good, it's profitable, it's cancer after all, the world can relate to it

She can't profit from this tragedy and it's bad press to her, of course she won't talk about it.

• Thumbs Down 3

7 minutes ago, campelo said:

Writing a song about a boy he read on a blog, it's good, it's profitable, it's cancer after all, the world can relate to it

She can't profit from this tragedy and it's bad press to her, of course she won't talk about it.

You don't think it would be good press to be reaching out, paying everything for the family to be able to grief the lost of their daughter without worrying about money and more, rather than not doing anything at all? :rip:

That's why this situation is so complicated. There is not a single reason that we know of that would explain why she wouldn't reach out. 1) it's completely out of character for her and 2) it's a really bad, bad look to not do anything. 

That's why I think things are much more complicated than what we know behind the scenes, because it makes no sense whatsoever for Taylor to not do anything. 

I'd be the first to drag her and be truly disappointed if she actually did nothing and there was nothing to stop her from doing so. 

Edited by Klein
  • Like 5

50 minutes ago, latingrl2005 said:

Oh please. Stop making this a racist thing. I'm from Dominican Republic and I wouldn't mess with the legal system there. Latin countries are not the US. You can't just give people money. You can be charged with bribing the family. She needs to wait for official reports from the police.

Yet you've been misspelling COLOMBIA for pages now :deadbanana:

Interesting take on the "brazilians" beating up a colombian...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Klein said:

You don't think it would be good press to be reaching out, paying everything for the family to be able to grief the lost of their daughter without worrying about money and more, rather than not doing anything at all? :rip:

That's why this situation is so complicated. There is not a single reason that we know of that would explain why she wouldn't reach out. 1) it's completely out of character for her and 2) it's a really bad, bad look to not do anything. 

That's why I think things are much more complicated than what we know behind the scenes, because it makes no sense whatsoever for Taylor to not do anything. 

I'd be the first to drag her and be truly disappointed if she actually did nothing and there was nothing to stop her from doing so. 

I just hope it's the case and her team can confirm something, do something that we don't already know. 

2 minutes ago, campelo said:

I just hope it's the case and her team can confirm something, do something that we don't already know. 

Me too. I fear it might take time though if there's actually an investigation going on (as there should be!). 

15 minutes ago, campelo said:

Yeah, she was really scamming people with a charity single whose proceeds were donated.  

Some of y’all just need to admit that you just hate her and get it over with. 

this just proves what I said

Her family knows the situation but fans want to blame it all on Taylor so that T4f goes free

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Her family knows the situation but fans want to blame it all on Taylor so that T4f goes free

Those Fans are so ******* stupid. They did the most  knowing ****

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I hope an autopsy was performed to rule out any comorbidities. There are many factors that could have caused her death. 

People are too quick to point fingers. 

7 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Could someone who reads Portuguese translate this?  

Everything think they know everything 

No one looks at what actually matters. If money was the only problem, Taylor would have given already and we wouldn't know.

For people who don't remember Taylor is rhe one that led to gofundme increasing the limit. She donates to her fan always.

There are many legality here.

T4F didn't even want to postpone the concert. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.